Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 85 1 2 82 83 84 85
J
J
Sir, you may want to consider scaling down to under 25 a week.
Most of the research shows that injuries increase above 25, amd performance increases below 25.

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
BH, I think it was you who posted the radio show about WH whose adult children won't talk to him because of his affair. Can you post it to my thread? Thanks in advance!

J
J
How's it going, TD?

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Still trying to get this divorce done. WW isn't being cooperative and is stalling. I think she knows she made a mistake and is keeping me on the backburner. Other than that life is good. Got promoted and I am steadily improving my parenting skills. SS is a straight A student! Running a half marathon in March.

N
N
Are you still in Plan A, TD?

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
A
A
Sounds to me like he's in Plan D.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
N
N
Originally Posted by axslinger85
Sounds to me like he's in Plan D.

Some people continue Plan A even after D. I'm mainly wondering if his WW is finally coming to her senses, since she's stalling on the D. My WW seems very eager to get it over with.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
To answer your question, I am in Plan B, there isn't any Plan D.
My WW has a OC with her POSOM and is living in Hawaii (I know I'm not supposed to know about WW during Plan B but MIL texted me this information). She is stalling on the divorce but is engaged to her POSOM while still married to me. POSOM went back to active duty and has a job that keeps him away for 9-12 months. Her needs aren't being met and some part of her wants to keep me around for those unmet needs. I have been in Plan B since 2014 May.

I hope you exposed to your children as my biggest support is my son. He occasionally says things like "Mom doesn't love me more, than POSOM. I don't like Mom because she hurt you Dad." My response is that I am sorry that WW isn't living up to your expectation and thanks for letting me know how you feel. I filed for divorce in October 2012 as WW tried to flee with my son.

She is trying to get full custody as her and POSOM (who has 4 other children plus the one with her recently) are struggling financially and I know that POSOM sees my son as a cash grab. If you are fluent with MB materials you know that WSs suffer from intense depression. So I am sure the affair isn't any fun for her or him but on the outside they have to project this illusion of being happy.

Please feel free to read my thread it is long but may offer some insight on your own situations. Many of my friends and relatives ask if I would take WW back if she ended her affair and honestly I don't know and I don't focus on what ifs. My focus is my health and the welfare of my son and I feel great as does he so my life is good.

If you have any questions about a situation please don't hesitate when your given advice for the vets. It may not make sense in your mind at the time but in the long run the picture will become clearer. I read some of your WW are mad when you do nice things, keep doing them her anger is a defense mechanism. If she gets angry she is really saying "I feel horrible and guilty for doing what I am doing to him." She needs you to be the monster she made you out to be to POSOM and her family to ease her conscious. Don't let her off the hook, kill 'em with kindness and occasionally you will see her fa�ade crumble.

B
B
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
BH, I think it was you who posted the radio show about WH whose adult children won't talk to him because of his affair. Can you post it to my thread? Thanks in advance!
Is it this one?

Radio Clip of Children not Talking to their Wayward Parent
Segment #2
Segment #3

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes thanks! Your the best!

B
B
Yes thanks! Your the best!
You're very welcome.

Glad to see you still around we have alot of new BHs that could use your MB guidance. Thanks for paying it forward.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
To answer your question, I am in Plan B, there isn't any Plan D.
My WW has a OC with her POSOM and is living in Hawaii (I know I'm not supposed to know about WW during Plan B but MIL texted me this information). She is stalling on the divorce but is engaged to her POSOM while still married to me. POSOM went back to active duty and has a job that keeps him away for 9-12 months. Her needs aren't being met and some part of her wants to keep me around for those unmet needs. I have been in Plan B since 2014 May.

I hope you exposed to your children as my biggest support is my son. He occasionally says things like "Mom doesn't love me more, than POSOM. I don't like Mom because she hurt you Dad." My response is that I am sorry that WW isn't living up to your expectation and thanks for letting me know how you feel. I filed for divorce in October 2012 as WW tried to flee with my son.

She is trying to get full custody as her and POSOM (who has 4 other children plus the one with her recently) are struggling financially and I know that POSOM sees my son as a cash grab. If you are fluent with MB materials you know that WSs suffer from intense depression. So I am sure the affair isn't any fun for her or him but on the outside they have to project this illusion of being happy.

Please feel free to read my thread it is long but may offer some insight on your own situations. Many of my friends and relatives ask if I would take WW back if she ended her affair and honestly I don't know and I don't focus on what ifs. My focus is my health and the welfare of my son and I feel great as does he so my life is good.

If you have any questions about a situation please don't hesitate when your given advice for the vets. It may not make sense in your mind at the time but in the long run the picture will become clearer. I read some of your WW are mad when you do nice things, keep doing them her anger is a defense mechanism. If she gets angry she is really saying "I feel horrible and guilty for doing what I am doing to him." She needs you to be the monster she made you out to be to POSOM and her family to ease her conscious. Don't let her off the hook, kill 'em with kindness and occasionally you will see her fa�ade crumble.

Thanks, TD. I have read through your situation. I'm trying to decide what my strategy is going to be if our divorce goes through. I never really put a strong effort into Plan A since my wife never responded to my messages. I feel I went into Plan B (never did send the Plan B letter, though) too soon, so I want to do a better Plan A before going dark.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Jediknight, email me I need to talk to you.

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
**EDIT**
Good article!

Last edited by MBSync; 01/20/15 09:45 AM. Reason: TOS - removing link
F
F
**EDIT**

Good article!

That's a great article. I think I've said almost all of those points to my WW. It's too bad she doesn't care or believe them.

Last edited by MBSync; 01/20/15 09:46 AM. Reason: Editing quote

BH 31
Married 5 years
D day-10/8/14
Separated-10/27/14
1 DS3
1 DSS13
J
J
My wife also didn't care.
Prior to finding Dr Harleys book Surviving an Affair I had read Caught In The Middle, in which the author advocated no contact with ex spouses following divorce.
I read of the challenges and told my wife but she was so selfish she didn't care.

However I will say that all my relatives, even on ww side of fAmily, have told me that my children are better off without her. In my case, divorce may have been the best option in the long term.

F
F
Jedi, your exWW seems to be an extreme case. Even in the article posted by TD, the author notes that there are exceptions. I think you know what's best for your kids.

I often thank God that my WW has actually forced herself to be a better mother due to her divorce efforts, and my noncompliance with them. She has become a better mother to my son(or at least spends more time with him) because she fears I could take him away. Maybe the best thing to come from exposing her affair is just that.

BH 31
Married 5 years
D day-10/8/14
Separated-10/27/14
1 DS3
1 DSS13
J
J
How are things going, TD? Update?

D
Darkguy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Not much to add still married, unfortunately and trying to get a divorce done and over with. As for WW, I haven't heard anything from her but the in laws text occasionally. I do not know where WW is, either. Son is good loves our new surroundings and thriving. He's an avid reader at 6 years old and loves video games. Starting him in karate soon, he's an A and B student.

As for myself I'm feeling awesome, hopefully will be promoted sometime soon. Been actively running and completed a 10k last month. Other than that I lurk on the boards and read others struggles. I also re read Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders and Surviving the Affair from time to time. Been a solid Plan B.

L
L
Karate is great for youth instruction for discipline, plus you will be amazed at how quickly they pick up on the series of moves for each form.

This month marks 3 years since I enrolled my son and we attend a minimum of 2 times per week.

Another great activity for a boy that age is Cub Scouts. Mine has been in Scouting for 6 years now and enjoys the diverse group of friends and has bonded well with the originals from his Cub Scout Pack, through Webelows and now for the past year, further solidified those bonds in Boy Scouts.

Good luck.

LTL

Page 84 of 85 1 2 82 83 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation