Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 43 1 2 39 40 41 42 43
J
OP Offline
J
I just wanted them to see such a classic in full cinema.
It really is different than watching it on DVD.
I read the Oz books to them at night, currently reading Rinkitink of Oz.

L
L
I tak err my son about once a month to a late Sunday afternoon Matinee movie at a thriftier movie theater. Along with 1 popcorn and 1 soda pop, which each get free refills and it costs $20.00 total for the two of us.

Check out other basic theaters in the area.

LTL

J
OP Offline
J
Well, I'm really excited about this new year! I just filled out the Calendar for the next 3 months and the kids and I are busy every day!
My 12 year old boy is in boy scouts, 10 and 8 year old daughters are in girl scouts and they all start music lessons this week.
The weekends they have with me will be in Church on Sundays and events at National Parks on Saturdays. Roller skating twice a month...
and I have a couple small races and a larger one coming up.

It's so nice to fill out that calendar and not be troubled with ex wife drama. I enjoy watching the Gary Coxe videos on Youtube and he encourages people to not allow others to "rent space in your head."
If it wasn't for Plan B, I don't think I would be as happy as I am now.

N
Online Content
N
That's so awesome Jedi, I love seeing your life continue to get better and better smile Maybe I'll get somewhere with that contagious enthusiasm smile

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
L
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Well, I'm really excited about this new year! I just filled out the Calendar for the next 3 months and the kids and I are busy every day!
My 12 year old boy is in boy scouts, 10 and 8 year old daughters are in girl scouts and they all start music lessons this week.
The weekends they have with me will be in Church on Sundays and events at National Parks on Saturdays. Roller skating twice a month...
and I have a couple small races and a larger one coming up.

It's so nice to fill out that calendar and not be troubled with ex wife drama. I enjoy watching the Gary Coxe videos on Youtube and he encourages people to not allow others to "rent space in your head."
If it wasn't for Plan B, I don't think I would be as happy as I am now.

I only have one child and he will be turning 12 in about 3 weeks and I strongly advocate for the Scouting activities.

This past weekend, we went camping with his Scout Troop and spent the weekend camping inside of a cave and the kids did all sorts of exploring, crawling through cave crevices and discovering hidden rooms.

It keeps us busy and usually not too bad on the budget, with this current expedition being one of the higher priced exceptions.

If you ever sense any self esteem issues, I also would highly recommend signing up for a form of Martial Arts. We are nearing his 3rd anniversary of 2-3 times per week practice sessions and twice per year tournaments for Sparring and Forms competitions. He is extremely proud of any trophy he has earned, which are for 1st through 3rd place.

Do you have your kids enrolled in any extracurricular school activities? My son enjoys Choir and Orchestra and really likes a variety of music due to the additional exposure to our classic genre along with true classical compositions.

As long as he continues this path, it is rare that I have to seek out any further options and along with Church and Catechism Class, I think he is being emotionally and Spiritually fulfilled.

You are definitely doing a great job and have your hands full with one boy and two younger sisters. Congratulations!!!

LTL

J
OP Offline
J
Well I missed the Super bowl because my ex wife didn't return the kids on time and made me drive nearly 4 hours for no reason...
I wanted to watch it with my kids and she ruined that.

N
Online Content
N
How awful! How did that happen?

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
R
R
I bet the kids were disappointed too.

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
Wow, I'm sorry your Ex is like that.

W (me) - 40
H - 44
M 15 years, 2 kids
J
OP Offline
J
It happened because she lives 1.5 hours away and I drove out there to pick them up in the appointed location, waited 30 minutes then left.
When I arrived home, my daughter called me and said that I could pick them up in town. She said ex ww "forgot" about the time and location.

This is regular behavior from her. There is no consistency at all.

N
N
There is no consistency at all.

Then I would consistently report her missed drop-offs to the authorities at the time that they happen.

Doing otherwise may make it look as though the behavior is acceptable to you.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

R
R
Haven't seen you online for ages Jedi. How are all the activities with your girls going?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by rocksolid
Haven't seen you online for ages Jedi. How are all the activities with your girls going?

They are going well.
I've been very busy with work, parenting and college.
And now gardening. The girls and I planted tomatoes and peppers and are happy to see those growing now.
They have been busy in Girl Scouts, playing outside as the weather warms, and piano lessons.
We will not go on a vacation like we did last year (to Disneyland) but will instead do a lot of camping and fishing this summer at various state and federal parks.

R
R
It's very satisfying growing your own fruit and vegetables and eating what you've grown!

I think camping are the best holidays you can do with your kids. You can create so many happy memories and so great being in the outdoors.

I'm so happy your life is so fulfilling and busy.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
J
OP Offline
J
Well I've been swamped with work; college; parenting...growing a garden and life.
I have spinach starting to grow in the garden (about 20 square feet).
I also planted a half dozen lavender plants the other day and turned a piece of hard driveway/ compacted clay into a raised lavender bed. (Raised with mulch). I will try to get some pics posted for anyone interested.

I ran a half marathon race Sunday and was a little sore, I have a large blister o my foot...and my time was 10 minutes too long...

But otherwise everything is well. Kids are doing well in Scouting and music lessons.

R
R
Would love to see the garden pics Jedi.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
J
OP Offline
J
I have been committing disrespectful judgements and am a little disappointed in myself.
However, I feel that when I ask him to stop doing something that offends me and he keeps doing it...then he deserves to be treated disrespectfully.
Is that a bad attitude to have?

I recently planted several garden beds and need help controlling any rodents that may try to move into the beds. In my opinion, that is what a cat should do. But he has no interest in that. Instead, he wants to be in the house all day long. I lose patience with him when I see him laying around sometimes and call him names and tell him he is a welfare bum that refuses to work. I've told him the purpose of his life is to catch mice but he acts as though my purpose in life is to serve him.

I feel he's love busting me and making me have disrespectful judgements towards him. What do you think I should do?

P
P
Personally, I think some things just cry out for disrespectful judgements ....

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

L
L
I lose patience with him when I see him laying around sometimes and call him names and tell him he is a welfare bum that refuses to work. I've told him the purpose of his life is to catch mice but he acts as though my purpose in life is to serve him.

I think you are being far too soft with him. Time to show him your sword that glows in the dark.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
Personally, I think some things just cry out for disrespectful judgements ....

And I am sure they are working so well here! laugh

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 41 of 43 1 2 39 40 41 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation