Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
OP Offline
L
Ok thanks

S
S
Originally Posted by lovemyfamily2000
Dear builders, just when I was about to pull the trigger and decided that I will no longer continue in this relationship why wife has agreed on work on our family. My decision came after last night she went off insulting me and saying that I am not the man of her life. That her lover was pissed and was going to sue me for invation of privacy and hat I have been a looser all this months trying to save something that was obviously not working. She pushed me, screamed and went crazy. She was excusing herself saying that she was not having sex with me at the same time she was with him. And that she told me several times she wants to be alone. She also said her lover told her I told him we were having sex. Basically I could tell her fury came from knowing ai destroyed her love affair.
She went really nuts and furious. My sun went upstairs and saw her faighing with me pulling my shirt and screaming at me. I can tell she acted like that because her lover broke up with her... I'm glad I've been reading how to survive an affair so I was expecting this and I am expecting a long period of withdrawal and depression from her. I convinced her to send he lover and nc letter and to give me her phone passcode. I am planning on installing the spyware on her phone cause I dont trully believe she will end communication 100%.
I also convinced her to expose her affair to her mother who lives with us that just got home from out of town.
I am planning on plan a her and expect up to 6 months of withdrawal and a bumpy road. I am extremely happy she decided o to all this but at the same time I am scared it will still not work out because I don't see her having what it takes and sacrificing and committing to work on her family.
Just wanted to give an update and hear any comments or sugestions.
Thanks all
She went from all that fury and physical violence to agreeing to save the marriage, all in the same night? How did she get from one state to the other?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
OP Offline
L
Not the same night but the next day afternoon...

L
OP Offline
L
Fight was last night then she cried during sleep time. Then today afternoon decided to work things out. But I'm not convinced. She didn't show much commitment. Is that normal?
I don't wanna act like I have the upper hand. I humbly accept I created the environment to make that affair happen.

J
J
Fight was last night then she cried during sleep time. Then today afternoon decided to work things out. But I'm not convinced. She didn't show much commitment. Is that normal?
I don't wanna act like I have the upper hand. I humbly accept I created the environment to make that affair happen.

No, sir. That was HER choice.

J
J

What she is doing is going back and forth between you and her lover. They probably had a fight and she feels sad and lonely and went back to you.
They will probably make up and she will vacillate between you and him.

Have you followed the suggestion I made and ordered the book Buyers Renters Freeloaders so you can understand the dynamics of your relationship?
I dont want to waste my time posting if you arent going to follow the suggestions

L
OP Offline
L
I am ordering the book tomorrow.
Her mom came back. She told her what happened and she said I am not man enough for telling my kid, that it was a huge mistake. She also told her that we should separate cause regardless cause the relationship is too damaged.
So they are moving out to another place maybe in a couple of weeks and I will have to go separate ways.
I regret so much not having installed spyware on her phone...
I just took her phone now and asked her to give me the passcode and of course she refused. I feel like taking it from her hands when is unlocked and taking it to install the spyware but I feel that will make a scene and drive her even further away.

J
J
I am ordering the book tomorrow.
Her mom came back. She told her what happened and she said I am not man enough for telling my kid, that it was a huge mistake. She also told her that we should separate cause regardless cause the relationship is too damaged.
So they are moving out to another place maybe in a couple of weeks and I will have to go separate ways.
I regret so much not having installed spyware on her phone...
I just took her phone now and asked her to give me the passcode and of course she refused. I feel like taking it from her hands when is unlocked and taking it to install the spyware but I feel that will make a scene and drive her even further away.

Of course, she doesnt want you to read the messages from her lover or interfer with her independent lifestyle.
She views this relationship from a renter perspective.

Your best hope, as others have mentioned, is to "plan A" her and try to win her over.
Your first step is to read that book

J
J
You keep her calling her your wife. She is no more your wife than Beyonce is my wife. You are divorced and she is committed to another man.

The best you can do is write her a letter letting her know that she is the love of your life and that you promise to give her a life of happiness and romantic love if she decides to end her relationship with her boyfriend. (Notice I didn't say affair partner. He's not an affair partner because she is not married to anyone. She is single. A free agent. And even when you were married, both of you behaved as singles practically. That is why Jedi wants you to read the book.) You should also mention in the letter that rebuilding your relationship would be best since your family will be whole.

Should she decide to leave her new boyfriend and start dating you again, you could then introduce her to Marriage Builders ideas and start from there. At that point, I would strongly recommend counseling with the Harley's.

Until then, you can't bust up her affair...because it's not an affair. And if you can't bust up the affair, you can't get her back.

L
OP Offline
L
But she says regardless of her boyfriend she believes is best to move away because our relationship is a mess..

L
OP Offline
L
But I feel it will be over. I will plan a her correctly this few weeks we have left together before she moves out.
Any other suggestions ??

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation