Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by high_road
Originally Posted by SP12
Does anyone kow if a key logger will work without logging into the computer? Stupid question probably but don't have password for the computer (i can only log on as a guest) to install software so was going to get the device that you plug in instead but will this still require access into the computer?

Yes, you will need administrator access to install any type of monitoring whether software or hardware. The hardware sticks don't necessarily have software to install, but drivers are necessary, which would require admin access.

If you plug one in without the drivers, it will alert him to its presence when he logs in next.

The ones that go between the keyboard and computer *should* work out for you, although the keystrokes are a bit harder to interpret since there is no other info (program being used, website visited etc), it's just raw text data to my knowledge.
Better than nothing, but harder to interpret.

Aaah ok thanks for the info. To be honest I'm pretty nervous about trying this one as he's pretty computer savvy. Will have a think.....

Me & WH both 33 years old
Married nearly 5 years
2 kids-1 and 4 years old - one on the way
D day 15/04/2014
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013
Do your best to be cool as a cucumber tonight. Yes, ask questions, but be as pleasant as possible. We all remember how difficult that is. puke

This time may end up having to be your Plan A before you go to Plan B IF he won't wake up and smell the pig pen.

I agree with BrainHurts. I also think that you need to hire a PI to take some of this stress and thinking away from you right now. In light of what you are going through, at this point does the cost really matter?

Will try and be as cool as possible. My defenses are a bit up now though as called to say he's working late - so I'm suspicious....

Married nearly 5 years
D day 15/04/2014
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Also contacted a couple of PI's and the cost is quite a lot, not sure i could pay it especially if i want to put some money aside for Plan B

Married nearly 5 years
D day 15/04/2014
H
H
Aaah ok thanks for the info. To be honest I'm pretty nervous about trying this one as he's pretty computer savvy. Will have a think.....

If you're using one that goes between the keyboard cable and the tower, you'll be fine with that. No way to detect that unless it is physically spotted. If the tower is in an out of the way spot there's little chance of that.

Just be sure you test operation of the computer (from the user acct you can access) to be sure everything works as it should. Gotta be sure the keyboard functions after installation or it will be spotted.

B
B
Yes, it is telling that a man who just faced the ruination of his marriage and family would choose to "work late" the very next evening.

Do you want him to "work late"?

If not, call him back and tell him that he needs to come home.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
B
B
Also contacted a couple of PI's and the cost is quite a lot, not sure i could pay it especially if i want to put some money aside for Plan B
But if you do not pay it, then this can drag on for days and days. Your health and your baby's health cannot afford that.

I totally hear you on wanting to do your own work. I was the same. But I got LUCKY and saw it with my own eyes! Even at THAT, my H lied straight to my face.

You are not dealing with a naive or stupid wayward here. He has gaslighted you successfully for years already, and you are going to have to stop it in its tracks if there is to be hope for recovery.

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Email your questions to Joyce Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com. When your email question is chosen to be answered on the radio show, you will be notified by email directing you to listen to the rebroadcast. If you would like to consider being a caller, include your telephone number. You will be called by us to explain the procedure to you. Every caller will receive a complementary book by Dr. Harley that addresses their question.

Did you email Dr Harley?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
But if you do not pay it, then this can drag on for days and days. Your health and your baby's health cannot afford that.

I totally hear you on wanting to do your own work. I was the same. But I got LUCKY and saw it with my own eyes! Even at THAT, my H lied straight to my face.

You are not dealing with a naive or stupid wayward here. He has gaslighted you successfully for years already, and you are going to have to stop it in its tracks if there is to be hope for recovery.

Agree. I think the PI is worth the $$ in this case.

His "working late" and phone still being password locked = affair is still ON. A PI could probably get the goods on who this OW is which you will need to expose this successfully.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by high_road

If you're using one that goes between the keyboard cable and the tower, you'll be fine with that. No way to detect that unless it is physically spotted. If the tower is in an out of the way spot there's little chance of that.

Just be sure you test operation of the computer (from the user acct you can access) to be sure everything works as it should. Gotta be sure the keyboard functions after installation or it will be spotted.

Great, thanks for that

Married nearly 5 years
D day 15/04/2014
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, it is telling that a man who just faced the ruination of his marriage and family would choose to "work late" the very next evening.

Do you want him to "work late"?

If not, call him back and tell him that he needs to come home.

Had a long talk, when he came home, he was very down and depressed, admitted not wanting to come home and face everything.

Married nearly 5 years
D day 15/04/2014
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Email your questions to Joyce Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com. When your email question is chosen to be answered on the radio show, you will be notified by email directing you to listen to the rebroadcast. If you would like to consider being a caller, include your telephone number. You will be called by us to explain the procedure to you. Every caller will receive a complementary book by Dr. Harley that addresses their question.

Did you email Dr Harley?

Hi, I missed this yesterday for some reason, will do today, thanks

Married nearly 5 years
D day 15/04/2014
S
SP12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Agree. I think the PI is worth the $$ in this case.

His "working late" and phone still being password locked = affair is still ON. A PI could probably get the goods on who this OW is which you will need to expose this successfully.

I do agree with it's just tricky taking that much funds out of joint account without an explanation.it would easier to do it in bits.

The hardest part about this whole thing is fully expecting WH to beg forgiveness (which he has) and calling OW immediately to end everything. I just sense he feels really bad, he wants to let her down gently but it enrages me. I have made what is a reasonable demand but I probably did cross over into badgering as I told him to call her NOW. I have made it clear it needs to be done without offering her any glimmer of hope. He is struggling with shame, letting everybody down, being a liar etc and I guess the idea of having to go through what he has gone through with me again with her is overwhelming him but hey, that's the price you pay for making bad choices.

Married nearly 5 years
D day 15/04/2014
B
B
Here is what Dr. Harley says about going no contact: "How should an unfaithful spouse tell his lover that their relationship is over? If left to their own devices, many would take a Caribbean cruise to say their final good-byes. Obviously, that will not do. In fact, I recommend that the final good-bye be in the form of a letter, and not in person or even by telephone."

(the red is my emphasis) You can read this whole response HERE

Good for you for demanding that he do it NOW. Nothing wrong with that at all. And no need to badger. He either goes no contact immediately, or he leaves.

ALSO he needs to immediately hand you his phone with his password so that you can see it. He has no doubt already deleted evidence, but if it happens to be an apple phone, you can still plug it into the computer and back it up and thus be able to see his deleted messages with the (free) software by decipher textmessage.

Has he given you his password for his computer?

Has he given you the latest other woman's name? How did they meet? How were they able to carry on the affair?

B
B
No contact for life means�.well�it means no contact. It doesn't mean "after he gets a final goodbye". It means�starting now.

Here is an example of what he needs to HAND write to his girlfriend. Then YOU need to take it for posting so that you are certain that it got sent. THIS is the proper way to go no contact for life.

This is taken from the Exposure 101 thread:

[from SAA, pg 58]

OW, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk to you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that BS did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay BS for the pain I caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely, XXXXX

L
L
No contact for life means�.well�it means no contact. It doesn't mean "after he gets a final goodbye". It means�starting now.

Here is an example of what he needs to HAND write to his girlfriend. Then YOU need to take it for posting so that you are certain that it got sent. THIS is the proper way to go no contact for life.

This is taken from the Exposure 101 thread:

[from SAA, pg 58]

OW, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk to you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that BS did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay BS for the pain I caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely, XXXXX

The letter of No Contact above, highlighted in red, should be his final communication with skanky. It's all about the hurt and betrayal he brought to YOU and nothing about skanky. And that's the way it SHOULD be.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
B
B
It will be interesting if he actually writes the NC Letter and then you will send it to OW and then you will have the name and can look up her BH's name.

You're missing an important step and that is to expose. Have you exposed on your WH's side?

You need to find out who these OWs are.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
He wants to let her down easy? This affair sounds very much ON to me.

Did you do a reverse search on the phone number to verify the name of the OW? There is even an app for that.

Is his phone still password locked?

I am concerned the steps are getting a little messy here. You really need spyware in place and name of OW before you expose, IMO.

I don't think demanding a NCL when his phone is still password locked and hasn't even given you the name of the OW is a good idea either.

Just my 2 cents.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted by SusieQ
He wants to let her down easy? This affair sounds very much ON to me.

Did you do a reverse search on the phone number to verify the name of the OW? There is even an app for that.

Is his phone still password locked?

I am concerned the steps are getting a little messy here. You really need spyware in place and name of OW before you expose, IMO.

I don't think demanding a NCL when his phone is still password locked and hasn't even given you the name of the OW is a good idea either.

Just my 2 cents.
She's in the UK and says there are laws against some of the things we recommend.

I've been pushing for her to find these OW's names and BH. I agree with you that she needs to find the OW. I agree with SQ, this should be your priority.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
SP12,

You need to put all your energy into finding out whom these OW are and then prepare for Plan B if he will not end his affairs.

I wonder if the "family" he was having dinners with could be his kids? Your WH has been doing this for awhile and may have fathered others.

Will you find out who these OW are by hiring a PI? He will get the goods.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
When will you be exposing? You know the OW's name. I know there may be others, but you need to expose this OW.

I only know her first name and still not sure it's her real name. Shes not on his fb friends list but I tried searching friends list of people they have in common and found a few first name matches so going to explore those
You have her phone number, correct?

Did you search by phone number? Do a Google search of her number? Do a reverse phone lookup?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation