Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2825451 10/24/14 01:15 PM
P
OP Offline
P
My first post here. Quick background, WW and I have been together for 12 years, married for 6 with a young child. D-day was 10 days ago. We have had a lot of honest discussions, but in essence, I want to work things out, she is on the fence (if not more out the door). We have both talked to lawyers already. She understands the pain she has caused and, initially, said she would agree to no contact. However, the OM keeps trying to reach her. She won't commit to a full no contact agreement (sending letter, giving me passwords, etc). She feels that he is her security blanket and only ray of hope in the dark world she is currently in. I mistakenly tried to give her a hard deadline to implement NC or I would file. I ended up backtracking. Now, I am in limbo. My question is the following - As I understand Plan B, you are supposed to limit contact with your spouse. However, how do you do that if you are still living together and have to share responsibilities for a young child?

M
M
Hi Perfectheart, you should not be in Plan B, you should be in Plan A for at least 6 months. Plan A involves exposure of the affair and committing to meeting her needs in the future IF she ends her affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
I read the summary of Plan A. Is there a link to another post with another way of saying it? Does this mean I should give her six months to commit to NC? What if she sees the person again (and continues any of the physical contact?) I am willing to work on what has already happened, but I don't know if I am willing to do so knowing everything we have now discussed.

M
M
Originally Posted by Perfect_Heart
I read the summary of Plan A. Is there a link to another post with another way of saying it? Does this mean I should give her six months to commit to NC? What if she sees the person again (and continues any of the physical contact?) I am willing to work on what has already happened, but I don't know if I am willing to do so knowing everything we have now discussed.

Yes, give her 6 months [or as long as you can stand it] to end her affair. BUT, that means you do everything in your power to bust it up, exposure, confrontation of the OM, etc.

Have you exposed the affair? Is this OM married? A coworker, what?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I DO NOT mean you tell her she has 6 months to end her affair. I mean you DEMAND she end her affair now and cause as much havoc as possible in the affair in the meantime. But don't go into Plan B for 6 months, or until you can't stand it anymore.

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. if you choose to leave the marriage over the affair, we would support you in that too. I am just suggesting the 6 months *IF* you choose to save your marriage. That is your decision to make.

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
More info. The affair started out as an emotional one with an old friend. There was only one opportunity for physical contact. He lives far away. He is going through divorce with his wife. I want to work on reconciliation, but WW is not sure what she wants.

M
M
More info. The affair started out as an emotional one with an old friend. There was only one opportunity for physical contact. He lives far away. He is going through divorce with his wife. I want to work on reconciliation, but WW is not sure what she wants.

Have you exposed the affair?

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Not in a broad sense, no. We have each told people in our own way, but not everyone. She initially agreed to NC - she asked him to back off and give her space - but she won't end contact completely. She will tell me if he tried to reach her if I ask, but she doesn't volunteer information either.

P
OP Offline
P
New question. When WW and I talk, she often highlights old fights and tells me why she was upset. I have tried to respond with, "thank you for your honesty" or "thank you for helping me to see your view". One, is that the best response, and two, what other ways can I respond?

N
N
Welcome to Marriagebuilders, Perfect_Heart.

Not a fun place to be but the best place to solve your relationship problems & rebuild your marriage.

Your answers to her past complaints are good.. very good. With Marriagebuilders you will learn new ways of resolving disagreements & problems that will allow you both to be heard and understood.

How are your W & the OM communicating? Email? Chat? Telephone (cell and/or home phone?) and/or text? Do you have any techniques in place to keep you informed without having to ask her about contact? If not, you need them!

And how old is your child?

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
M
M
Not in a broad sense, no. We have each told people in our own way, but not everyone. She initially agreed to NC - she asked him to back off and give her space - but she won't end contact completely. She will tell me if he tried to reach her if I ask, but she doesn't volunteer information either.

Exposure is your most powerful weapon against this affair. Affairs thrive on secrecy so keeping it a secret only fuels the affair.

Please go read the exposure thread in my signature and put together a plan.

Exposure 101

L
L
Her telling Her Version is NOT Exposure.

Read Melody's link and follow it precisely.

LTL

U
U
Have you exposed to the OM's wife? If you got information about them divorcing from your WW, she is likely lying to you, or he is lying to her. If they are in divorce proceedings it is likely because of his A with your wife, she probably doesn't even know WHY her marriage derailed.

A full and widespread exposure is absolutely necessary. And it should start with the OM's wife.

W
W
Sorry for what you are going through. Your WW is rewriting history to justify her actions. Don't react to that. How old is your child? Being a great dad and taking care of your son/daughter is one of the best ways to get her to see you as a wonderful husband/father. If you know the age of your child, we can help you more.

P
OP Offline
P
My son is 3. I think that I am now probably in the wrong forums. She seems to be complete gone - checked out of our marriage. I am very lost right now. My whole world has been up ended and I am struggling with my emotions.

M
M
My son is 3. I think that I am now probably in the wrong forums. She seems to be complete gone - checked out of our marriage. I am very lost right now. My whole world has been up ended and I am struggling with my emotions.

Do you want to try and save your marriage?

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Yes, I have made it clear that I want to save the marriage. She doesn't think she wants to.

M
M
Yes, I have made it clear that I want to save the marriage. She doesn't think she wants to.

Have you read our posts?

Exposure 101

M
M
We understand she doesn't want to save your marriage now. That is because she is having an affair. We have a plan to help you save your marriage by killing the affair if you will listen to us. But we can't help you if you won't listen and follow the advice.

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation