Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
J
J
Kids like going to those festivals.
They used to have festivals all over, every little town did but lately its getting harder and harder to find these small festivals and parades
That's good you had a nice weekend.

A
A
Lady,

Thanks for posting about your nice weekend. It really made me smile.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
R
OP Offline
R
I m surrounded by several small towns Jedi. I am a natural born city girl and when I moved to the country 20 years ago I missed the conveniences of the city but my kids loved being out here. I have grown to love it as well.

There are so many festivals and small town parades in the area. I remember being surprised at the first parade I went to when they were tossing candy to the kids along the parade route.

I was even more surprised when people were waving at me when we passed each other driving down the road. I thought they knew me...now I know they were just being friendly.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(18, 20, 24, 26, 29, 39, 42)
2 Children for my husband
(30, 34)
R
OP Offline
R
I am happy to put a smile on your face armymama. You have been so encouraging to me when I am having those sad days. I love when you check on me, it makes me feel like somebody cares about me when I am feeling lost and alone.

Thank you.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(18, 20, 24, 26, 29, 39, 42)
2 Children for my husband
(30, 34)
I
I
Originally Posted by redheadedlady
I went to church yesterday (my friend and I are church shopping) and the people there were wonderful. The sermon was ok but the songs were fantastic. Every once in awhile, a song will move me to tears...I don't even remember what the song was but I was singing at the top of my lungs and raising my eyes to the heavens...I felt like God was standing right next to me.

I actually had a wonderful weekend. I spent time with my two youngest grandsons and I can't help but feel happy when the youngest one turns that toothless little grin on me. I also either saw or spoke to all of my children this weekend.

I took my 2 year old grandson to a local festival, gave him a dollar and watched him pay for his very own yo-yo balloon. He loves that toy.

All in all, it was a great weekend.

Little people are amazing at switching your focus to what really matters...

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
I am happy to put a smile on your face armymama. You have been so encouraging to me when I am having those sad days. I love when you check on me, it makes me feel like somebody cares about me when I am feeling lost and alone.

Thank you.

We are truly rooting for you. You are one of life's survivors and your success story is going to be quite the legend. I just know it!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
J
I m surrounded by several small towns Jedi. I am a natural born city girl and when I moved to the country 20 years ago I missed the conveniences of the city but my kids loved being out here. I have grown to love it as well.

There are so many festivals and small town parades in the area. I remember being surprised at the first parade I went to when they were tossing candy to the kids along the parade route.

I was even more surprised when people were waving at me when we passed each other driving down the road. I thought they knew me...now I know they were just being friendly.

All those small towns used to always have Veterans Day and Memorial Day parades too.
Some of them lost a lot of young men in the wars.
They taught children respect for the national Holidays.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation