Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 54 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 53 54
J
J
Originally Posted by rocksolid
That's good to know Jedi. I will look into what I can do. It felt good to do some exercise on the ropes yesterday.

Listen, you will need to exercise even when you don't feel good enough to.
You need to use your mind to FORCE your body to move. The body will plead fatigue. It may threaten to vomit. It may say it is sore.

You need to FORCE it to move and submit to your mind.

Jack LeLane (you can google him if you aren't familiar with him) performed amazing superman-like feats. He towed 60 some odd boats full of people to Alcatraz (swimming) on his birthday.

He said in an interview that he literally yells at his muscles during his daily 2 hour exercise regimen.

I
I
The main thing is that you haye decided to heal smile

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
That's good to know Jedi. I will look into what I can do. It felt good to do some exercise on the ropes yesterday.

You need to use your mind to FORCE your body to move. The body will plead fatigue. It may threaten to vomit. It may say it is sore.

Jack LeLane (you can google him if you aren't familiar with him) performed amazing superman-like feats. He towed 60 some odd boats full of people to Alcatraz (swimming) on his birthday.

He said in an interview that he literally yells at his muscles during his daily 2 hour exercise regimen.

Wow I have never heard of him. I just googled him and was reading about all his amazing achievements. He was a machine for sure!! Boats and handcuffs amazing! It's interesting reading about all his nutrition info too.

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by indiegirl
The main thing is that you haye decided to heal smile

I think I'm finally turning a corner in my life. I'm starting to not care too much about him anymore. I've seriously just had enough. I'm glad I feel like this. I WANT to feel like this because it can stop me being upset and it helps me to think clearer when I've taken the emotion out of the picture.

I don't know why this change in me but I think because it's been so long now of putting up with such bad treatment that I just cannot do it anymore. I don't want another bad year. I'm ready to take my life back.

So glad I am reaching that point. I can't believe I have even reached this point. I never thought I would but am so glad it is happening. I seriously don't want to spend another year hurting and thinking about him and OW.

I think there just comes a time when you think Enough Is Enough and I deserve better.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
S
S

Agree that exercise is SUPER important in Plan B/D. I think I have mentioned it on this thread at least once smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
J
J
Jack LeLane was actuAlly one of my instructors at the Jedi Training Academy. He had already passed away but his ghost was still alive and part of the Force.

R
OP Offline
R
He sounds so inspirational. I'm going to learn more about him. Thanks Jedi.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Agree that exercise is SUPER important in Plan B/D. I think I have mentioned it on this thread at least once smile

Yes I think you probably have mentioned exercise too Susie. Agree very important.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
I'm gonna check this post in March, see how you ran!!

R
OP Offline
R
Well I've been quite busy trying to get my life back on track. I finally get Plan B. For so long I would pray at night to God to please bring my husband home. Now I pray for strength and for help to get through this. I'm at the point in my life where I realise the importance of healing.

It's like a big 'ahhhh' moment when you finally get the importance of Plan B.

I realise I can't go through this hurt anymore. I have been hurt beyond words by the divorce and WH buying a house with OW. Everytime I think of it I still cry and get upset because of all the false promises he made me.

I feel like a fool for believing anything that he said. It wasn't followed up with actions and that really hurts.

I still love him so much but I don't want to feel this pain anymore.

I do still feel the pain immensely, but I want to heal from it.

I've decided to make the best of my life and appreciate what I do have. I have a wonderful son who is the centre of my life and makes me smile every day. He is doing wonderful at school and his sporting activities. WH chooses to miss out on a lot of his sporting activities and school events because OW won't allow him to go because of me being there. He is the one missing out on his successes and achievements because of choices that he has made. Maybe one day he will see this, who knows.

In the meantime I will be there at every school event, every carnival and make sure he has at least one parent who is supportive. I am so proud of my boy and I will never miss a minute. I'll be the parent clapping the loudest and smiling the biggest and having the biggest amount of pride in my heart, thinking 'that's my boy'.

We have so much fun together too. I really appreciate the time I have with him. We watch movies, we jump on the trampoline all the time, we play around, we play games, we bake, we do homework, we read, we go bike riding, we watch movies and we laugh. He's the light in my life and I don't know what I would do without him.

It would be wonderful to be a family with WH and share our happy times. But while he chooses another woman over our family this won't happen. So I will be my son's rock and give him the happiest times I can.

My son often says he doesn't care that our house is small and we don't have much. Because what is even more important is that we have LOVE and LAUGHTER in our house. And that's what counts.

I have good friends who care about me. They have seen me fall and pick me up from the ground. They have laughed with me and cried with me.

I have started my bookeeping course this week online. It looks really hard but I'm determined to do it and make something better of my life.

My son and I want to travel again one day. We want to go to Finland.

I am going to 2 concerts next month with friends which I am looking forward to.

I started doing laps at the local swimming pool last week. I was scared and self conscious about what people would think and wondering if they were staring at me. But I remembered Indie's saying What would you do if you were not afraid? And I jumped in and swam.

I am starting a women's fitness class next week once a week at the local church that my friend told me about.

I am slowly turning my life around and trying to heal the best I can and being thankful for what I have.

Last edited by rocksolid; 02/11/15 08:09 AM.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
B
What a wonderful update. I'm so glad you finally understand plan B. You are showing all the growth and strength in Plan B and will continue to heal if you stay the course.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I
ROCK star!!!!!!

R
OP Offline
R
Thankyou Indie and Brainhurts. I feel so blessed that I have received so much support in this journey. It's ironic really that WH was the one that introduced me to this site in the first place. I was the one who resisted MB to start with and now he is the one who goes against it all.

I've learned so much. I think MB is saving my life.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
The reality of the hurt and hell I have been through these past 2 years is taking its toll on me. I am starting to hate WXH. Is this a normal occurrence? I thought Plan B was supposed to put your love to sleep and you weren't to feel anything anymore? I love him so much but find myself getting more and more pissed off every day at the hell he has made my life and ripped my heart out time and time again. Today I hate him so much. I think he is a coward and he's not the man I used to know.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
Are you having a dip? That can happen for a long time afterwards and it's harder with children.

You also went through a great deal of trauma and distress after d-day : there's bound to be some resentment.

What are you doing for yourself today?

R
OP Offline
R
Yes I think so Indie. All this anger has been building up this past week. I do feel like I have gone to hell and back.

Some days I'm coping, others not quite as much.

I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night with girlfriends which will be great as they laugh a lot and usually the whole restaurant can hear us!

I'm going to see Ed Sheeran next week with a girlfriend and I am super excited.

I bought all new hair things and headbands for my hair to make myself prettier and have been painting my nails more.

Just down this week and angry.

I do feel I'm getting better at working through the dips.

I really want to get to the point where I couldn't care less about him anymore.

I'm determined to get to that place it's just taking a long time.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
I
I
OK, a few things:

Do you hear anything about him?

Do you let yourself think about him for any length of time?

What are your timescales at this point? Are you divorced/open to recovery and how long for?

I
I
When you have a dip at this stage it feels worse than earlier dips because of the contrast to an ordinary day where you feel OK.

R
OP Offline
R
I think about him way too often. I don't hear anything about him.

I try not to think about him. Most days I can get by but there are still tears and anger.

I saw OW in her car the other week at the shop and that upset me. I've filled that hole by now shopping further away.

Yes we are divorced. We've been divorced since the end of November.

I am still open for recovery but I don't know how I will feel within the next 6 - 12 months.

I want to be nearly healed within the next 6 months. In that 6 months I want to not think about him much anymore. Within 12 months I would like to be fully healed.

I guess I would probably wait 2 years since the divorce date since I propped it up for so long. But I may not wait that long, depending on how I feel over the next 6 - 12 months.

The most important thing for me right now is healing so I don't feel like this anymore and trying to forget the waywards.

I am looking forward to feeling better and not being sad anymore. I think you're right it does feel worse after I've had OKAY days.

I do have alot of resentment built up.

I am trying so hard really to feel better.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
R
OP Offline
R
I guess a lot of hurt is coming from the way he divorced me so coldly to satisfy OW. Along with buying the house.

It only happened the end of last year so it's still painful.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
Page 46 of 54 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 53 54

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation