Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks LW - I've been listening to the radio show for a little while now. I have a long commute so it's a good time for me to tune in. We haven't filled out the analysis yet. I'm going to look through the workbook today and sit with hubby to figure out our schedule.

For me the biggest issue is love busters. I think it's the same for him, and maybe unmet needs, specifically Recreational Companionship.

X3954 - don't give up hope. I first brought MB to hubby's attention in 2010. Life is tough and gets in the way. After a recent blow up, I literally begged him to do the program with me. But we'd also been talking about how things weren't going to work out if we continued down the same path. Start with conversation first and then listen to each other's suggestions. I don't know much about your situation but so far this is how mine has played out until we agreed to MB.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35
Together 14 years, married 12
Two "furry children" (one cat & one dog)

MB has changed me and changed my life. I am becoming a better person for it, and building a better marriage. MB principles can truly help you create the love and the life you want.
A
OP Offline
A
Just stopping in real quick to give an update. We read the first two chapters of "Fall in Love, Stay in Love" smile we plan on reading more tonight. The reading went fine, no major discussions but hubby has obviously prioritized this since he knows how much I believe in Marriage Builders. It feels really great, especially considering how long it took for us to do this together and how much we've been through the last few years.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

MB has changed me and changed my life. I am becoming a better person for it, and building a better marriage. MB principles can truly help you create the love and the life you want.
P
P
Are the two of you listening to the radio show together every day?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

A
OP Offline
A
No, I listen to the radio show on occasion during my commute but he isn't. I'm focused on getting us both on the same page with the basics first.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

A
OP Offline
A
One more chapter complete last night, plus we've had two nights this week we've been intimate. That hasn't happened in years. I have felt so disconnected from hubby for so long. I feel little bits of the wall chipping away. My love bank has been low and nearly empty for a few years now but with these baby steps I'm starting to feel hope and rekindled affection and care.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

A
OP Offline
A
Hi everyone - quick question: I recently learned an long-term friend of mine has been unfaithful. I've talked to her and purchased "Surviving an Affair" for her to read. I know that they have struggled over the years and I want to make sure she has all the tools she needs to recover from the affair as well as have a passionate marriage. Does "Surviving an Affair" cover emotional needs and love busters? Or should she also have additional reading material?

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

B
B
Originally Posted by aBetterMe
Hi everyone - quick question: I recently learned an long-term friend of mine has been unfaithful. I've talked to her and purchased "Surviving an Affair" for her to read. I know that they have struggled over the years and I want to make sure she has all the tools she needs to recover from the affair as well as have a passionate marriage. Does "Surviving an Affair" cover emotional needs and love busters? Or should she also have additional reading material?
It doesn't hurt for her to have the other books also, but SAA is definitely where they should start.

Will she come to MB? Does her BH know?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
OP Offline
A
Hi BrainHurts - yes, I've brought her to MB and she has been reading the material here. She should be getting the book today. Her BH does know as do her children, in-laws, other family and some close friends. She has been doing some of the exposure on her own volition and plans on telling her parents next week. I've encouraged her to tell her BH about the site and the books and let him know she has tools and a plan to right this wrong. I hope she will do that. I've also encouraged her to start her own thread here for support and guidance.

aBetterMe

Me 33
DH 35

B
B
Has she written a NC Letter?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation