Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2809567 07/02/14 06:55 PM
B
B
How are things? Are you working?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2811046 07/17/14 08:32 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Hi BH,
Things are going well. Not working yet but hopefully soon!
How are things with you?

B
B
Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
Hi BH,
Things are going well. Not working yet but hopefully soon!
How are things with you?
I'm good thanks.

How are you and FTF doing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2811515 07/21/14 07:32 PM
F
OP Offline
F
We are struggling with the SF lesson. Having trouble with the willingness and arousal stages. We have done most of the other lessons, though, and they have all gone well. Even though I do some independent behaviors sometimes I haven't noticed any love busters on his part.

B
B
We are struggling with the SF lesson. Having trouble with the willingness and arousal stages. We have done most of the other lessons, though, and they have all gone well. Even though I do some independent behaviors sometimes I haven't noticed any love busters on his part.
What IBs are you committing? Are you catching them or is he telling you?

How is your LB balance? Is he filling it up?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
You probably already know this, but reactions are much harder to change than behaviors. You are having problems with your reactions right now. You can not easily force a change, but you can work on improving those behaviors that support the reaction. Specifically, you can help FTF to identify those things in you that make the biggest love bank deposits. You can actively participate in building an environment that will make it possible for you to fall in love with FTF. You can help in developing UA activities that are especially enjoyable to you. Seeking SF is the natural reaction to being in love. You can do a lot to allow your love bank to fill. The rest will follow on its own.

I suspect you may be thinking that your personal experience suggests that affair sex was so enjoyable that nothing FTF can do can compare. Well, although it may be enjoyable, it is SF without the fulfillment. That is why affairs are so deceiving. They mimic the reactions of something real, but ultimately fall apart because they are built on fantasy.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
BrainHurts #2811618 07/22/14 12:57 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I told our son's friend he could come over without asking FTF first. He was asleep since it was so early in the am. I knew I was doing it but I did it anyway.

I'm not sure about the LB balance. How do you tell?

M
M

How is he feeling about the marriage? I see you guys have been at this for a very long time. Most betrayed spouses would have thrown in the towel by now and filed for divorce. How much longer do you think he will hang in there before giving up?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2811627 07/22/14 01:33 PM
P
P
I told our son's friend he could come over without asking FTF first. He was asleep since it was so early in the am. I knew I was doing it but I did it anyway.
What is your plan to do away with the independent behavior?
How is your UA? Are you enjoying it? How many hours are you getting? Doing what?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2811629 07/22/14 01:36 PM
P
P
Are you on antidepressants? I can't remember ....

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2811651 07/22/14 02:45 PM
F
OP Offline
F
He said last night that he could no longer live in a sexless marriage

P
P
Your reaction to that?
Are you willing to meet his emotional needs?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2811655 07/22/14 03:04 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Prisca
What is your plan to do away with the independent behavior?
How is your UA? Are you enjoying it? How many hours are you getting? Doing what?

Please answer this.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
He said last night that he could no longer live in a sexless marriage

FC, have you discussed this with Dr. Harley, and/or your coach?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
fc, what could your husband do for you to make you happy in your marriage? I don't get the feeling that you are happy in your marriage and I wonder what is missing for you. MB is all about identifying such issues and working on them.

I don't mean things like letting you work outside the home, which would in fact take you away from the marriage, and which is nothing to do with the way he behaves towards you. I mean in his daily interactions with you. What needs is he not meeting as well as you'd like, or what love busters is he committing?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
We are struggling with the SF lesson. Having trouble with the willingness and arousal stages.

For the moment, let's forget about the arousal problem.

Do you care for your husband? Do you understand that this is a vital way of showing your care for him?
Do you believe that it is important that you meet the SF need for your husband?
Are you willing to meet it, but are uncomfortable or unable to do so? Or do you hope the problem just goes away? I'd like to know your honest reactions to these questions.

As for arousal, what are you doing to work on this problem?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2811816 07/23/14 05:07 PM
P
P
Don't disappear when people start asking questions, FC. You need to discuss this.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2811832 07/23/14 09:00 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by Prisca
Don't disappear when people start asking questions, FC. You need to discuss this.
Yes, I agree? We want to help.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

SugarCane #2814421 08/12/14 10:06 AM
M
M
How about getting back here and talking to us, FC? We are here to help you but we are not going to beat around the bush like your husband does.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation