Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 54 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 53 54
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Indie

You're making me hungry with all those yummy food ideas!

Well tomorrow will be officially 1 week of NC/Plan B. It's been a tough week and I miss H so much but I have survived the first week! Surely it will just get easier. I think I might reward myself with a treat every week that I get through.

My Plan B pick me ups:

- Playing uplifting inspirational music in my car. Also playing it at work as my job allows this. I even just play the songs on repeat to really sink it into my head!

- Playing games with my son and spending lots of time with him.

- Watching movies and funny shows.

My bucketlist:

- Going to PEI Canada which will be ticked off in 6 weeks time!
- Doing a writing course and perhaps getting published.

My travel itinerary:

I have so much planned for my DS and I! Lots of touristy stuff, theme parks for my DS, digging for clams, exploring beaches and national parks, visiting historic sites, climbing a lighthouse, crossing the Confederation Bridge, going on a bus that then goes into the water and so much more! We will be eating out every night and my DS is excited because he wants to try lobster for the very first time!

So it's very jam packed and exciting. It's been my dream for so long to go there. I had hoped it would be with my H but unfortunately he won't be joining us frown But I am determined to have the BEST TIME with my DS and really looking forward to it. I think the change of scenery will do me the world of good and hopefully give me a new perspective on things.

And who knows I might get the travel bug and want to start travelling more with my DS.

I go in 6 weeks so hopefully I will be feeling a lot stronger and positive by then smile

I definately need this holiday!

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
S
S
You're doing great, RS!!!!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
C
C
PEI is amazing!
Take lots of photos and get to DS take them, too...

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
B
B
hurray

You're a rock star, rocksolid.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
PEI IS YOUR OVERSEAS TRIP?????????????????? faint THAT PLACE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know you can get most of LMM's books for free on Kindle? Even if you don't have a kindle, you can sign up for the account, get the books, and read them online.

Be sure to look for the Anne of Green Gables Windy Poplars Toilet Paper.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
R
OP Offline
R
Wow thank you Susie and Brainhurts and Cat and Neak and Indie and melody and everybody being so encouraging!

PEI has been my dream since I was little and Anne of Green Gables has been my inspiration to go there. We are doing lots of 'Anne' stuff on the island. I don't think my son was too impressed at doing the Anne stuff so I'm breaking it up and doing fun stuff for him as well.

Neak and catwhit have you been there? I will definately buy the Anne toilet paper! That sounds so cool. Don't think I will use it though! I am going to buy a doll as well. And will check out the books as well. I have the first book but not the others. I have all the movies too.

It will actually be my birthday when I'm over there so I'll be having a good birthday present.

I've always dreamed of seeing the red sand ever since I first saw Anne of Green Gables smile

I think I might add my two favourite lines from the movie to my signature line. I often think about them and use them as an inspiration in my situation and to life in general.

1. It's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.

2. Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.

Brainhurts I was so flattered you said I was a rockstar! I was actually thinking last week that I was determined to be a Plan B success on MB and for one day someone to post that rocksolid was a rockstar!! After one week of Plan B you saying that I feel very encouraged. Thanks!!

I'm so blessed to have all your support it's been so amazing x

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
C
C
Yes, RockSolid, I have been, several times. But SOOOO long ago, I don't know that my experience would be valuable. In fact, it was before there WAS a bridge!

We did go to the Anne house. And had wonderful lobster suppers (in the church basement, where it was all-you-can-eat, and the minister played the piano for the sing-along.) And the beaches at Cavendish,

I am very excited for you!!

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
N
N
Now I'm going to have to see where I stuck the album. The kids were 4, 2, and in utero at the time.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
Originally Posted by rocksolid
Brainhurts I was so flattered you said I was a rockstar! I was actually thinking last week that I was determined to be a Plan B success on MB and for one day someone to post that rocksolid was a rockstar!! After one week of Plan B you saying that I feel very encouraged. Thanks!!
If you stay on this path of Plan B you will continue to be a rockstar!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I
Oh my goodness, your Plan B will be legendary and will be the thread we direct all who come after!

I ADORE Anne of Green Gables and I'm so jealous!

I used to have "the truth will set you free" in my sig, not solely because of it being a bible verse, but because of its use in Anne's House of Dreams. There, Anne, Gilbert, and their friend Leslie face a tough moral choice and choose logic and principle over emotion. Leslie also does something very brave due to her respect for her responsibility in marriage.

If you don't know what I'm talking about or how the truth sets her free, do read it!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Indie

No I've never read Anne's House of Dreams and don't know who Leslie is. I am going to have to read that for sure!! I really like the idea of chossing logic over emotion. That sounds like what Plan B is all about. Thank you so much for that I will definately get that book plus the others.

Wow I would be honoured if people read my thread one day who were doing Plan B smile I better not fail then!

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Neak did you find your holiday album? I bet your trip was amazing!

Catwhit I'm actually staying in Cavendish! I can't wait to see the beaches. I chose Cavendish as it was central to all the Anne things. That lobster supper you had sounds delicous.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Week 1 over of Plan B. I survived. It can only get better from here.

Onto day 8. Thanks everyone!

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
N
N
Haven't looked yet, it's been crazy. crazy

Kindle version of all Anne of Green Gables books for $0.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Anne-Green-Ga...sr=1-3&keywords=anne+of+green+gables

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
J
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Oh my goodness, your Plan B will be legendary and will be the thread we direct all who come after!

I ADORE Anne of Green Gables and I'm so jealous!

I used to have "the truth will set you free" in my sig, not solely because of it being a bible verse, but because of its use in Anne's House of Dreams. There, Anne, Gilbert, and their friend Leslie face a tough moral choice and choose logic and principle over emotion. Leslie also does something very brave due to her respect for her responsibility in marriage.

If you don't know what I'm talking about or how the truth sets her free, do read it!

I have read Anne of Green Gables to my children at bedtime.
It is a good book/ series of books.

N
N
The Blue Castle (Not an Anne book, but terrific nonetheless.)

Valancy Stirling has been downtrodden and marginalized her whole life. After turning 29 and past all hope of escaping old-maidness, she learns that she only has a year to live. Casting aside all the fears that held her down, she decides to cut a very wide swath.

Valancy tried to read a story, but it made her furious. On every page was a picture of the heroine surrounded by adoring men. And there was she, Valancy Stirling, who could not get a solitary beau! Valancy slammed the magazine shut; she opened Magic of Wings. Her eyes fell on the paragraph that changed her life.

"Fear is the original sin," wrote John Foster. "Almost all the evil in the world has its origin in the fact that someone is afraid of something. It is a cold, slimy serpent coiling about you. It is horrible to live with fear; and it is of all things degrading."

Valancy shut Magic of Wings and stood up. She would go and see Dr. Trent.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
R
OP Offline
R
It is good isn't it Jedi! Do you have girls? Unfortunately my DS won't listen to an Anne of Green Gables story! Well he's going to be stuck with hearing about it on Prince Edward Island smile

Neak that Blue Castle book sounds amazing just what I need. I will look for that on ebay. And 99cents for the kindle books what a bargain!

I have a lot of reading to do!

I'm feeling so much stronger now I'm in Plan B. I miss my H like crazy and still light our wedding candle at night to shine the way home for him. I pray to God at night to give my H the strength to come home to me.

And then I continue getting on with things and concentrate on my son and our trip and making the most of each day. The last six months have been so hurtful and draining but I am determined to have a GREAT year. My WH may be miserable with POSOW but I will not live my life like that! I am going to come out stronger and a better person.

I dearly want to reconcile my marriage, and hope he comes back but if this doesn't happen I am going to LIVE MY LIFE AND NOT WASTE A SECOND!!

Thanks everyone smile

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Neak, is Magic of Wings an actual book also?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
J
J
Yes, I have DS (11), DD (9) and DD(7).
We read Anne of Green Gables a year ago.
We are currently reading an Oz book: The Patchwork Girl of Oz.

I read to my kids every night, and often sing to them.

J
J
Originally Posted by rocksolid
I pray to God at night to give my H the strength to come home to me.

Do you read the Bible daily?
There is a Bible Devotion posted daily in the Forum, if you scroll down to the bottom.

Page 17 of 54 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 53 54

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation