Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 43 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 42 43
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I struggle with giving people books but I'm always tempted. On the one hand it's nice on the other it's preachy when people aren't keen. I think if he's really a bit worried and was seeking advice then it is a very nice gift.

I agree. Most unsolicited advice is self-serving so I am also very hesitant to distribute literature.

P
P
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I struggle with giving people books but I'm always tempted. On the one hand it's nice on the other it's preachy when people aren't keen. I think if he's really a bit worried and was seeking advice then it is a very nice gift.

I agree. Most unsolicited advice is self-serving so I am also very hesitant to distribute literature.

When there is a special event such as a pregnancy/birth or a wedding we don't hesitate to give a marriage builders book. Gifts at these times are at the very least easily accepted without the "preachy" feeling that can occur at other times. Giving a book to new parents about parenting and marriage, or a book to newlyweds on marriages, is a great idea.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B

If it's unsolicited advice then it's better not to send him anything.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
OP Offline
J
Question: While doing laundry today, I found a pair of DD10 underwear with a maxi-pad on it.

I don't think she has started her period yet and I was surprised to find it.

I havent said anything to her...What would be the best way to approach this?

T
T
Question: While doing laundry today, I found a pair of DD10 underwear with a maxi-pad on it.

Does she have a favorite aunt?

N
N
Some kids are starting as young as 9 nowadays, so it would be great to have a short talk with her, that as her body is changing she may need pads. I gave my DD13 another package of pads to bring to her father's house, but it's a simple thing to find the kids' ones at the grocery store, and then tell her where to find it under the bathroom sink. At those ages one package can last a year, but let her know to tell you when she runs low. And because laundry day is not when you want to find this stuff blush let her know to wrap it really well with toilet paper and put it in the bathroom garbage.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by TheRoad

Does she have a favorite aunt?

No, she is not close with any relatives. I was hoping SIL would try to be close to her but she really hasn't

R
R
I would just ask her
"DD, have you started menstruating yet?"

If she seems embarassed or not, let her know you found a maxi pad and were curious about it. Tell her you are there for her as she is growing up.

Open communication should pertain to this, as other things in life.

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by reading
I would just ask her
"DD, have you started menstruating yet?"

If she seems embarassed or not, let her know you found a maxi pad and were curious about it. Tell her you are there for her as she is growing up.

Open communication should pertain to this, as other things in life.

I spoke with her tonight.
She told me that she has not started her period and did not use the pad.
She said DD7 used the pad; she said that while they were last at ww apartment for overnight weekend, ww did not have any underwear for DD7 to wear and gave her a pad and had her use that on the underwear she wore there...

DD10 did tell me that she has started to grow breasts

N
N
Whew, crisis averted!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
J
OP Offline
J
I ran a 5k last weekend and was 5th place, and ran a 15k last night and was 3rd place in my age group (30-39 male)!

R
R
Awesome!

R
R
Great news on the run. When is your next one?

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by rocksolid
Great news on the run. When is your next one?

In a couple weeks, when my kids are next with their mom for the weekend.
I plan on running a 5k race Friday evening, and another 5k race Saturday morning

R
R
Wow that is amazing!

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
J
OP Offline
J
I have a question about internet safety for children.
My ex wife created a Google Plus page for our 3 children and has posted dozens of pictures of events that they participate in.

I don't like their pictures online because strangers don't need to see them. I mail pictures to relatives and friends.

Any thoughts on this?

M
M
Most people I know restrict how much of their children are posted on the internet to some extent. Unfortunately in a divorced situation there's not a lot of control over what the ex-spouse does. frown

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
C
C
Do they have the passwords? Would they be able to go into it to restrict the world from seeing these pictures to just friends and family?

personal recovery
N
N
Jedi, that would be tough to address with no contact. Do you have anyone that serves in an IM type role that could reason through this with her, like maybe your parents or something? I'm not in NC, but my mom is really great about talking though concerns about her grandbabies with my ex. He is much more open to her input than he is to mine.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by NewEveryDay
Jedi, that would be tough to address with no contact. Do you have anyone that serves in an IM type role that could reason through this with her, like maybe your parents or something? I'm not in NC, but my mom is really great about talking though concerns about her grandbabies with my ex. He is much more open to her input than he is to mine.

I don't think she is receptive to reason; she lives in the fog

Page 37 of 43 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 614 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation