Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 54 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 53 54
N
N
That's great! Remember this feeling when you get discouraged. Your empowerment will stick around more and more and more. So proud of you!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by rocksolid
Wow just read my whole thread from the start. I've even surprised myself at how far I've come. What a mess I was back then!

Back then everything was so raw and even though the advice I was getting was spot on it was like I wasn't really 'there' if you know what I mean. I was so caught up in my pain that I wasn't really listening. In fear. And now I read back on what everyone was writing it just makes so much sense now and having lots of A-HA moments.

So now I'm onto Week 4 of Plan B. When I first started Plan B every day seemed to last forever and I would cry all day and night. Nearly 4 weeks now I feel empowered and know 100 percent I am doing the right thing.

At first I did think i was doing Plan B for my H to come back to me. Of course I still want him to come home to me. But now I realise more importantly as everyone has pointed out to me, is that it is for ME. For me to heal. For me to become a stronger better person. To become the best mother I can be for my DS.

When I first started Plan B four weeks ago I never thought I could do this. It was hard there's no doubt about it. I nearly caved and called him and I fought with myself about it so many times. But I didn't cave. I was strong. And you know what? It's second nature to me now. I don't fight with myself to call him. I know my plan and I stick to it. I know that I will not cave. I'm doing it and surviving!

It's getting easier each day. I can't believe how fast this time has gone. At the start the days would go so slow and drag on. But I'm keeping busy and enjoying my time with my son and planning my trip.

It feels good to have a plan.

Thank you everyone here for being so super duper awesome and believing in me.

I still love WH with all my heart and pray for a chance for our marriage to recover. But as Susie says ' I don't have a deathgrip anymore'!

I'm going to make my life the best I can be and I won't be treated like a doormat anymore. It's my time to shine!!

Thank you everybody here you have all been my saviour!

Indie you're definately right the first three weeks were the hardest. I can feel myself going higher up the rollercoaster now.

I will be realistic though and know this may change and I may go low again, but for the time being I'm enjoying feeling strong and empowered.

hurray

You've come so far, RS!

Just a quick reminder to stay strong. As someone who has BTDT, you can get sucked back into the wayward's drama easily if you let your guard down.

Hugs!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S

Oh yes. And I also wanted to say, it just keeps getting better.

In the early weeks and months of Plan B, there was instant relief, but at, say, 1.5+ yrs, I could give a crap what WS and OW4 were doing, so long as they left me alone.

Keep it up! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks so much Neak and Susie. I do feel I have a come a long way. Thank goodness for everybody here or I'd still be in Plan C.

I will find it hard not to get sucked back into drama so I am going to be very mindful of that and try my best to stay strong and keep up the empowered feelings I've been having.

To do this I have to remain very dark and not let anybody tell me stuff about H and OW.

The only time I wish to hear about H is if he leaves OW and turns up on my doorstep with a promise of NC with OW and agreeing to my plan of recovery. I've endured so much pain these last two years he has been with her so it's all up to him now to prove himself by actions.

I guess time will tell if he is serious about recovering our marriage and family.

In the meantime I be the best ME I can be!

I will have to read your story Susie. You give so much great advice along with everyone here. I always learn so much from other's experiences. There's always something you can take away from it and learn by.

I do hope my empowerment stays. It kind of just crept up on me!

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
S
S
I will have to read your story Susie. You give so much great advice along with everyone here. I always learn so much from other's experiences. There's always something you can take away from it and learn by.

I don't really have a thread, except for the original one back in 2007. After I discovered affair 3 in 2011, ex WH posted here and he does have a thread which is very good read, lots of good advice and maybe a cautionary tale of how there will just be a FR if a WS is not truly on board and willing to give up IB and SSL. I can give you the link if you would want to read it...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
OP Offline
R
Sounds good Susie. Thanks in advance.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
Superstar!

I'd say you're over that really want-to-die bad part so now you know you can face anything else that comes.

It's not over by a long chalk but it's never as bad as that again. There were still points for me when it had been months and months, I was very happy and I still got a destructive itch to Google him or something - which would have set me back.

I think though, when you've had a taste of Plan B power you realise you can do it - do anything.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Indie

Yes thank goodness those first weeks are behind me. It was pure pain. It is getting easier but today I feel a bit down again.

Up and down up and down I go. I miss him.

When the sadness comes I am getting better at picking myself up again.

I finally finished reading your thread last night the whole 160 pages. What an inspiration you are and how far you've come!

Did you ever find out if softlad and OW broke up?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
Hmmm not really as I never sought out info.

There are still people who try to tell me things, so I imagine if they had got together in any open way, I would have heard at least a rumbling about it.

As you know, they denied any romantic attachment to other quite vigorously post-exposure. My feeling is the friendship cover failed miserably, so he took a job overseas to show people he wasn't seeing her.

They probably did continue to communicate and perhaps they do to this day. It makes sense that they do (never faced up to reality) and it also makes sense that they don't (no future, and the past covered by shame).

Given that I don't allow any kind of IM message these days (he is not my business) it is even possible that he reached full repentance.

But I honestly don't care which version of sad/crazy it ended up at.

S
S
Sounds good Susie. Thanks in advance.
Sure...
Here you go:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=163881&Number=2520079#Post2520079

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Hmmm not really as I never sought out info.

There are still people who try to tell me things, so I imagine if they had got together in any open way, I would have heard at least a rumbling about it.

As you know, they denied any romantic attachment to other quite vigorously post-exposure. My feeling is the friendship cover failed miserably, so he took a job overseas to show people he wasn't seeing her.

They probably did continue to communicate and perhaps they do to this day. It makes sense that they do (never faced up to reality) and it also makes sense that they don't (no future, and the past covered by shame).

Given that I don't allow any kind of IM message these days (he is not my business) it is even possible that he reached full repentance.

But I honestly don't care which version of sad/crazy it ended up at.

After I wrote that question to you I thought ' I bet Indie says she doesn't know because she never made it her business to know'. A true Plan B answer!

You're so strong it's amazing!

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
It really does take time. I have been there on the floor smile

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Susie I will read.

After my recent feelings of empowerment I cried a lot this morning. Let it all out. Kept thinking of H and how much I miss him and love him.

Picked myself up again this afternoon. My DS is a godsend. Having him is my reason to keep going. I haven't cried in front of him anymore which is good. I am being strong for him.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by rocksolid; 06/03/14 12:04 PM.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by indiegirl
It really does take time. I have been there on the floor smile

Me too. I hate hearing of others that have been in the same pain. But helps me in a way to know I'm not alone. And shows me that I can get up and will one day be okay.

I still feel so terrible for the pain I caused my H in the first place. How I wish I can make up for that one day too.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
I just read the thread Susie thanks for that. Yes so much good advice for a WS that was unfortunately ignored. I wish my H could read that advice too and have it somehow sink into him.

Hugs to you for all you've been through ((Susie))

Last edited by rocksolid; 06/03/14 01:08 PM.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
N
N
The person you're becoming RIGHT NOW is making up for the awful person you used to be. WH will either take the opportunity or not, but YES you are making up for it already!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Originally Posted by Neak
The person you're becoming RIGHT NOW is making up for the awful person you used to be. WH will either take the opportunity or not, but YES you are making up for it already!

There's a quote that goes something like this. "If you continue to make the mistake you can never learn from it. " By ending your affair you stopped the mistake and now your learning from it. I think that is called wisdom.

S
S
I just read the thread Susie thanks for that. Yes so much good advice for a WS that was unfortunately ignored. I wish my H could read that advice too and have it somehow sink into him.

Hugs to you for all you've been through ((Susie))

Thanks smile

Despite that nightmare, I'm doing great and it's all thanks Plan B, RS! Stick with it and soon enough you will care less about WH and wonder how you dealt with a wayturd for so long! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
I
I
Thanks Susie I will read.

After my recent feelings of empowerment I cried a lot this morning. Let it all out. Kept thinking of H and how much I miss him and love him.

Picked myself up again this afternoon. My DS is a godsend. Having him is my reason to keep going. I haven't cried in front of him anymore which is good. I am being strong for him.

Thanks everyone

I'm glad you picked yourself up. This all looks on track to me. After the first high, you do get a dip - which we told you to expect. Also, after each dip you get a high. The roller coaster levels out over time and because you are learning how to level yourself out, I predict you will do great.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Neak

Thanks Neak. I know I am becoming a better person. I just wish I had a chance to prove it to H's family. Hopefully that day will come one day.

I am currently reading Blue Castle. I'm loving it so far how Valancy is not afraid anymore. Think she might be my new fictional hero. I am loving seeing her emerge into this strong new woman. I'm up to the part where she marries Barney. I have laughed quite a lot so far especially the things she blurts out at the family dinner!

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
Page 24 of 54 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 53 54

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation