Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 54 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 53 54
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Jedi. I decided to email Dr Harley again. I feel a bit better in doing so.

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Originally Posted by rocksolid
Thanks for that Indie. I don't see him as a hopeless case yet. How long does it take to heal do you think?

I'd say six months in you are doing pretty good, head above water. A year - mostly fabulous. Year and a bit you are only having the occasional bad day. Two years pretty amazing and well nigh healed. This is a bit longer than my timescale but I think I was faster than most - having no kids precludes a lot of light.

Can you see yourself marrying your BF one day?

Totally. He's lovely smile

I just want to get to that stage of being okay so badly. I finally made an appointment to see a lawyer this Friday. I'm going to give them the financial papers that my WH gave me and get some advice on how to proceed.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Thanks for that Indie. I don't see him as a hopeless case yet. How long does it take to heal do you think?

I'd say six months in you are doing pretty good, head above water. A year - mostly fabulous. Year and a bit you are only having the occasional bad day. Two years pretty amazing and well nigh healed. This is a bit longer than my timescale but I think I was faster than most - having no kids precludes a lot of light.

Can you see yourself marrying your BF one day?

Totally. He's lovely smile

I just want to get to that stage of being okay so badly. I finally made an appointment to see a lawyer this Friday. I'm going to give them the financial papers that my WH gave me and get some advice on how to proceed.

Good girl! I won't lie to you - that is a bad day. It's hard to do but it's better to get this stuff out of the way early to allow healing later. See a few lawyers and interview them before choosing one. So many are lazy and uncaring.

I know you want to get to that healed point fast, but be patient. A broken leg wouldn't heal overnight and this is so much worse. So much worse and yet it WILL heal if you let it over time.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Remind me what the financial papers are and why you are bringing them?

R
OP Offline
R
I know how hard this will be but I'm in the thinking of you to get this out of the way.

The financial papers are the financial settlement. He has offered me an amount of money and I want to get the lawyers advise on what I am entitled too. My WH doesn't have a lawyer and he just printed them off the internet and filled in details.

I need to get this done now seeing as he now gone off and bought a house with OW.

I've dragged this out for so long now as I just don't want to deal with it.

I haven't met the lawyer yet but she comes highly recommended by my IM who is using her as well.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
D
D
I know how hard this will be but I'm in the thinking of you to get this out of the way.

The financial papers are the financial settlement. He has offered me an amount of money and I want to get the lawyers advise on what I am entitled too. My WH doesn't have a lawyer and he just printed them off the internet and filled in details.

I need to get this done now seeing as he now gone off and bought a house with OW.

I haven't met the lawyer yet but she comes highly recommended by my IM who is using her as well.

That is the rihgt route. As you have children involved and I may be wrong but isn't your husband the breadwinner. Too many times on this site you hear about WH spending absurd amounts of money on their skank and neglecting the children financially. Since he is being lazy and expect you to bow to his will by not having a lawyer of his own, sneak attack and go on the offensive and protect your children from his dangerous actions. Also, being he is buying or bought a house ask the lawyer if you will be liable if foreclosure happens. If the lawyer you go see doesn't say what you want to hear or is lazy go see another. I suggest you consult with at least three lawyers and pick the best one for the job.

N
N
Good for you! You're no longer letting yourself be swept along at someone else's mercy. You're taking charge even of the less pleasant aspects of your life. Doing so will give you a measure of control, which will bring a surprising peace.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
Okay I guess I have nothing to lose. I've written a letter and will email him.

Could you please listen out if my letter gets read on the show? I know I won't be able to talk on the show because of the time difference.

Of course, and it's on my list.

Did they get back to you as to when it will be on?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by TranquilDark

That is the rihgt route. As you have children involved and I may be wrong but isn't your husband the breadwinner. Too many times on this site you hear about WH spending absurd amounts of money on their skank and neglecting the children financially. Since he is being lazy and expect you to bow to his will by not having a lawyer of his own, sneak attack and go on the offensive and protect your children from his dangerous actions. Also, being he is buying or bought a house ask the lawyer if you will be liable if foreclosure happens. If the lawyer you go see doesn't say what you want to hear or is lazy go see another. I suggest you consult with at least three lawyers and pick the best one for the job.

Hi tranquil

I see your point in consulting with 3 lawyers. If I could afford this I would. It cost me 300 dollars alone today just for the consultation which I had to scrape together. Lucky for me the lawyer seemed very good and made me feel comfortable. She is confident I will get a fair deal.

I got served with divorce papers the other day. A court date has been set and I am going to be divorced soon. I know WH has been pushed to do it because I know this is not something he would do off his own back. I am so sad and upset. My lawyer said I can drag it out a bit but it won't be long and I won't be able to stop it. I Didn't Want This To Happen when I haven't healed. I'm so upset.

I still believe deep down WH and OW will not last the distance but who knows how long it will be.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Neak
Good for you! You're no longer letting yourself be swept along at someone else's mercy. You're taking charge even of the less pleasant aspects of your life. Doing so will give you a measure of control, which will bring a surprising peace.

Hi Neak, Through all this sadness I do feel a little more in control. I felt so relieved after going to my lawyer today. I didn't want to have to do any of this but it was my WH who wanted this done so I have to do it for me and my son.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Could you please listen out if my letter gets read on the show? I know I won't be able to talk on the show because of the time difference.

No I haven't heard anything back BrainHurts. It's been a few days. Should I wait a bit longer or re-send?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

No I haven't heard anything back BrainHurts. It's been a few days. Should I wait a bit longer or re-send?
They had replays on the radio show most of the week and so I think they may have been away.

Although, I would send it again.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
I've just resent the email.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Does it seem they are still on holidays Brainhurts? I still haven't heard back after 2 emails.

Nothing much to report. My DS had his birthday yesterday so I made him a beautiful cake and spoilt him. We had a great night. He is my strength. I am so happy with what a kind thoughtful boy he is. I got some beautiful photos of his eyes all lit up with his presents.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
D
D
Your question was answered on Mondays show.

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you so much Tranquil. Do you remember what was said or if there is a link up yet?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
Thank you so much Tranquil. Do you remember what was said or if there is a link up yet?
It's on my list as soon as they load them in the archives.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for looking out for my question BrainHurts. I thought it was odd that they never replied and told me when it was going to be on.

Still feeling quite emotional with the impending divorce. I never wanted this. It seems so final and I don't want it to be.

I would have preferred to be healed so I could deal with this better.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
Divorces can take ages. By the month it's time to be finalised it's likely it will either be off the table or you will want it in a desperate hurry. The start of the process is pretty woeful though when you aren't ready.

Your son's birthday sounds great!

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Indie I did have a great birthday with my son. I went out with some girlfriends tonight for dinner and dancing. It was okay but unfortunately I just felt very sad looking at all the couples and I didn't dance at all. It felt so good to be home in my bed.

Unfortunately the court has set a date for our divorce and it is in 4 weeks time. Apparently my WH filed a couple of months ago and was pressured to do it and I didn't know about it.

So it will go through quickly and I don't want it at all. It doesn't take much to get a divorce here and I can't drag it out.

The crazy thing is that even though he has bought a house with her and divorcing me, I know he still loves me. What he's done hasn't shown this but when I saw him ages ago I could see it in his eyes. I just knew.

I guess the fog makes you do crazy things right.

I just can't see him being with her forever.

I need to find something else to concentrate on. This pain is still so unbearable.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
Page 38 of 54 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 53 54

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation