Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
MelodyLane #2801688 05/15/14 05:19 PM
H
H
Follow the MB program. Eliminate Love Busters. Implement POJA so that you only do things when both of you are enthusiastic.

My suggestion for first thing to POJA? You getting a dog. The dog will provide the Affection you are missing while you work on improving your marriage to the point where your wife is enthusiastic about meeting your need herself. Good luck.

When you can see it coming, duck!
M
M
Originally Posted by holdingontoit
My suggestion for first thing to POJA? You getting a dog. The dog will provide the Affection you are missing while you work on improving your marriage to the point where your wife is enthusiastic about meeting your need herself. Good luck.

I don't understand how a dog will meet his needs in his marriage? The entire purpose of meeting needs is to create romantic love, not to meet some basic need like air or water. He is not attempting to create a romantic relationship with a dog.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2801720 05/15/14 07:27 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
He is not attempting to create a romantic relationship with a dog.
However, if he uses a dog to meet an emotional need he might end up creating one.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2801721 05/15/14 07:28 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
He is not attempting to create a romantic relationship with a dog.
However, if he uses a dog to meet an emotional need he might end up creating one.

I thought that was only sheep??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2801725 05/15/14 07:32 PM
S
S
Apparently it can be anything. There are people who claim to have married the Eiffel Tower, in Paris. They claim to be romantically involved with the Eiffel Tower itself.

Did you ever see The Simpsons Movie? Homer became awfully fond of his pig...

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2801729 05/15/14 07:39 PM
M
M
The Eiffel Tower can meet your need for conversation. It has been known to be riveting.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
NotTouched #2801734 05/15/14 07:48 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by NotTouched
My wife has always been a very cold, non-touching, non-affectionate, non-romantic woman.

Minus the romantic part, is she non-touching/non-affectionate with the children and others?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
SugarCane #2801735 05/15/14 07:49 PM
B
B
Horses!!! Especially if they look like Sarah Jessica Parker lol

http://news.yahoo.com/bestiality-crimes-america-233736760.html

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
markos #2802058 05/17/14 09:59 AM
L
L
I don't think I would say his wife doesn't love him. I have a friend who loves her husband dearly, she just isn't affectionate - period.

BW 54 (me)
RH 55
NotTouched #2802060 05/17/14 10:02 AM
L
L
I have sympathy for your problem. I am in the same boat. It is hard for sensitive people to live with dominants because our emotions get trampled easily. Will your wife let you cuddle when you go to bed? Maybe give her a backup to set a mood? The tough part is when you do everything you can think of and no result comes of it.

I wish I had advice for you that would work.

BW 54 (me)
RH 55
lovehurts2 #2802299 05/18/14 09:34 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by lovehurts2
I have sympathy for your problem. I am in the same boat. It is hard for sensitive people to live with dominants because our emotions get trampled easily. Will your wife let you cuddle when you go to bed? Maybe give her a backup to set a mood? The tough part is when you do everything you can think of and no result comes of it.

I wish I had advice for you that would work.

lh2, don't worry - we do have advice for him here that will work. According to Dr. Harley, in almost any marriage if a husband will commit to meeting his wife's emotional needs, protecting her from the worst in himself (demands, disrespect, and anger), abstaining from independent behavior, etc., he will eventually be irreplaceable to her - his account in her love bank will be so full that her emotions will help motivate her to want to meet his emotional needs.

It's unfortunately not so cut and dry when the problem is a woman whose husband is not on board. Sometimes those situations have to go to a separation before a husband will finally start giving his wife the care and protection she needs. But for this kind of case, where the husband is on board with the program and the wife seems reluctant at first, the husband will typically have success if he is persistent over time, according to Dr. Harley. It worked in my experience!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation