Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
B
B
I was just coming into this thread to ask about Karen and well...there it is!! LOL

Glad things are pretty dang nice! smile

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
R
R
The best advice

don't move in with each other unless you marry and do it after the wedding.

: )

R
rit Offline
R
I will just say think for tomorrow.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
TC, is Karen still in the picture?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by black_raven
TC, is Karen still in the picture?

She is indeed! It's been a busy two and a half months(ish). Since the last time I posted on this thread, we've spent quite a large portion of our off time with each other. We waited until the two month mark before I introduced her to the kiddos. While I'm glad I did, I will say any reservations I had didn't materialize because the kids like her, she likes the kids and we're all having a good time together doing things.

She has remained authentically KAREN throughout the last two months which is nice to see. She is extremely open and honest which is something that I greatly appreciate. She's fun to be around, she's kind to the kids and is a great activity partner. I love spending time with her and my love bank is quite full! I will say though that we have had a few challenges that have caused a moment of quiet or two.

At one point, she told me that while I treat her like a queen while my kids aren't with us, when I have them I tend to treat her the same as them in regard to tone of voice, more authoritarian, etc. I acknowledged that this is true; my exww said the same thing. We talked about it in brief but I know we need to have a longer conversation about it. I don't want this to be an issue.

Another sticky point is she has a tendency to get moody on occasion, most of the time at the drop of the hat. I normally don't know why at the time and we're working on communicating during these periods. She says that I'm fantastic at this so it's nice to be validated in that regard. The last major challenge that I can see is that I'm in the middle of my last class for my BA that I've been working on for the last seven years so I'm up to my eyeballs in work, school work, kids, house and girlfriend. It's hard budgeting time but it's something we're talking about and making sure we get as much as we possibly can; at least 20 hours each week.

The short of it is we're still doing really well and I absolutely love her. It's nice to be in a relationship where your partner is just as into being with you as you are with them. We're talking about MB principles in abstract and trying to apply them when we can. Heck, we're even planning a vacation with the kiddos down to Orlando in June. Good times. :-)

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
N
N
Hi TC, thanks for the update, I'm hoping things are still going great. Nothing like open and honest!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
I
I
How did your conversation go about how you speak to her with the children there?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
J
What's going on Travis?

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation