Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 108 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
Odd I just got a fb friend request from my wife..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
M
M
I am scraping my memory but I think his fundamental objection to that program was the fact that it advocated unconditional love, ie: sacrifice and did not believe in romantic love. That is in direct contradiction of Marriage Builders. MB promotes romantic love and avoids unconditional love because couples that are in love don't get divorced. Marriages that practice UL tend to fall out of love. He summarizes his position on "unconditional love" here:

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"The concept of unconditional love in marriage usually refers to a spouse�s lifelong commitment to care for the other spouse regardless of what the other spouse does. I�m in favor of a lifelong commitment to care regardless of unfavorable circumstances (health problems, financial setbacks, and other factors outside a couple�s control that can negatively impact a marriage). But I�m opposed to a lifelong commitment to care for a spouse when that spouse makes marriage-wrecking choices. It tends to give such people unrealistic expectations of entitlement�that they should be cared for, regardless of their willingness to care in return. Neglect and abuse characterize many marriages based on unconditional love."
here

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
Odd I just got a fb friend request from my wife..

Had she unfriended you?

I don't think I would accept her request because I suspect her reason might be to post nasty things about/to you on your facebook page.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
She never unfriendied.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
M
M
She never unfriendied.

and she sent another friend request??

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
She never unfriendied.

and she sent another friend request??
How dos that happen?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

W
OP Offline
W
Not sure. I have seen her in my friends list for a couple days now. Not certain about why another friend request.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I don't know what's going on. Now she's gone from my friends list.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

B
B
I don't know what's going on. Now she's gone from my friends list.
Sounds like she blocked you.

Have you checked to see if you can see her profile?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

W
OP Offline
W
That's fine...

She came home around 7:40 pm from his tutoring ,so me and my daughter ate already. They came in and I asked if the ate, she said no, I told her and the boy I made Shawarma, She replied oh good thank you, she made herself a plate and I noticed she had her head down like she was depressed. So I asked how sons tutoring went and she explained everything that was going on with his math. Actual conversation. She even told me it cost her 60.00.for tutoring and she put gas in the car with the money I gave. Son ate I even had conversation with him about math and he responded...

Kids are in other room and now the devil returned. Wife asked me exactly what did you tell my father, I just said I told him the truth. Now when she asked me this she was holding back from yelling b/c of kids.. She then went into the whole speel that I'm crazy and what did I think I'm going to accomplish by doing this. I simply stated to save our marriage and family. She went into you think that is what is going to save our marriage etc...going on and on. I said yes. She even asked did you read this in a book, who told you to do this, how is it going to save our marriage. Tell me how. I told her I can't right now..She wanted the playbook. She acted like she was going to hit me when I told her I'm sorry she is hurting.. She even told me thanks for straining her relation ship with her dad some more. He told me he wanted to take her to dinner Wed. Now she doesn't want to go. I did tell her I'm not going to same I'm sorry she decided to have an affair. She said she filed for divorce and it's irrelavant. She did start telling me all the things I did and I said your right I did those things and I'm responsible for them. She said all my changes I made would of saved our marriage not doing what I did. She said all the things I've done she should of f'D 10.guys already referring to sleeping. I never lost my cool, she told me there are three kind of people and one was loving a person unconditional, one you have to please and one you never can please. She put her father in the last one. I asked what about me. She didn't have one for me other than I'm done with you. I told her I'm doing all this to save our marriage and I've been loving you unconditional.. She was pissed during this whole conversation. She told me everyone fears for her safety b/c I'm crazy. But you came home to me.... She left and went in the other room. I'm watching big bang, she likes it too. she's came in the room watching it with me...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She still is pissed. She asked me what I told my daughter. I said I told her the truth. She said your version. I it's funny everyone is fearful for you but your in the same home with me and sitting in the same room with me..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She asked me several times for my evidence and what do you have. I just simply said I have proof, she continue to ask I didn't budge. She said b/c you don't have any.

While sitting in living room with me she starts asking when am I going to take care of the house getting it refinance etc.. I will when I do, I told her. She told no you won't your going to drag it out for what a year. That s your plan b/c you want to get what you want. She said your not going to. She is pretty pissed she even flipped me off.

Now she told me that I'm not sleeping in the bed with her. I politely told her I will be sleeping in the bed. She said no. She then told me she F hated me. She stated why do I have to sleep somewhere else, she said she had to sleep somewhere else all weekend. I told her that you made that choice, you didn't have to , she said yes I did , I didn't want to be around you, She flipped me off. She even told me that I'm delusional.

She spilled something in the kitchen, the rice I made and I hear a huge slam, She damn near knocked the frig through the wall. I try to help she tells me to get the F away from her, She is crying uncontrollably, I give some tissue she slaps it com my hand and states I hate you, I want you out of here. I go back into the living room while she throws her tantrum. She comes over to me saying I hate ,I hate you, she then hits me in the head twice. I told her to stop hitting me. She said go ahead call the cops, I don't care if I go to jail. She went into the sunroom slamming the doors. I went to the bedroom.

Is this going to be a long night. I've seen drug addicts going through withdraws and my wife seems like she is 10 times worse. God help me. I need some advice here...

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 03/30/14 09:01 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I really hate seeing her like this... I asked her why she hated me, she wouldn't answer me.. during all of this I have remained calm and spoke to her in a low voice. Where did my patience come from...

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 03/30/14 09:04 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
Is this going to be a long night. I've seen drug addicts going through withdraws and my wife seems like she is 10 times worse. God help me. I need some advice here...

Dr Harley would tell you to call the cops on her.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I'm sure most would call the cops. What's that going to solve, she goes to jail for assault and now what kids are all crying , moms going to jail etc...

My mother hit me harder in the head when I was boy. She didn't hit me hard she slowed it down...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Don't worry I have my voice recorder on.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

B
B
I'm sure most would call the cops. What's that going to solve, she goes to jail for assault and now what kids are all crying , moms going to jail etc...

My mother hit me harder in the head when I was boy. She didn't hit me hard she slowed it down...
It will teach your kids that abuse isn't tolerated and it will be documented with the cops.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

W
OP Offline
W
I know, I have been dealing with domestic violence calls for the last 18 yrs. They are the worst calls to go to and the most dangerous. I almost got stabbed on one.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Apparently I took her crackpipe away from her...and she is pissed..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
Be careful!! You inflicted a horrendous blow to her affair. As you can see, she is very, very addicted. She feels trapped and it will be harder for her to see the OM. I would make sure you have a GPS on her car and maybe a VAR velcroed under her drivers seat. I expect her to be more sneaky in the future.

Exposure 101

Page 24 of 108 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 154 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation