Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
OK- Alittle fun. Was listening to the radio at work and a song by Genesis came on. "Throwing It All Away". Has a line in it that goes:<BR>" someday you'll be sorry,<BR>someday when your free.<BR>Memories will remind you, that our love was meant to be.<BR>Late at night when you call my name, the only sound you'll hear, is the sound of your voice calling, calling out to me."<P>Our song was " You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker during the happy times. Makes sense to have a soundtrack now.<P>Anyone else care to try?

P
P
This sounds like Ally McBeal!!!<P>Nothing by Al Green! or Barry White, althogh he does wanders for John Cage [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>There's too many to choose from, I'm partial to End of the Road by Boyz 2 Men.<P>And go figure, I'll Always Love You by Whitney Houston is on the radio right now!!!<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

S
SDS Offline
S
I like Unbreak my Heart at least I think that is the title. I listen to a station that plays soft rock and sometimes you don't catch the title let alone you sings it. Right now they are playing "Cherish" just what I needed. Right?<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

M
M
Mine is by Vonda Shepard it is an awesome song .. Baby Don't you break my heart slow!<BR>When I found out all this the next day my h was shipped off on business for 4 days. When he came home I had dinner, kids gone and this cd playing. It has great songs.<BR> The song is awesome chorus says .. <BR>"But I'd rather you be mean than love and lie<BR>I'd rather hear the truth and have to say goodbye, I'd rather take a blow, at least then I would know, but baby don't you break my heart slow!"<BR>Paul .. She does also sing the Ally McBeal theme song! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Before all this it was Vanessa Williams .. You've saved the best for last! Which I guess actually could still apply since we are rebuilding! <BR>Thanks that was fun to remember!<P>------------------<BR>Mater<P>

M
M
HEY Covenant,<P>MY new theme sound is by "Triump" off "The sport of Kings". "Somebody's out there"...<P>"Is it fate or random chance.<BR>How can I decide.<BR>Are we victims of circumstance.<BR>When destinies collide.<P>All the odds are against you.<BR>But somehow you make it through.<BR>You can rationalize it away.<BR>But, It all comes down to you..<P>Half our lives we spend waiting<BR>for the knock upon the door.<BR>When it comes, will it be the one<BR>That I've been waiting for? <P>[chorus]<BR>Somebody's out there, somewhere.<BR>Waiting for someone to come their way. Somebody's out there, somewhere.<BR>I will somehow be somebody's someone, someday.<P>Standing in the shadows.<BR>Hiding from the light.<BR>Reach out in the darkness.<BR>And hold on for your life.<P>All the fear of the future.<BR>All the loneliness inside.<BR>When the moment of truth arrives, Hey<BR>You can run but you can't hide.<P>[chorus]<BR>Somebody's out there, somewhere.<BR>Waiting for someone to come<BR>their way.<BR>Somebody''s out there, somewhere<BR>I will somehow be somebody's<BR>someone someday.<P>I can feel it inside me.<BR>Iv'e been holding on so long.<BR>Somethings tellin' me somethings<BR>got to give<BR>'Cause the feeling's way too strong,<BR>too strong".<P>[chorus]<P>Depressing? I don't view it as such. I'm clinbing out of this damn pit.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

H
H
I listen to Country music [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Go figure! Try listening to Clay Walker's "Then What". hahahahahahahahah<P>Don't songs have a new meaning before and after??????????<P><P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR>

S
S
All last year, the song that kept running through my head was "Let Me Be There" by Olivia Newton-John.<P>Wherever you go; wherever you may wander in your life;<BR>Surely you know; I'll always wanna be there;<BR>Holding your hand; Standing by to catch you when you fall;<BR>Seeing you through; In everything you do.<P>Let me be there in your mornings; Let me be there in your nights<BR>Let me change whatever's wrong; And make it right;<BR>Let me lead you through the wonderland that only two can share;<BR>All I ask you is let me be there.

N
N
My H's and my song was (and this shoulda been a big hint that we're a bit on the odd side) <P>The Eagles<P>"I Can't Tell You Why"<P>We used to play it over, and over on his (egad! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) 8-track in his Camaro.... ah, those were the days!!!<P>Our theme song these days is "Oh how the Years Go By" by Amy Grant. I love the words.<P>I can't think of a personal theme song - I tried and tried last year when Traci Ulman was on Aly McBeal and suggested it - but it would definately be something PERKY and FUN and not as depressing as I am these days. I'm gonna have to think on that one!<P>Thanks for the levity, Cov, made me feel better!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

P
P
HI ALL,<BR> Our's was (WAS because we tore it apart)<BR> Devoted by The Everly Brothers. Worst line for me NOW, oh brother this hurts!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> I'll never hurt you.<BR> I'll never lie. <BR> I'll NEVER BE UNTRUE!!!<BR> I'll never give you reason to cry.<BR> I'd be unhappy if you were blue.<BR> WOW did that HUUUUUUURRRRRRTTTTT. OUCH!!<P> Now for something more optimistic!!<BR> I think the PERFECT theme song for this place would be"<BR> THE NEXT TIME I FALL IN LOVE by Peter Cetera (from Chicago)<BR> <BR> Favorite line is the chorus:<BR> <BR> The next time I fall in love,<BR> I'll know better what to do.<BR> The next time I fall in love.<BR> IT WILL BE WITH YOU!!!<BR> <BR> When/if we take our vows again THIS will be our song.<BR> If not, it STILL works for me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><P>------------------<BR>desperate<BR>"If yesterday didn't stop today, Why should TODAY stop tomorrow??" <BR>"Wisdom is why!!"<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation