Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
A
A
RHLady,

I just listened to the radio show. You did a good job telling your story. Have you had the chance to listen to the show this afternoon?

Dr. and Mrs Harley made plenty of sense to me. Are you going to follow though with their recommendations? Will your sister be helping you?

Please remember that in addition to your family that we are here for you.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
B
B
Please read this and heed Dr. Harley's advice.

How to Plan B Correctly

Except you won't be writing him a Plan B Letter.

What did you think of their advice?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
I did listen to the show, one of my sons has already listened to it, and my sister is listening tonight. I will follow through but it is not going to be easy for me. He really is like an addiction to me...and I hate that about myself.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(18, 20, 24, 26, 29, 39, 42)
2 Children for my husband
(30, 34)
M
M
Originally Posted by redheadedlady
He really is like an addiction to me...and I hate that about myself.
Why? None of us are any different. Everybody is addicted to whomever they are in love with. The problem is not you, it is him.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
M
M
I did listen to the show, one of my sons has already listened to it, and my sister is listening tonight. I will follow through but it is not going to be easy for me. He really is like an addiction to me...and I hate that about myself.

Just think of it like quitting smoking. At first it is holy hell but you miss it less and less every day. After a couple of months you feel better than you have in AGES. That is what will happen to you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
I thought I was on my way...I felt more in control of my life when I changed the locks, packed his stuff, spending time with my family...then I started missing him again. I feel foolish, especially at my age. I sure did not expect to be going through something like this at 56.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
A
A
Don't feel badly about yourself. You have many positives in your life. You are a loving, caring person. As Mr Eureka said, the problem is your husband, not you. And as Mel said, you will feel better.

What was your son's reaction?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
C
C
56? ... Many, MANY great times ahead for you, RHLady!

We all see your underlying strength. You have it in you to build a much better life for yourself. And it will not be one dependent on a dangerous louse like your husband is.

One foot in front of the other RHL... You can do this....

Do not worry about how you will feel next hour, tomorrow. Just follow the plan.

You have excellent support in your family, and your MB family.

You can do this.

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
I
I

But it isn't permanent - the first few weeks of No Contact will suck and then it will just get better and better. Red, we have ALL gone through this. At one stage when I first went NC with my H I thought I would have to tie myself to a chair to prevent myself from calling him. I was in pieces crying. I was absolutely on the floor, not caring about the logic, just wanting to hear his voice. That was AFTER he'd had an A with one of my best friends! I never thought that would be me. Now I don't even give him a second thought.

Every human being is addicted once they have built a love bank for another. Your H may have built one under false pretences, but to your neural system, until you have gone through withdrawal, it is just as real as if he was really the great guy he pretended be. No one, of any age, is above feeling the pain of a lovebank withdrawal.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

A
A
RHLady,

Are you there? Doing ok today?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
B
B
Here is your show.
Radio Clip of redheadedlady

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
I am away for the weekend registering my son for college. I will have limited computer time.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
It has been one long exhausting weekend. I love the college my son picked but I will still worry about him when he leaves in the fall.

We had a good time this weekend...even when we got a little lost a couple of times. He wanted to eat at a particular restaurant and we drove all over creation before we found it. We are both tired though.

I am currently trying to work up enough energy to go to my niece's graduation party.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
I
I

Is energy a problem? How is eating and sleeping?

R
OP Offline
R
Still having some issues with appetite and sleeping. I went to a domestic abuse counseling group today.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
A
A
RHLady,

Did you make it to the graduation party?

I can't recall. Are you taking anti-depressants? They can be a great help during the upheaval of these changes.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
R
OP Offline
R
I did not attend the graduation party. My son and I had been out of town at his college orientation and it took us 4 hours to get home, that is why I was tired.

I am on ADs.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
A
A
RHLady,

Are you seeing/talking to your husband? Is that why you have been absent from the forum?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
R
OP Offline
R
Yes I am still talking to him and it is part of the reason that I have been absent. I have started domestic abuse counseling through a local shelter and they are helping me.

The major reason that I have been absent is that I have a crisis in my family I am trying to deal with...actually two.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
I
I
I have started domestic abuse counseling through a local shelter and they are helping me.

Sorry but no one is buying that. It's no good an alcoholic continuing to drink just so long as they go to an odd meeting. The shelter will want to help you, but they can't if you won't help yourself.

You have to treat your love for him as an addiction. Block out contact because you can't handle it. You will experience some weeks of great pain in withdrawal - but at least you will start to feel better soon. The current contact means every time you are in contact with him you feel less energy, less hope, less life. You're turning into a shadow.

I am on ADs.

Again, they can't help you if you won't help yourself. It's no good taking pain medicine while volunteering for more pain.

You've decided to be a victim, which is your choice but my heart is frozen with pity for your children who have already lost their father.

Now they have front row seats to watch you get worn down by a dangerous and abusive man. It's only a matter of time before he has access to you physically and he isn't safe.

I am extremely worried about you and I don't know you. If I loved you I would be distracted.

The major reason that I have been absent is that I have a crisis in my family I am trying to deal with...actually two.

Then you and your family don't have time for the walking-train-wreck-meets-a-greek-tragedy that is your H. Actually I preferred Dr H's description of him: "Monster".

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/01/14 02:25 AM.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation