Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 108 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
Yes, it just blows my mind, but she still insist there just friends.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
I
I
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
I know my wife had told me she would like to continue taking daughter even after divorce. I don't want my daughter around that OM.

I think you've made it very clear that there won't be any buddy buddy divorce where you, DD, SS, WW and OM all come together for special occasions, join hands and sing cumbaya round a campfire.

That is every waywards dearest wish. Not giving up anyone or anything. Oh and the money for a second household will fall from the sky.

That's the real value in causing a fuss. Busting up these fantasies and introducing realities.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

W
W
He is 14, he only likes video games,

Could be playing paintball with him be a possibility?

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by walrus
He is 14, he only likes video games,

Could be playing paintball with him be a possibility?

That is an idea. he would like it, but he has alot of anxiety. I bought the kids a go-kart for christmas, and I took it out during the winter and he likes it but was scared to go for a ride. Now my daughter loved it.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
P
P
The minister was contacted.

Have you "spoken" with him? The minister needs to see that you are a reasonable and loving husband trying to save his marriage from OM's assault. You can show that by speaking with him.

Otherwise, the minister will just write you off when OM spins it.

It looks like OM is pictured playing the keyboards on the homepage slideshow. The minister and his wife are great exposure targets.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

W
OP Offline
W
yeah I spoke to him I told him that I was trying to save my marriage however there is some new developments apparently my work is ordered me into work. Usually that means .a fitness for duty evaluation or a suspension.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
Bring to your meeting documentation from this Website, including:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8112_exposed.html

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8001_affair.html

http://www.marriagebuilders.com//graphic/mbi2000_meet.html

All these will demonstrate that you are acting reasonably and trying to save your marriage using a method prescribed by a nationally known and highly successful marriage psychologist.

Good luck!

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
my attorney called and he wants to get a restraining order against mehowever my wifes attorney is saying they don't want to do that

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I think this is the actions of my ex not my wife but I could be wrong

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
I think this is the actions of my ex not my wife but I could be wrong

Is she still a cop? If yes, is she in your department?

N
N
You have done nothing but tell the truth and fight for your marriage. I would continue to trumpet that.
Your calmness and composure are admirable and display exactly how to do it.
Hopefully your department will see your efforts are for saving your marriage.
Going to court will further expose all the details to the public, if the POSOM goes down that route, it seems like a scare tactic.
Praying all goes well with your work.

W
OP Offline
W
alright heading into work here's my fate

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
my attorney called and he wants to get a restraining order against mehowever my wifes attorney is saying they don't want to do that

Wd, who wants to get a restraining order against you? The OM? He can't get a RO for telling the truth.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
On my way to see the shrink.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
On my way to see the shrink.

They just want to verify that you are fit for duty.
Pray for peace of mind and that the appointment will go well.

Tell the shrink you are following the advice of Willard Harley, a clinical psychologist and national marriage expert

J
J
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Wd, who wants to get a restraining order against you? The OM? He can't get a RO for telling the truth.

WD mentioned that he ended his meeting with POSOM saying something like, "This isn't over" or "I'm not finished." That's the angle he's probably going to play.

L
L
Is your BIL witness who went with you when you confronted the POSOM available to state that you acted calmly and rationally during the meeting where you advised the POSOM to stop interfering with YOUR Wife and YOUR Marriage?

Good luck. I hope you emphatically urge the investigating officer to immediately dispell ANY notions that you acted irresponsibly during a period of potential great emotional stress.

Let them see that your behavior was exemplary, especially under the conditions.

LTL

L
L
Who is the "They" that wants to get a restraining order against you?

LTL

P.S. Continue to remain calm and do not let any personal questions catch you off guard enough to get you rattled.

L
L
I believe that you recorded your confrontation with the POSOM.

If i remembered correctly, does the playback back you up in revealing a non-aggressive, yet firm stance of a man just trying to restore his family and marriage?

LTL

Page 46 of 108 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation