Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
R
OP Offline
R
Should I give him the cars just to keep the peace, together they are only worth about $2000 until they are restored.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(18, 20, 24, 26, 29, 39, 42)
2 Children for my husband
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
A few other things. He said he could not understand me not wanting to see him. He said that he would be happy to see me. I said I would be happy to see him too but it would be too painful watching him leave again. He said when I was a truckdriver, I would spend a few days with you and we were very happy but then I would have to leave but you still wanted me to come back. Now you say that you do not want to see me. But I would be the one getting hurt, not him.

I would love to see him, be wrapped up in his arms, and have some amazing love making...but I don't trust my emotions right now.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
He also said that I got upset because he left me one time but that he got upset when I left everyday. I told him I had to go to work in order to pay the bills. He said it still hurt everyday when I walked out the door.

btw... I leave for work at 6:25am and he would sleep until 11 or 12, then I was home at 3:30.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
He used to tell me that the only reason that I sat with him in the den in the evenings was so I could smoke...so I quit smoking.

Then I noticed that I was spending too much time playing Bubble Witch game on my laptop while sitting next to him and him playing video games...so, I quit.

I would sit next to him for hours with very little interaction because he did not like being bothered when he was playing his game.

Now he tells me that he is bored with his games.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
I never ever in my wildest nightmares thought our relationship would end like this. He was my knight in shining armor when we first met. So handsome, gentle, loving...I can't help but feel that it is my fault that he has changed so much.

I have went days without crying and here I go again.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
G
G
Your fogging up. Your giving him too much information and he's gaslighting you with it. Go get your cars. Stop avoiding.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
A
A
Originally Posted by graceful2b
Your fogging up. Your giving him too much information and he's gaslighting you with it. Go get your cars. Stop avoiding.

Yes, you see what talking to him does to you. He is an experienced freeloader who manipulates by anger and gaslighting. There is no way you should let this man back into your life. He will make you miserable.

Can one of your sons help you get the cars? If the owner attempts to stop you, call the police, show them the titles/registrations and have them go with you to retrieve the cars.
Do they run or will they have to be towed?

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
A
A
Originally Posted by redheadedlady
He was my knight in shining armor when we first met. So handsome, gentle, loving...I can't help but feel that it is my fault that he has changed so much.

He didn't actually change. You didn't change him. This is how he really acts, pretending until he gets what he wants, as Melody said, a place to flop, play his games and have someone feed and clothe him and have sex with him. He is a freeloader!

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
L
L
Originally Posted by armymama
He was my knight in shining armor when we first met. So handsome, gentle, loving...I can't help but feel that it is my fault that he has changed so much.

He didn't actually change. You didn't change him. This is how he really acts, pretending until he gets what he wants, as Melody said, a place to flop, play his games and have someone feed and clothe him and have sex with him. He is a freeloader!

AM

He should write a book on being an expert freeloader and how to be skillfully gaslight but that would take to much work.

Unless the shop has a repair order that you have signed by you, stating that you will be charged a storage fee he can not get a mechanic lean on your cars, and a mechanic lean does not stop you from taking possession of you cars. I would get the police involved today before his friend hides the cars.

Me 40M
Wife 43F
3 kids 9M, 5M, 1F

Together 15 yrs, Married 10 yrs, live together most of our dating life. Did not live together our year of our engagement. Working hard to fall more in love with my wife.
L
L
Telling him that because you are not in a better place with him is why you did not move to TX is not true. If you were in a better place you guys wouldn't be moving to TX right away because moving to TX right now doesn't consider both of your needs. If you guys were in a better place both of your needs would be equally considered.

It's amazing how he is calling your behavior independent and he doesn't see his as independent. I guess he feels that his job is to make all the decisions and your job is to follow all his decisions. If you would like to blame yourself, you should blame yourself for letting him believe that is ok.

It's ok for him to make all the decisions as long as all the decisions he make are with your enthusiastic agreement. Even God doesn't lead us without our enthusiastic agreement, how could he think that he has any more rights then God.

By the way have you been listening to the MB Radio show on a daily bases?

Me 40M
Wife 43F
3 kids 9M, 5M, 1F

Together 15 yrs, Married 10 yrs, live together most of our dating life. Did not live together our year of our engagement. Working hard to fall more in love with my wife.
R
OP Offline
R
armymama- I have called the police this morning and they say it is a civil matter, I also called the place where the cars are at. Unfortunately, the owner is out for today but will be there tomorrow. I know the employee that I was speaking to though, I explained to him what was going on. He told me that if I have the title that they belong to me and if owner approves, they will help me load them on a trailer. They have to be trailered because they are restoration projects.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
"I guess he feels that his job is to make all the decisions and your job is to follow all his decisions."

That is exactly what he thinks. He thinks that if I let him take charge of our relationship that I would be much happier. I was happy when he was in charge at one time but he treated me much better.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
G
G
Good for you! Get the cars back! ASAP.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
R
OP Offline
R
He said that everytime he tries to change something about himself to suit me that I try to make him miserable or that it is never enough.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
G
G
Remember this as his theme song:

"Papa was a rolling stone, my son.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
(And when he died) All he left us was alone."

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

G
G
He said that everytime he tries to change something about himself to suit me that I try to make him miserable or that it is never enough.

This is a gaslighter quote you know.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

E
E

Ouch!!!!

I think it is time for you to get your plan B in place and stop talking to him.
Get you IM (intermediary)
Send him a plan b letter ( which outlines how to get you back)
Make sure there are no ways he can see or speak to you until he fulfills your letter.
Do you know how to plan B?

At this point, continued contact is confusing you and hurting you greatly.

If he really wants you- he won't let plan b stop him- he will do whatever it takes to win you back.

Please do it now for your own health!
Hugs hug

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino
I
I

You asked him for teeny tiny conditions. Proof he will keep his temper, basic manners and personal hygiene. The sort of things you require from a waiter who is going to be in your life for ten minutes.

A husband has to be willing to show EXTRAORDINARY care. Dealing with whatever problems may occur to you on a daily basis. Not just these very basic requirments. This guy won't even pick up a bar of soap.

(Except he must have during the golden courtship lets-trick-her period right? He CAN look after himself and you - he just chooses not to. He chooses to act like you aren't worth it.)

The vets response was that he would agree to basic frequirements so as to keep his flop-pad. However this guy is SO lazy and uncaring that he won't even meet these very, very basic rules of humanhood. Your requirements should have actually been much higher. You most certainly should not have been calling him love and babe and trying to persuade your case while he was being so vile. That will only encourage him to gaslight harder.

I'd stop communicating with him. He is making it very clear that unless he can bully and gaslight you back in to accepting a freeloader he isn't interested in being anything else to you.

You didn't change him. He didn't change at all. He did this to his daughter's mother long before you were around.

He can't be changed.

He said that he had intended on coming back for an indefinite period because he missed me..

That is the most insulting thing I have ever heard said to a wife on these forums. Are you willing to have a drifter come by your home for freeloading for INDEFINITE periods???!!!!

You're much stronger when you don't speak to him. In your shoes I would put into place no contact, change your email and phone number and put an IM in place. Send him a letter with your requirements for being married to him. He can tell the IM when he is ready to implement them. However I predict you won't hear from im again.

Someone in your shoes should keep him out of the house for a long time while he demonstrates change and that's too much work for a drifter.

I tell you to get an IM because his talks with you are so abusive and take such a toll. You were feeling much better before he started these verbal attacks, weren't you?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

R
OP Offline
R
He actually brought his daughter's mother up last night. He said maybe I will remember what he told me about her. He said everyday he would get up for work and she would start in on him...arguing, criticizing, complaining about not having enough money for bills. Then she would be content the rest of the day while he carried the arguments around in his mind all day.

He said that is why he left...that he got tired of her bullchit. He said that we had been having some great conversations but I wiped that all out by threatening to keep his stuff (my cars). He said that I see the negative in everything.

He said that when he started calling me more frequently in the last few days that instead of understanding that he misses me...he said I put a negative spin on it by assuming that he was doing it to charm me because he was getting closer to coming back.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
M
M
He actually brought his daughter's mother up last night. He said maybe I will remember what he told me about her. He said everyday he would get up for work and she would start in on him...arguing, criticizing, complaining about not having enough money for bills.

AND HE NEVER DID JACK ABOUT IT.

See what a great husband he was in his first marriage? That's a clue as to why it failed.

Then she would be content the rest of the day

I doubt she was really content, or the issues would not have kept coming up.

He said that is why he left...that he got tired of her bullchit.

It wasn't bs, though. Complaints in marriage are very important and should be taken very seriously, welcomed, and acted upon. Joyce Harley complains frequently to Dr. Harley. My wife complains frequently to me. The complaints should be made without demands, disrespectful judgments, or angry outbursts - but they must be made!

The big problem is that he didn't want to lift a finger to do anything about her complaints. People get married to make each other happy - he didn't want to do that.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation