Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 74 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 73 74
R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Mario, I am reading on in LB AND LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU.

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
OK, Help me here please, forumers,

Question 1.
My wife and I seem to be at an impasse and I can't figure out why and she wouldn't want to do POJA with me right now, all the while accusing me on being the one who doesn't/won't do POJA. Can someone explain that to me?

Question 2.
If we discuss something, and she asks me my perspective, does raising your voice in a discussion count as an angry outburst?

Question 3.
IB, Independent Behavior has been and issue for many years. She likes to garden, and I like to play softball or go to church and bible study group. Those have been issues for many years. OK, it has been a big struggle for me to give them up as I see them as good healthy things, that she used to do with me, but has opted out. (She also is going to school to finish her degree, so her time is precsious.)
The point is, it has been a big issue between us for years. Now, she has reversed her position and won't agree to no IB for either of us.
Can someone explain that one to me?

Thanks, Remark

A
A
Is this about your behavior or your wife's? Because if it is your wife's, you are not supposed to be trying to prove her wrong.

A
A
3. She is planning to leave which requires IB.

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well, hers I guess. I stand accused of being a Harley believer, but not a Harley practioner. Yet, I believe in POJA, yet my withdrawn wife won't do POJA with me.

OK, don't attempt to prove her wrong. So, what does that mean, if we're (both of us) advised to do POJA?

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So, her IB is OK? I don't understand.

A
A
You said it yourself,she is withdrawn.

ETA: you cannot expect her buy-in at this point. You are at the stage of building a very basic level of trust. You need to focus on fixing yourself (ie, eliminating LBs and meeting ENs) rather than correcting your withdrawn spouse.

What is your action plan for the week? It is Tuesday so you should be 40% through a thorough plan of action. If not,fill out an hourly planner with each action step.

For example, Wednesday:Up early to Make coffee and start dishwasher. Invite spouse to watch the Hobbit tonight followed by dinner at favorite restaurant. (Get tickets and make reservations)

Also, stop carrying on mental arguments with your wife. They predispose you to DJs and defensiveness. If you catch yourself doing this, tell yourself to stop and that your spouse is a good person who is very hurt.

Last edited by apples123; 12/16/14 10:22 PM.
H
H
Originally Posted by Remark
OK, Help me here please, forumers,

Question 1.
My wife and I seem to be at an impasse and I can't figure out why and she wouldn't want to do POJA with me right now, all the while accusing me on being the one who doesn't/won't do POJA. Can someone explain that to me?

This requires some clarification - how exactly can we help YOU with YOUR behavior here?

Question 2.
If we discuss something, and she asks me my perspective, does raising your voice in a discussion count as an angry outburst?

Yes. And the proper response is; "This conversation is no longer pleasant, can we discuss it later?"

Question 3.
IB, Independent Behavior has been and issue for many years. She likes to garden, and I like to play softball or go to church and bible study group. Those have been issues for many years. OK, it has been a big struggle for me to give them up as I see them as good healthy things, that she used to do with me, but has opted out. (She also is going to school to finish her degree, so her time is precsious.)
The point is, it has been a big issue between us for years. Now, she has reversed her position and won't agree to no IB for either of us.
Can someone explain that one to me?

So, yes. YOU should stop engaging in independent behavior if you want your wife to fall back in love with you.

Hidden hint: if you don't want to waste your time, our time, and your wife's time, your posts and questions should be focused on adjusting your behavior to help your wife fall back in love with you. YOU need to lead the way.

[/quote]

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
B
B
Remind me please. What did Dr. Harley say to you on your call?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
BTW Remark, did you ever expose your affair? I've never heard you mention telling your family.

A
A
As for your wife's behavior, Read Matthew 7:3-5.

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by apples123
BTW Remark, did you ever expose your affair? I've never heard you mention telling your family.
Sort of. Back whenever it was (2006 or 2007 I'm guessing) , (1) I in no way considered it an affair. (2) I did mention it to my sister, and perhaps brother, and no one thought some emails were an affair. At least, it wasn't discussed as an affair. It was a non-event. Even I didn't consider it an affair until about a year ago as I got into Harley principles.

Last edited by Remark; 12/17/14 06:04 PM.
R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yep, Got it. Read it. She has said that a lot.
Agreed.

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Which requires IB on my part? her part? both parts?

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R

ETA: you cannot expect her buy-in at this point. You are at the stage of building a very basic level of trust. You need to focus on fixing yourself (ie, eliminating LBs and meeting ENs) rather than correcting your withdrawn spouse.
Yes, I am working on eliminating LBs. She has no interest in letting me attempt to meet her ENs.

What is your action plan for the week? It is Tuesday so you should be 40% through a thorough plan of action. If not,fill out an hourly planner with each action step.
Simply to eliminate LBs and do as she asks, putting preference on her swishes over mine, because I have a long history of selfishly prioritizing my wishes over hers.
For example, Wednesday:Up early to Make coffee and start dishwasher. Invite spouse to watch the Hobbit tonight followed by dinner at favorite restaurant. (Get tickets and make reservations)

Also, stop carrying on mental arguments with your wife. They predispose you to DJs and defensiveness. If you catch yourself doing this, tell yourself to stop and that your spouse is a good person who is very hurt. I undertstand. Will do. Thanks

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Remind me please. What did Dr. Harley say to you on your call?

He said she is in withdrawal and I need to stop LB's. When that happens, hopefully, she will re-engage. He said she feels like I don't value her wishes, her perspective over my own. I need to focus on eliminating the LBs., all of them.

R
Remark Offline OP
OP Offline
R

Also, stop carrying on mental arguments with your wife. They predispose you to DJs and defensiveness. If you catch yourself doing this, tell yourself to stop and that your spouse is a good person who is very hurt.
What does ETA: mean?

S
S
"Edited to add".

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
A
Sort of. Back whenever it was (2006 or 2007 I'm guessing) , (1) I in no way considered it an affair. (2) I did mention it to my sister, and perhaps brother, and no one thought some emails were an affair. At least, it wasn't discussed as an affair. It was a non-event. Even I didn't consider it an affair until about a year ago as I got into Harley principles.

^^You should quit saying that because it isn't true. You admitted that you deliberately hid the relationship from your wife. You knew it was wrong or you would not have done that.

Last edited by apples123; 12/18/14 08:41 PM.
Page 17 of 74 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 73 74

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation