Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
S
S
Originally Posted by luna_alpha
Feeling a bit guilty for not being at the funeral today but it really would not have been good for me to be there. Sure he spun some terrible story about me to his family.

I would try not to worry about what he is spinning, regardless of what he says to anyone you know in your heart what the truth is and if those other people believe his tall tales then you do not need them in your life anyway, that does not fit into Plan Luna.

S
S
Ugh, packing some stuff and found our marriage builders exercises. We stopped filling out the UA worksheets in April. Makes me sad - if we had just keep going, perhaps things could be better. I know I had a part in all this.

On the other hand, he wrote that he wanted less of my conversation on reactions to things, but then on another part said I was dishonest when I didn't tell him I was upset. Huh? That seems like a contradiction.

Dr. H (son) thought we could work things out but H was just not interested and that is when things with other people really started ramping up. Sad, sad, sad. Hard knowing it is just such an unnecessary waste.

Lest you think I am wallowing, (five minutes, maybe), I did get my homework done and am working on my list of self-care for stuff I need to take tomorrow to make my life easier. I had the impulse to call him and ask for the zillionth time if he really would not change his mind. I did not do it. Yay me.

This is okay, like Indie said you will have the bad with the good. And I am so proud of you for not calling and not going to the funeral. I am sure that was not an easy thing to do.

Just keep up with your Plan Luna

And BTW congrats on all of your school/work things, it sounds like things are going GREAT in that part of your life.

L
OP Offline
L
Right, thank you S.C., I can't control what people think and running around trying to do something about it is more than I can deal with right now.

My IM told me there was a response on business (no arguments as I predicted). It is more relieving that I would have thought to not see the emails. I'm sure there was a dig somewhere in there but I didn't have to see it!! Yay! No, that deserves a double Yay Yay!!

Hurting on the sleep area, so that is the first order of business and then tomorrow I'll be able to organize everything else. One downfall of being so busy is that things come up I just can't squeeze in... like a smart phone film festival where the entries are due in three weeks. Checking the calendar, nope... can't do it... Oh well. There are tons worse problems. wink

Last edited by luna_alpha; 11/03/14 10:06 PM.
I
I
Makes me sad - if we had just keep going, perhaps things could be better. I know I had a part in all this.

I really don't think you did. I've never seen a clearer example of a freeloader/renter than your H. He could get motivated to change, but there's not much you could do against his previous mind set.

I've done this to myself too. I was a pretty angry wife, viciously eloquent and a hurtful person to be married to. I accept that it was appalling and no matter how much provocation I had it was flat out ugly. Early in Plan B I thought if I hadn't done that I could have prevented the A. But I couldn't because I had never chosen it. His IB did. I came to see that I never should have gotten angry over it, I should simply have left sooner. Leaving is actually the most respectful thing to do sometimes, which is an odd concept if you are naturally naturally buyer-y, but it's true. Working harder was the worst thing you could have done.

Good job getting rid of trigger stuff like that.

I had the impulse to call him and ask for the zillionth time if he really would not change his mind. I did not do it. Yay me.

Yay indeed! It gets easier every time you do this.

Last edited by indiegirl; 11/04/14 05:26 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Leaving is actually the most respectful thing to do sometimes, which is an odd concept if you are naturally naturally buyer-y, but it's true.

Yes, it is.

These days when I see my kids fighting I teach them that the first thing to do is to get away from each other. Amazingly enough most of the time when there is a squabble, someone is sitting around letting someone hurt them while complaining about it, and escalating from complaints to fighting back. Instead of letting yourself get hurt, and fighting, it's best just to back away into a safe, calm isolation!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
L
OP Offline
L
Makes me sad - if we had just keep going, perhaps things could be better. I know I had a part in all this.

I really don't think you did. I've never seen a clearer example of a freeloader/renter than your H. He could get motivated to change, but there's not much you could do against his previous mind set.
That is a great point.

I've done this to myself too. I was a pretty angry wife, viciously eloquent and a hurtful person to be married to. I accept that it was appalling and no matter how much provocation I had it was flat out ugly. Early in Plan B I thought if I hadn't done that I could have prevented the A. But I couldn't because I had never chosen it. His IB did. I came to see that I never should have gotten angry over it, I should simply have left sooner. Leaving is actually the most respectful thing to do sometimes, which is an odd concept if you are naturally naturally buyer-y, but it's true. Working harder was the worst thing you could have done.

Good job getting rid of trigger stuff like that.

Thanks for sharing that. It is a new mindset to learn that leaving is the best, and the most respectful thing to do. To me it speaks of neglect, but I was the only one getting hurt really.

I'm pretty pissed at all the time, energy, money I put into this. I am trying to keep an attitude of gratitude and thanking my lucky stars that he behaved so absolutely terribly that even I couldn't take it anymore. I know what I did, and he would be nowhere without my help, even if he and his enabler family will not acknowledge it. So now at least I have a chance to see how awesome my life can be without him draining all my resources.

Having a feeling I'm going to be going for a lot of long walks until this anger dissipates!

S
S
Thanks for sharing that. It is a new mindset to learn that leaving is the best, and the most respectful thing to do. To me it speaks of neglect, but I was the only one getting hurt really.

I'm pretty pissed at all the time, energy, money I put into this. I am trying to keep an attitude of gratitude and thanking my lucky stars that he behaved so absolutely terribly that even I couldn't take it anymore. I know what I did, and he would be nowhere without my help, even if he and his enabler family will not acknowledge it. So now at least I have a chance to see how awesome my life can be without him draining all my resources.

Having a feeling I'm going to be going for a lot of long walks until this anger dissipates!

Being angry is a natural step too, I was just reading something yesterday about the 7 stages of grief. This will get easier, just keep up your Plan Luna smile

I
I
Try not to let your thoughts dwell. Have a stack of distractions to hand. Silly movies, great books, a good friend on speed dial.

Long walks actually sound like a dwelling opportunity. I know I was never able to complete a long drive, or for that matter a shower, without dwelling unless I was playing really fun music.

As long as you make progress in thinking about you more and him less - then you are making progress.

Initially it feels impossible to stop. Even when you are boring yourself, it's relentless. But persevere - it happens.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
OP Offline
L
It feels like sleep is an awful time to dwell too. Had a horrible dream last night. Been sleeping nine and ten hours a day. Must need it, but it feels like a hair too much.

Will keep the distractions up. Have lots of stuff I want to do and have to do, so that helps.

Thanks for the encouragement on making progress. I'm filling out my part of the paperwork and sending it off tomorrow, which is coincidentally the sixth year anniversary of us meeting. Feels appropriate somehow.

B
B
It feels like sleep is an awful time to dwell too. Had a horrible dream last night. Been sleeping nine and ten hours a day. Must need it, but it feels like a hair too much.

Will keep the distractions up. Have lots of stuff I want to do and have to do, so that helps.

Thanks for the encouragement on making progress. I'm filling out my part of the paperwork and sending it off tomorrow, which is coincidentally the sixth year anniversary of us meeting. Feels appropriate somehow.
Do you have an exercise regimen? Yoga?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
I can do yoga on campus for free. Not entirely happy with the teacher/class compared to others I've had but it is something. I walk a few miles everyday just to classes and such (my apartment is close enough that I don't drive).

Been able to concentrate much better the last few days. I think the ADs are finally kicking in and I actually had a few hours of happy (felt euphoric in contrast to some of the recent times!). So that is a plus. A big plus actually...

My apartment is cheery and sunny in the mornings. I love it compared to the cold and damp place where my H and I lived.

S
S
Been able to concentrate much better the last few days. I think the ADs are finally kicking in and I actually had a few hours of happy (felt euphoric in contrast to some of the recent times!). So that is a plus. A big plus actually...

This is very good and makes things a little easier to deal with when you can at least think straight. smile

My apartment is cheery and sunny in the mornings. I love it compared to the cold and damp place where my H and I lived.

I am glad, cheery is ALWAYS better.

L
OP Offline
L
I am so frustrated. I called the court to find out who to make the check out to for the response and found out that our case has been dismissed because basically I dragged my feet. I'll admit it, I did not want a divorce at first, but now after four weeks away and the experience last weekend, I want it more than anything I can think of.

I am so mad at myself. So mad! Now I'll have to depend on my IM getting him to write the judge a letter reversing the dismissal or simply filing all the paper work on my end and it is a big hassle. Shoot Shoot Shoot Shoot.

My biggest nightmare is that he decides he doesn't want a divorce after all. I can't imaging that happening, except for spite. I wish it was over yesterday.

Last edited by luna_alpha; 11/07/14 08:28 PM.
B
B
I am so frustrated. I called the court to find out who to make the check out to for the response and found out that our case has been dismissed because basically I dragged my feet. I'll admit it, I did not want a divorce at first, but now after four weeks away and the experience last weekend, I want it more than anything I can think of.

I am so mad at myself. So mad! Now I'll have to depend on my IM getting him to write the judge a letter reversing the dismissal or simply filing all the paper work on my end and it is a big hassle. Shoot Shoot Shoot Shoot.

My biggest nightmare is that he decides he doesn't want a divorce after all. I can't imaging that happening, except for spite. I wish it was over yesterday.
Can you write the judge and ask to reverse the dismissal?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
The clerk seemed to think it has to come from my husband.

I can try writing a letter just in case.

I don't have his SSN or DL number here so am a bit frazzled how I'll get this done. I don't want to wait two weeks until I am back in town again. Want this done before the end of the year so I can file my taxes as a single person....

S
S
Do both, let your IM send him a message and write a letter yourself.

J
J
The clerk seemed to think it has to come from my husband.

I can try writing a letter just in case.

I don't have his SSN or DL number here so am a bit frazzled how I'll get this done. I don't want to wait two weeks until I am back in town again. Want this done before the end of the year so I can file my taxes as a single person....

You can't write a letter to a judge.
You would need to file a Motion with the court.
This is soemthing you should not even be dealing with in the early stages of Plan B and should simply direct your attorney to file the necessary paperwork to proceed with divorce.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
You can't write a letter to a judge.
You would need to file a Motion with the court.
This is soemthing you should not even be dealing with in the early stages of Plan B and should simply direct your attorney to file the necessary paperwork to proceed with divorce.

This is what the clerk said because there was no stock paperwork to file a motion, althought I did find a document online. This is the courthouse in a tiny, tiny town, so I think she might actually know what she is talking about. There cannot be that many people that work in the building!

In any case, I've decided on doing the paperwork as petitioner. This way it can be the correct paperwork and the divorce will not have any question marks on it (the H selected paperwork that was technically not allowed for us and signed it, something I am not willing to do.)

It will get done.

Last edited by luna_alpha; 11/08/14 01:58 PM.
B
B
Do you have a lawyer?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
OP Offline
L
I have a couple recommendations if I need one but I have not put anyone on retainer yet.

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation