Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
X
OP Offline
X
Is it true that with the condition like my WH, deep in the fog, no intention of recovery for our marriage, it would at least take several months for him to wake up?

Me: BW, 36; WH: 37
Married 14 years
DD: 4yr, DS: 8 month
DD: 11/24/2013
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
Plan A before moving to CA as suggested by Dr Harley started 6/8/14.
M
M
Originally Posted by xpbrain1
Is it true that with the condition like my WH, deep in the fog, no intention of recovery for our marriage, it would at least take several months for him to wake up?

HE will only come out of the fog if his affair ends. If he ends his affair and cuts off contact with the OW, then his fog will dissipate over several months. However, he CAN commit to end his affair and recover the marriage while in the fog. As long as he does that, there is hope.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
[. I know they want the best for me, but they don't agree on the approach I'm taking. They even apologized that I shouldn't really expose them, might be too extreme. And they called me again to make sure I keep being nice to him, tolerate him, wait for the affair to die a natual death, just for the sake of kids, and WH used to be a nice guy.

WE hear this type of advice quite often. It is easy to give such advice when it is not their ox getting gored. Dr Harely, on the other hand, completely understands the damaging effects staying in touch has on a woman's mental health and he recommends separation.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
HE will only come out of the fog if his affair ends. If he ends his affair and cuts off contact with the OW, then his fog will dissipate over several months. However, he CAN commit to end his affair and recover the marriage while in the fog. As long as he does that, there is hope.

Thanks, Mel. wish we still got hope.

Married 14 years
Plan A (not properly done) since DD. Exposure to OW's friend and work on 03/25/2014. Lots of LBs.
Plan B (w/ MIL lives w/ me): started 4/4/2014. Exposed WH to most of our friends in early 05/2014.
J
J

We have to remember that "the fog" is a term Dr. Harley uses to describe "irrational thinking." (as explained on his Radio Show)

So, it can take several months or years for a wayward to "come out of the fog."
That is why exposure is so important: it speeds up the natural death of the affair.
After the affair dies a natural death, the wayward will be in depression and withdrawl (as described in Surviving an Affair)for several weeks before they start to emerge from the fog.

My (now ex)wife's affair started more than 2 years ago and she is still in the fog!

X
OP Offline
X
I'm sorry to hear that, Jedi.

WH will move out tomorrow. However, somehow, he chose to move to his office. I know it's none of my business, but just don't understand. i told him to get his own apt, and can't come to our apt during kids visitation. anyway, it's very sad... i thought he wouldn't leave the kids and his mom... MIL got sick again. He cares about his mother a lot. and last saturday, he sworn that he would not contact OW on his mom's health. And today, i reminded him that and he said he will keep that promise. shall i believe him? if he's not going to contact ow, why wouldn't let me check his phone freely and give me all his passwords... and he is still not willing to commit to the family. anyway, it's good he's moving out. from tomorrow, no contact with him.

Last edited by xpbrain1; 04/04/14 03:46 AM.

Married 14 years
I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[. I know they want the best for me, but they don't agree on the approach I'm taking. They even apologized that I shouldn't really expose them, might be too extreme. And they called me again to make sure I keep being nice to him, tolerate him, wait for the affair to die a natual death, just for the sake of kids, and WH used to be a nice guy.

WE hear this type of advice quite often. It is easy to give such advice when it is not their ox getting gored. Dr Harely, on the other hand, completely understands the damaging effects staying in touch has on a woman's mental health and he recommends separation.

My own family, who are lovely and supportive, didn't really understand the need to be as 'extreme' as changing my contact details. When I banned mention of his name they thought it was so odd..He was the main thing they wanted to talk about!

However a few months into Plan B, my mother discovered her sister's daughter was also a BW. She immediately recommended the MB plan and this website to her sister.

When describing the advice she gave to her sister she said: "I have no doubt that this plan will save any marraige that can be saved. If it can't it is his fault. You know we don't even talk about Indie's WH any more and it is so much better"

I said: "That sounds as though you don't even discuss him when I am not around?!" She replied: "We don't. Since you cut him out, we see he can't hurt you and you getting better and stronger. So he stopped being of any importance."

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
I'm sorry to hear that, Jedi.

WH will move out tomorrow. However, somehow, he chose to move to his office. I know it's none of my business, but just don't understand. i told him to get his own apt, and can't come to our apt during kids visitation. anyway, it's very sad... i thought he wouldn't leave the kids and his mom... MIL got sick again. He cares about his mother a lot. and last saturday, he sworn that he would not contact OW on his mom's health. And today, i reminded him that and he said he will keep that promise. shall i believe him? if he's not going to contact ow, why wouldn't let me check his phone freely and give me all his passwords... and he is still not willing to commit to the family. anyway, it's good he's moving out. from tomorrow, no contact with him.
Great xp, so you will enter Plan B tomorrow, correct?

When will you be handing him the letter? What do you have planned for yourself?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
And today, i reminded him that and he said he will keep that promise. shall i believe him? if he's not going to contact ow, why wouldn't let me check his phone freely and give me all his passwords... and he is still not willing to commit to the family. anyway, it's good he's moving out. from tomorrow, no contact with him.
with him.

xpbrain, he is in touch with the OW every day. I am sorry, but you cannot believe him. People who have nothing to hide, don't hide.

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X
Thanks guys for your replies.

@ indiegirl, thanks for sharing your experience. The elders in my family all have an opinion of what i should do to save my marriage, and it would be disrespect if I don't follow their advice. It is a big disappointment that I was hoping they could help me with the kids during the transition time when I move to CA. but, now it makes the situation more difficult.

@ BH, I will start plan b today. I sort of wrote him a plan b email on 3/18, but I didn't have IM ready and some of the details planned out. Then on 3/31, I found out although WH agreed to cut contacts with OW, he refused to work on the marriage, refuse to have extraordinary precautions, i emailed him again to have him move out by 4/4. This time, I have IM ready, kids visitation plan ready. and he set up sth temporary at his office, won't come back home sleep tonight.

I will keep looking for CA jobs. i think now i have little love left for him. I will keep working on myself, more workout, taking care babies. I don't get good sleep because of my 5-month old wakes up way too often at night. Now I'm the only person take care of him at night and have to work during the day. hope to catch up some sleep during WH's visitation time and over the weekends.

@Mel, It's blowing my mind that how he would ever do this to his mother if he really is in tough with OW every day. He's always very close to him mother, esp after his father passed away, and his mother is in poor health now.

Married 14 years
X
OP Offline
X
Would it be helpful if i ask IM to send WH the link of the thread "recently exposed my affair to my wife.." to show what kind of efforts should be put into recovery? But WH now is still in love with OW, worry about her a lot, won't delete any contact info, etc. Or shall I wait till he's remorseful and want to make amends himself? Thanks a lot!

Married 14 years
B
B
Would it be helpful if i ask IM to send WH the link of the thread "recently exposed my affair to my wife.." to show what kind of efforts should be put into recovery? But WH now is still in love with OW, worry about her a lot, won't delete any contact info, etc. Or shall I wait till he's remorseful and want to make amends himself? Thanks a lot!
I would wait until he's ready for recovery. It will do no good trying to educate a wayward.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I would wait until he's ready for recovery. It will do no good trying to educate a wayward.

Thanks, BH.

Married 14 years
B
B
How are you doing? Is he out?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M

nonono...... He doesn't care one whit about your efforts and you will just lose the board as a resource.

Did he leave?

Exposure 101

X
OP Offline
X
@BH and Mel, He's out. But i'm not doing so good. Probably because of lack of sleep, or his moving out, I felt very very sad today. Not so many good news today. Got word back from the contact person of the job i'm applying. The senior she knows from the group would not recommend working there. it's chaotic, that's what she said. But I'm still going to apply, at least get in first and then do internal transfer. That company would be my best fit to start a new life.

Also, my current boss is not too happy about my schedule change to accommodate the plan b, I have to drop off DD myself. I've already take many hours to go to counseling sessions, and kids wellness check, maternity leave and stuff. I wish i can just quit. but it would be great deal of stress without a job in sight and have to pay for rent, kids daycare and everything.

I really hate the poswh.

Married 14 years
B
B
@BH and Mel, He's out. But i'm not doing so good. Probably because of lack of sleep, or his moving out, I felt very very sad today. Not so many good news today. Got word back from the contact person of the job i'm applying. The senior she knows from the group would not recommend working there. it's chaotic, that's what she said. But I'm still going to apply, at least get in first and then do internal transfer. That company would be my best fit to start a new life.

Also, my current boss is not too happy about my schedule change to accommodate the plan b, I have to drop off DD myself. I've already take many hours to go to counseling sessions, and kids wellness check, maternity leave and stuff. I wish i can just quit. but it would be great deal of stress without a job in sight and have to pay for rent, kids daycare and everything.

I really hate the poswh.
Sorry friend, the first few days to weeks are the worst.

Take one step at a time. Can you get some rest this weekend?

Try not to think of it all at one time.

Apply for the jobs and cross that bridge when it gets here.

Can you spread your days off or time off throughout the weeks? Is there anyone at work you can share rides with or drop off duties?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Sorry friend, the first few days to weeks are the worst.

Take one step at a time. Can you get some rest this weekend?

Try not to think of it all at one time.

Thanks, BH. Yeah, over the weekend, MIL will watch both kids in the morning and I can catch some sleep. This is just hopeless... i don't even know he would ever come to his sense. I really want to divorce him and make him hurt!

I guess I can take some time off... I can ask help from my DD's classmates' parents, but they are all my WH's colleagues, might have the risk of knowing sth is wrong in our family.

Last edited by xpbrain1; 04/04/14 07:11 PM.

Married 14 years
J
J
, but they are all my WH's colleagues, might have the risk of knowing sth is wrong in our family.

Tell them that your husband is having an affair and breaking up the family and you need help with the kids

X
OP Offline
X
plan b has been very difficult on me emotionally.

it really got me when my boss asked me how long does the change of work schedule will be need. I said I don't know and ended the conversation by asking if we could talk about it another time. I really don't want to cry in front of my boss. Then i told boss it's just temporary, should be just 3-4 months. I will most likely be in CA at that time.

Over the weekend, MIL got sick again. It's like everything, I mean every single thing is against me right now. She told me I might need to ask help from my relatives to take care of the kids. She wanted to help me so much, but just she's too old and can't really take the stress.

Then my relatives wanted to lecture me how to survive the affair by tolerating the WH. All I want is sb. to help me with the kids while i'm working full time. I guess sometimes, nanny might be a better option.

WH moved out on Friday. Visited kids and MIL on Sat. He did come in the apt since MIL is sick and couldn't really go out at that time. I went out for a movie and a hair cut.

Feeling blue. More than ever I wanted to be with my friends. I think he would never come to his senses, and more than ever I want to divorce him.

Married 14 years
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation