Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36
S
S
SFL, I just wanted to chime in and give you encouragement to stay strong.

Bring out the mamma bear for your kids today to give them the best possible chance of being in an intact home.

You owe your WH ZERO, NADA consideration for his anticipation of a wonderful weekend. You are in charge. Don't delay so your kids have a chance of many wonderful weekends in the future, even if at the price of this one.

You CAN DO IT!!!! Stay strong.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I think he's so far entrenched that he won't leave but I will still do Exposure and Plan B for my sanity.

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
I think he's so far entrenched that he won't leave but I will still do Exposure and Plan B for my sanity.

He might not leave NOW, but exposure will hasten the death of the affair. I agree he is very entrenched, but the solution to that is exposure.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I would send this letter to your family and friends. It should go to his parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, your family and close friends:

Dear friends and family,

I am writing you this message because you are an important person in the lives of xxxx and I. WS has recently asked me for a separation, which has shattered my heart. To my shock, I am saddened to have discovered that the reason is because he has been carrying on an affair with a coworker named Skanky SueSlut who resides in xxxxxx. I have had him followed by a Private investigator and he flies into Utah, checks into his hotel and then drives to Skanky's home to spend the night. The purpose of the separation is so that he can carry on his affair without my interference.

I want our marriage to recover from this affair. If you have any influence on my babe, please do what you can to get him to stop this affair. I want to stay married, but the affair must end.

As our friends and family, I am asking that you use your influence with xxxx to persuade her to end his affair and try to work on our marriage. Our marriage can be salvaged if he would only end the affair. Please support him in doing the right thing. Please support our marriage.

I would so appreciate your support and prayers.

Warmest regards,

Ok, I hear all this but, I only have proof that he did it this week when he already told me we were separating. He will tell all his friends and family that it just started- long after he and I were "over." He will say that we had problems for months and this was just a reaction to our problems.

Maybe I can add that he had his first fling (as far as I know) back in November when we were going to couples counseling and he was promising to work on us?

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
When is he flying back? And how many hours will it take for him to fly home?

Do you have a babysitter you can leave the kids with for the evening of his return?

He flies back at 4pm and is back in LA at 6/6:30

No, unfortunately I don't have a babysitter the kids can stay with. He'll arrive at 6:30 and bathes them and puts them to bed. He also pays for wifi on the phone so he can text if people start contacting him on the plane he might not want to come home? or come up and explode at me in front of the kids?

Last edited by SFL; 05/20/14 03:57 PM.

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
L
L
Originally Posted by SFL
I would send this letter to your family and friends. It should go to his parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, your family and close friends:

Dear friends and family,

I am writing you this message because you are an important person in the lives of xxxx and I. WS has recently asked me for a separation, which has shattered my heart. To my shock, I am saddened to have discovered that the reason is because he has been carrying on an affair with a coworker named Skanky SueSlut who resides in xxxxxx. I have had him followed by a Private investigator and he flies into Utah, checks into his hotel and then drives to Skanky's home to spend the night. The purpose of the separation is so that he can carry on his affair without my interference.

I want our marriage to recover from this affair. If you have any influence on my babe, please do what you can to get him to stop this affair. I want to stay married, but the affair must end.

As our friends and family, I am asking that you use your influence with xxxx to persuade her to end his affair and try to work on our marriage. Our marriage can be salvaged if he would only end the affair. Please support him in doing the right thing. Please support our marriage.

Warmest regards,

Ok, I hear all this but, I only have proof that he did it this week when he already told me we were separating. He will tell all his friends and family that it just started- long after he and I were "over." He will say that we had problems for months and this was just a reaction to our problems.

Maybe I can add that he had his first fling (as far as I know) back in November when we were going to couples counseling and he was promising to work on us?

You are just looking for excuses to justify why NOT to do this when it may have the most vital impact on him and the affair.

Look at the reasons for DOING it as suggested by those who are familiar with this entire ordeal.

Response can be:

Do you actually believe that rubbish? (Then shut up)

Does that excuse make sense to you?

***He admitted it during counseling last November. The problem with our marriage is that there has been a 3rd party involved on an affair with my Hubby. Are you just going to let him lie about it now that he's making stuff up?

Or, just tell them to use there own best judgment and see what feels like makes the most sense.

LTL

M
M

That is silly kook talk. You have proof that he is having an affair. He is a married man. You are married to him. That is all you need to say. I don't care if he says he is a baloney sandwich, in reality he is a married man who is having an affair. So, please don't waste valuable time posting wayward excuses for his affair.

No. You can add that this is his second affair. He had another recent affair with ____enter name___.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

Dear friends and family,

This is his second affair in the past few months. He admitted to another affair with a woman named Suzie SlutBomb last November.

Warmest regards,

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
He flies back at 4pm and is back in LA at 6/6:30

No, unfortunately I don't have a babysitter the kids can stay with. He'll arrive at 6:30 and bathes them and puts them to bed. He also pays for wifi on the phone so he can text if people start contacting him on the plane he might not want to come home? or come up and explode at me in front of the kids?

That will still work because they won't be able to talk on the phone while he is in flight. grin They will be limited to text and they won't be able to do [much] damage control.

He will come home FURIOUS so just expect it. Prepare yourself accordingly. Have you read my exposure thread?

Exposure 101

M
M
You can focus on blowing up the OW's world while he is on the plane and then sending the email to his family and friends right when he lands. That way skanky will be blowing up his phone with texts and then when he lands, he should start getting calls from his family and friends.

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I guess you are missing the sentence that I said I AM going to do this- just want to throw out any last minute concerns so I can be prepared for best timing. smile

Last concern. I don't have Brianna's phone number. I can get it off his phone (I thought he changed the passcode but he didn't last weekend. And I don't have the 1st OW's name- it should also still be in his phone.) The best time for me to get this is when he has his phone on the charger when he is bathing and putting the kids to bed....

I wonder if his current OW knows about the 1st OW and if it happened at the same time??!

And YES read the exposure thread... Will re-read when kiddos are in bed.

btw Lawyer said NOT to expose at work. And so did Steve... I really want to but I also want paycheck!

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
Last concern. I don't have Brianna's phone number. I can get it off his phone (I thought he changed the passcode but he didn't last weekend. And I don't have the 1st OW's name- it should also still be in his phone.) The best time for me to get this is when he has his phone on the charger when he is bathing and putting the kids to bed....

BUT, you won't have access to his phone since he is out of town, right?

btw Lawyer said NOT to expose at work. And so did Steve... I really want to but I also want paycheck!

The lawyer's goal is to get you divorced, he has no experience in saving marriages. We are trying to save your marriage.

And we showed you Marriage Builders position on workplace exposure. Dr. Harley's position is that you give him 30 days to leave his job and THEN expose if he won't leave. Your only hope is if he does leave the job. Did you see the quote I posted about Dr. Harley's position on workplace exposure?

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SFL

You will be sharing that "paycheck" with the OW if you don't kill this affair and save your marriage. And you won't do that if he keeps that job. I will post Dr Harley's words again:

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
From Dr Harley's book, Surviving an Affair - pg 71,

"While I unhesitatingly recommend exposing the affair to friends, family, clergy, children and the lover's spouse, I'm not so quick to suggest exposing it to an employer. That's because such exposure could have unintended legal and economic consequences. For example, the affair might constitute grounds for a sexual harassment claim by the unfaithful spouse's lover. Or it might trigger the outright firing of the spouse, making it far more difficult for them to find another job. So in those cases I usually advise the betrayed spouse to warn the unfaithful spouse he or she will expose the affair to the employer in a month if the unfaithful spouse is still working there, giving him or her time to make a graceful exit from the job to another. Even if a new job cannot be found in a month, I recommend waiting no longer to inform the employer, unless the unfaithful spouse has already resigned."

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
BUT, you won't have access to his phone since he is out of town, right?

The lawyer's goal is to get you divorced, he has no experience in saving marriages. We are trying to save your marriage.

And we showed you Marriage Builders position on workplace exposure. Dr. Harley's position is that you give him 30 days to leave his job and THEN expose if he won't leave. Your only hope is if he does leave the job. Did you see the quote I posted about Dr. Harley's position on workplace exposure?

- I am saying I will check his phone when he comes home thursday night. We are talking about a 3 day difference. or maybe 2 day because I will get the numbers then expose when he's here.

- I did read it but I also coached with his son who said completely not to expose to work under my circumstances. My WS works in a very niche market and everyone knows everyone. He gets this HR no-no reputation and he is SCREWED. You said I have a 50/50 chance. I really don't think I have that much- I think my Plan B will last a year or through this job ending (which will end in a year or so- in his industry they generally last 2-3 years). He'll either come crawling back then or we will get a divorce. But I will expose the heck to his and OW's friends and family!
- AND I just need to get my leases extended period. I won't feel secure otherwise.

I will follow the steps otherwise. And not with the only goal being to save my marriage but for me- will you still help me?

If so I'd greatly appreciate it. smile

That being said. I'd like to expose mid- weekend.

Last edited by SFL; 05/20/14 09:13 PM.

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Sunnytimes
SFL, I just wanted to chime in and give you encouragement to stay strong.

You CAN DO IT!!!! Stay strong.

Thank you Sunnytimes!

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
[

- I am saying I will check his phone when he comes home thursday night. We are talking about a 3 day difference. or maybe 2 day because I will get the numbers then expose when he's here.

That's ok because you don't need her phone # to expose. It is entirely unnecessary.

Waiting for a completely unnecessary phone # just ruins a completely well thought out plan. There is no reason to wait.

- I did read it but I also coached with his son who said completely not to expose to work under my circumstances. You said I have a 50/50 chance.

I would reduce that to a 0% chance if you won't offer him the 30 day ultimatum and then follow with an exposure. Your only chance of saving your marriage is if he leaves that job. You can't possibly imagine you can save your marriage while he still works with the OW and travels. That is the reason your marriage is headed to divorce.

I am certain you misunderstood Steve because that is not Marriage Builder's position. As you can see, Dr Harley's position is that you expose at work if he won't leave the job in 30 days. You don't have a marriage otherwise. Otherwise, you are likely to be fighting with an OW over his income.

Its real important that you think long term instead of short term. He has to leave that job if you want to have any hope at all.

Anyway, you can't skip that step. It is too important to the outcome of your marriage. You can't choose the career over the marriage. Doing so has just about destroyed your marriage. You can't afford more of the same.

And once again, you do not have the power to harm your husband's reputation. That is silly. If his reputation is ruined, it will be because of his reckless, unprofessional, irresponsible behavior on the job. Which will soon come out anyway. If his company is anything like mine [a Fortune 500 company], he will be frogmarched off the premises by an armed security guard when they find out. If you give him 30 days to get out, he might avoid all that and you will have a chance to save your marriage.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
[I will follow the steps otherwise. And not with the only goal being to save my marriage but for me- will you still help me?

Nope, I won't help you make yet more critical mistakes. Your thread is chock full of you wasting valuable time on "Plan SFL" making critical mistakes. You have wasted so much of your time and ours. Your best thinking has led you to this terrible place. And here you are thinking - once again - you know what is best.

Isn't it time to accept you don't know what you are doing and put aside your own ideas?

Protecting his job over your marriage almost ensures divorce. But more than that, the risk is great that he either loses that job anyway or you end up fighting with an OW over his income.

As long as you protect his career over your marriage, you protect his affair and ENSURE that you continue to deal with a fogged out, selfish wayward.

If you aren't strategic enough to see that, then I give this a ZERO chance of recovery. And when he divorces you, you will be competing for scraps.

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
That's ok because you don't need her phone # to expose. It is entirely unnecessary.

Waiting for a completely unnecessary phone # just ruins a completely well thought out plan. There is no reason to wait.

- I did read it but I also coached with his son who said completely not to expose to work under my circumstances. You said I have a 50/50 chance.

I would reduce that to a 0% chance if you won't offer him the 30 day ultimatum and then follow with an exposure. Your only chance of saving your marriage is if he leaves that job. You can't possibly imagine you can save your marriage while he still works with the OW and travels. That is the reason your marriage is headed to divorce.

I am certain you misunderstood Steve because that is not Marriage Builder's position. As you can see, Dr Harley's position is that you expose at work if he won't leave the job in 30 days. You don't have a marriage otherwise. Otherwise, you are likely to be fighting with an OW over his income.

Its real important that you think long term instead of short term. He has to leave that job if you want to have any hope at all.

Anyway, you can't skip that step. It is too important to the outcome of your marriage. You can't choose the career over the marriage. Doing so has just about destroyed your marriage. You can't afford more of the same.

And once again, you do not have the power to harm your husband's reputation. That is silly. If his reputation is ruined, it will be because of his reckless, unprofessional, irresponsible behavior on the job. Which will soon come out anyway. If his company is anything like mine [a Fortune 500 company], he will be frogmarched off the premises by an armed security guard when they find out. If you give him 30 days to get out, he might avoid all that and you will have a chance to save your marriage.

- 50/50 though means there's a 50% chance he'll go to divorce- if he goes to divorce he will be a %*$# and I might lose the place of residence and $$$ for me and my babies. frown I understand the threat part.. I will threaten the 30 days. Just don't know if I can go through with it...

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh my goodness I checked all relatives of the OW that I got from the background check and NONE are on facebook. frown frown frown

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
- 50/50 though means there's a 50% chance he'll go to divorce- if he goes to divorce he will be a %*$# and I might lose the place of residence and $$$ for me and my babies. frown I understand the threat part.. I will threaten the 30 days. Just don't know if I can go through with it...

There is about a 100% chance he will divorce you if he keeps that job. frown If he keeps the job he will continue to see his OW and continue to travel. And you will be fighting the OW for leftovers.

You have a 50/50 chance of saving your marriage with this plan. But if you don't follow it, I give it a 0% chance.

Exposure 101

Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation