Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 108 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 107 108
J
J
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
WD,
My wife's affair partner also looked like he could be her father.

Interestingly, my ex wife was raised by her single mother.
Her sister (my SIL) told me that OM looks like their mother!
I wonder if this is common

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
I kind of sit here wondering does this women have any love for me at all. It seems since exposure everything got worst and she is more towards OM. This is how it apears to me. I know 6 months etc, I noticed she now wants half of my pension for the years we were married, in the beginning she didn't want anything, ever since exposure she changed, I'm sure its POSOM pushing this. I just wish he would do something stupid.

One thing to remember about exposure is that while it does speed up the death of the affair, it also speeds up divorce. Exposure puts everything on a fast track

I wouldn't mind going to Florida this weekend. It could be pulled off, even last minute. I will never drink again Jedi I'm done with it. I haven't desired or wanted it.

I met with my attorney and we answered back to his Bull crap. One thing I missed the the signed order by the judge. I'm allowed to carry my gun still. That box was left blank from the signed order. She just sent me a text of her GF baby. We just love this little guy , we discussed having one. She thinks she is to old. I know a kid is another hurdle.

I could use this text as a chance to ask about FL this weekend, what does everyone think.

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 04/16/14 03:35 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
I am going to my nephews birthday party. I wonder if she would go..

I don't think she is ready for that yet.

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 04/16/14 03:32 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
see I know everyone says don't peruse and be needy, I truly believe my wife wants me to persue her. When I was on DB site and talking to coach he noticed that seem to work with her. She liked all the attention I was giving her. It caused conflict with her when I started to change. She would cry and say why now are you changing...So I know she noticed it. I remember one time she cried really hard because she told me look at.you you are moving on with no problem. I really couldn't say anything at that point. I was doing acting as if.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I sent her a text about sitting on the beach In the sand in the midst of this stress. She is at GF. Don't know if OM picked her up or not. Never can tell with this stuff. Or if GF switched cars with her. GF works with her. Just have to wait and see..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I'm waiting for my sister at the restaurant, I have an empty feeling in me, just total emptiness. This is the stuff my wife loves. These get togethers. Here I sit alone. She still hasn't responded to my beach text. I sometimes just over think things. I just want my wife , son and life back. I miss them every day and it seem more as the days go by...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
Hey WD!
This too shall pass, but it sucks going through it. Hang in there, brother. God is with you.

M
M
I think you should pursue her! That shows her you care. Just don't be annoying. I can see that your gestures are having an amazing effect on her.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
Hey WD!
This too shall pass, but it sucks going through it. Hang in there, brother. God is with you.

I know. It just sucks. I know the cake went over real well. it's just seems like I'm the one losing at this. I know it takes 6 months for the affair to die. It's been what 6 days..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

F
F
WD, I did a version of Plan A for 14 months. I did not know about MB, so I did not know to avoid WH's discussions of D or to stop asking questions about the A, but otherwise I was the nicest and most pleasant version of myself. I smiled when I wanted to cry and tried to have the conversations he wanted about D, when I was dying inside. It was painful and agonizing.

You are doing a great Plan A. I am no expert, but wow, you have the technique down. Keep it up, use the forum, family and friends to lift you back up when you think that you cannot go on.

Enjoy the dinner with your sister.

D-Day 1 - May 4, 2012

E
E
WD, it is a rollercoaster and you'll be up one hour, minute and down the next. Try not to react emotionally.

You are doing fine!

W
OP Offline
W
I sent her a pic of our nephew. He's 1. She liked it and asked if I was with him. I said yes . She asked where so I told the place and other nephew 18.Birth day. She said ok.

She answered the text about the beach, saying yea who wouldn't. So I said let's go this weekend and she said where I said Florida. I day say as a stress relief and just friends. She said she doesn't have the money nor do I. And she is to fat in a bathing suit. I just said let's just go and have some fun. She then said it's just not good timing. I said I understand and it would be a great stress relief. She said thank you. I can't go I'm just not in that place. I said ok with a smile face. She then sent me this ,Why would you want to go to Florida..."just friends". I haven answered that need some help on how to.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
"I miss you" smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I'll send it. Thanks. I like to do something with her this weekend even go to church with her Sunday...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She sent. I know this is not easy..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Then she said she might come over afte work tomorrow to pick up her work out CD. which is around 8:30..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She Should just come home and work out...maybe I'm just kidding myself with all of this.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
It's like was she saying she missed me also and its not easy for me or not easy for her.....it sucks with texting. You always have to read between the lines.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I have an update::

My wife, called me and said if it was ok for her to come over after work, I said yes, shen then said she might just spend the night. I said ok that would be nice.

She then asked why do you want to take me to Florida, I said because it wouldbe fun and help with all this stress. She said you don't find it odd/weird we are divorcing, were married and were going to Florida as friends. I said it would be a great stresss relieif. She then said we don't know where we would stay etc... I said thats what makes this fun and adventures. she said she is spending easter with her family, when she said this it wasn't very convincing, I said you are and she said yes, but not real positive. I said then you can wish them happe Easter from florida.

She then said sh would look gross in a bathing suite etc... really putting herself down. I said I understand and then I said a slight stern voice, You are a beautiful women inside and out I said this twice and I told her I love her the way she is. she replied thank you.

During this whole conversation she was down, she even told me she hasn't been sleeping well and she is emotionaly stressed. She said she has been sweating at night and having insomnia. Any time she mentioned divorce which was only 3 times and she wasn't argumentive about it. I just ignored it. She even asked me if anyone asked about her, I said they asked me how you has she been. She said your lying, I did discuss her and I told everyone if this all works out, to please support us.

She even told me why are you making this harder.

So it interesting how she is coming over tomorrow after work and how she said she might spend the night. She does have clothes here. She could of just asked me to bring her work out cd to her.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
I sent her a pic of our nephew. He's 1. She liked it and asked if I was with him. I said yes . She asked where so I told the place and other nephew 18.Birth day. She said ok.

She answered the text about the beach, saying yea who wouldn't. So I said let's go this weekend and she said where I said Florida. I day say as a stress relief and just friends. She said she doesn't have the money nor do I. And she is to fat in a bathing suit. I just said let's just go and have some fun. She then said it's just not good timing. I said I understand and it would be a great stress relief. She said thank you. I can't go I'm just not in that place. I said ok with a smile face. She then sent me this ,Why would you want to go to Florida..."just friends". I haven answered that need some help on how to.

Your answers to a wayward need to be like a politician.
For example, someone may say, "Obmamacare doesnt work."
Another may reply, "People with cancer need treatment."
"An 86 year old grandma wants to live" etc

"You cant afford going to Florida,"
reply: "It's nice to relax in the sand and have masssages on the beach"

Page 98 of 108 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation