Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
Have you been to your doctor for some ADs to help you get through this?

Have you got rid of all things that remind you of OM, such as gifts, pictures, etc?

What has your BH said he needs from you?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Originally Posted by lsl
Have you received the help you were seeking?
Not really, this forum just riled me up. My BS thought it was a bad idea to post, as he said they "will most likely will give little support or help to you."

Has the issue of their contacting you been resolved now? Yes, we can close thread. It was stupid to come out here and waste everybody's time. It was painful coming here-I should have stayed away.

I get that. I'm the horrible person and the ONLY ONE AT FAULT. BS NOT TO BLAME; he didn't know EN.

everything is my fault----always has been---always will be-----

Yikes, if that is your attitude around your BH (and you've already told us he is reading this) then I wouldn't be surprised if he was frustrated.

You have gotten many MANY helpful posts - MANY MORE than I got when I first arrived here!

Being humble will go a LONG way. Good luck!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
L
L
Originally Posted by lsl
Not really, this forum just riled me up. My BS thought it was a bad idea to post, as he said they "will most likely will give little support or help to you."

Has the issue of their contacting you been resolved now? Yes, we can close thread. It was stupid to come out here and waste everybody's time. It was painful coming here-I should have stayed away.

I get that. I'm the horrible person and the ONLY ONE AT FAULT. BS NOT TO BLAME; he didn't know EN.

WOW!!!

How does your Husband feel when you throw such a big Pity Party for yourself?

My Wayward Wife said the exact same things to me.

How the heck does the guy who is trying to rebuild his marriage feel and how does he even respond to that?

I know in my case, all I wanted was for my Wife to realize how much I truly cared for and loved her, but she was too busy acting like a self absorbed martyr that nothing I did to try to breach the gap SHE created was ever even close to good enough or welcomed.

At least you supposedly have No Contact any longer with your playmate. But look at the destruction that was caused to two innocent families.

It's NOT all about you. Your Betrayed Husband doesn't truthfully know if things will get better or not, but he is still with you, trying, no matter how much pain you caused him.

LTL

S
S
Originally Posted by lsl
All you have to tell us is whether you've both been tested.

We do not have to tell an open forum anything WE do not feel comfortable answering. It is not an Enthusiastic Agreement on Both Sides to do this.

You took what she said out of context. Her sentence to you about only telling us whether you have been tested vs telling us the result (which you left out of the quote) was in response to your comment about HIPPA laws (??).

We take STD's very seriously around here and her question to you was only out of concern for your health and your BH's. We have had posters who have died from STD's.

I am sorry that you are feeling so defensive but this was not a very nice way to speak to BrainHurts, somebody who is VOLUNTEERING their free time to help you in this mess that YOU created in your marriage.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Originally Posted by lsl
Can you kindly tell me what we have not addressed, that you were seeking help with?

I thought you came here for help with blocking contact with OM and his wife. That is the title of your thread, after all. We told you how to do that. I do not see what other help you have asked for, but perhaps I've missed it. Could you specify whatever it is we have missed?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
L
WOW!!!

How does your Husband feel when you throw such a big Pity Party for yourself? Have you read this post from the beginning?

She started by asking how to deal with the constant attack we have been receiving. In return she received no answer, but was bombarded by with prying questions and accusations.

My Wayward Wife said the exact same things to me.

How the heck does the guy who is trying to rebuild his marriage feel and how does he even respond to that? she doesn't do this to me, only the people who are here to attack aka "help" her. Of course she's defensive to this.

I know in my case, all I wanted was for my Wife to realize how much I truly cared for and loved her, but she was too busy acting like a self absorbed martyr that nothing I did to try to breach the gap SHE created was ever even close to good enough or welcomed.

At least you supposedly have No Contact any longer with your playmate. But look at the destruction that was caused to two innocent families. Yet this site advocates creating more destruction by outing everyone involved and spreading the hurt.

It's NOT all about you. Your Betrayed Husband doesn't truthfully know if things will get better or not, but he is still with you, trying, no matter how much pain you caused him. I appreciate this comment, but none of us truly know until we walk down the path, do we, and find out where it leads.

Last edited by lslbs; 01/02/15 07:14 PM.
M
M
Mr Lsbs, welcome to Marriage Builders. Would you mind reposting with only your comments or with your comments under the post you are responding to? I can't decipher which are your comments and which belong to the original post. If you will just click the "quote" button at the bottom of the post to which you want to respond and then type your comments under the "[/quote]" then we can read your post.

Thank you so very much.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
You took what she said out of context. Her sentence to you about only telling us whether you have been tested vs telling us the result (which you left out of the quote) was in response to your comment about HIPPA laws (??). Look up HIPAA

The way it was stated. It could be said in a nicer tone. Example-we care about your safety. Not-You have to tell us!

We take STD's very seriously around here and her question to you was only out of concern for your health and your BH's. We have had posters who have died from STD's. Again, this could be stated better.

I am sorry that you are feeling so defensive but this was not a very nice way to speak to BrainHurts, somebody who is VOLUNTEERING their free time to help you in this mess that YOU created in your marriage.

Yes, I am sorry her comments were venomous at best to my WS. If you use an attacking tone, you should expect one in return. Do you save all your Love Busters to attack WS on this site?

L
L
Yikes, if that is your attitude around your BH (and you've already told us he is reading this) then I wouldn't be surprised if he was frustrated.

She does not talk to ME in this manner, only people who continually attack her here. She has not talked to anyone about this openly, this was her idea not mine.

You have gotten many MANY helpful posts - MANY MORE than I got when I first arrived here!

She was hoping other WS would provide more insight on recovery process.

L
L
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Have you been to your doctor for some ADs to help you get through this?

Have you got rid of all things that remind you of OM, such as gifts, pictures, etc?

What has your BH said he needs from you?

neither one of us is taking drugs.

we gotten rid of the mementos, and sent the gifts back to them (OM and OM BS)

I have told her that I need honesty, openness, and her love. I am trying not to make too many demands with her because she needs to decide if she wants to be with me and I can't force her to do that.

M
M
Originally Posted by lslbs
he way it was stated. It could be said in a nicer tone. Example-we care about your safety. Not-You have to tell us!

Sir, your wife is not a child who needs to be protected from direct questions. She was not attacked. She was asked many, many questions because she is so vague that her posts are incomprehensible.

Her initial question most certainly WAS answered: many, many times. The answer is to change her contact information and stay out of other people's marriages. Hopefully she has learned her lesson from this experience.

She was not attacked and no one was venomous to her. Let's keep in mind here that she is not a victim. It is a good experience for her to see how objective observers react to her views. I get the feeling she has been very PROTECTED from reality by you. That is a mistake that does not help her in the least.

Just know that we are on your side. As such, we are not here to coddle your wife. I have made many helpful posts to her and have not so much as received a thank you. Telling other posters how to post is very disrespectful.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

The advice given here is the same, whether it comes from a wayward or a betrayed spouse. The advice given here all comes from Dr Bill Harley, who is neither. The program of recovery is the same.

Exposure 101

M
M

She does not talk to ME in this manner, only people who continually attack her here. She has not talked to anyone about this openly, this was her idea not mine.

I am assuming the LAST sentence is yours? I can hardly decipher. Can you please use the quote feature and make your post UNDER the other persons post which is signified by "[/quote]"?

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by lsl

L
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

The advice given here is the same, whether it comes from a wayward or a betrayed spouse. The advice given here all comes from Dr Bill Harley, who is neither. The program of recovery is the same.

Again, thank you for the non answer

She wants to talk with WS, not get attacked by all the BS here! Is it any wonder why there are so few WS posting here?

Or is this one joint Love Buster pity party for BS

L
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
he way it was stated. It could be said in a nicer tone. Example-we care about your safety. Not-You have to tell us!

Sir, your wife is not a child who needs to be protected from direct questions. She was not attacked. She was asked many, many questions because she is so vague that her posts are incomprehensible.

Her initial question most certainly WAS answered: many, many times. The answer is to change her contact information and stay out of other people's marriages. Hopefully she has learned her lesson from this experience.

She was not attacked and no one was venomous to her. Let's keep in mind here that she is not a victim. It is a good experience for her to see how objective observers react to her views. I get the feeling she has been very PROTECTED from reality by you. That is a mistake that does not help her in the least.

Just know that we are on your side. As such, we are not here to coddle your wife. I have made many helpful posts to her and have not so much as received a thank you. Telling other posters how to post is very disrespectful.

As I suspected, you take one side here

You Ma'am, have no idea what she has been through. And do not seem to be interested either.

You do realize EVERYONE is a victim in all of this? Not just the BS. There are REASONS affairs happen and ALL are at Fault to some degree.

If you don't keep the love bank full, someone else does. Isn't this the point of this

M
M
[

Again, thank you for the non answer

She wants to talk with WS, not get attacked by all the BS here! Is it any wonder why there are so few WS posting here?

Or is this one joint Love Buster pity party for BS

Thank you for being so rude when I took my valuable time to respond to your post. crazy

Again, she doesn't need to talk to a wayward spouse because the advice we give here comes from DR HARLEY. It is very disrespectful of you to dismiss the other posters [BS, non-BS, non WS] who took their valuable time to post to her. This is not a chitchat forum, but a forum to discuss Dr Harley's program.

Exposure 101

S
S
Yes, I am sorry her comments were venomous at best to my WS. If you use an attacking tone, you should expect one in return.

A poster asking about STD's is hardly "venomous". However, anything you or your W perceive as an attack should be reported to the mods by clicking "notify".

Do you save all your Love Busters to attack WS on this site?
Lovebusters is a term that is used for marriage building. Posters here are not concerned about filling your W's lovebank.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
You do realize EVERYONE is a victim in all of this? Not just the BS. There are REASONS affairs happen and ALL are at Fault to some degree.

If you don't keep the love bank full, someone else does. Isn't this the point of this

It's recommend that you read all the materials on this site and order SAA (Surviving an Affair). I predict a very rocky road ahead. Good luck!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
[
As I suspected, you take one side here

This is true. We "take the side" of the marriage.

You Ma'am, have no idea what she has been through. And do not seem to be interested either.

I know what she has "been through." She has had an affair and hurt many people who did not volunteer for it.

There are reasons, but no EXCUSES. Those "reasons" do not justify hurting others. Like I said, she is not a victim, she and her OM are volunteers. The victims are the BS's and their children.

If you don't keep your keep your love bank closed to others, it doesn't MATTER how full your love bank is.

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation