Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Dr. Harley would encourage you to date someone your age.
He addressed this on a Radio Show when I asked him this very question.
Someone may be able to post the link to the show so you can hear it.
Is it this one?
Radio Clip on Jediknight's Call
Segment #2
Segment #3

This is Jedi's show... all about dating & mixed families.
Nothing about age differences.

Just had another fantastic date (nr3) with "ChefCook". She (28) wants to marry, wants children.... Unfortunatley she is looking for sex and a rebound at the moment. Bit of a bummer.
I made it clear I am looking for a serious relationship & have no time to waste on being someone's rebound anymore.
She's going for a long trip abroad aswell soon.
She said she has plenty of single friends who are baby-crazy and would be very interested... I am not interested in women who want a spermdonor only either.

We still planned another date and I am looking forward to get to know her better... I am pretty sure she'll be hunting husband material after her trip. :-)

The whole age-thing played in my head the whole date, can't see why a 28 year old woman wouldn't be a perfect wife and mother????

Last edited by geroldmodel; 05/05/15 07:06 PM.
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by alis
Women who are serious about finding a marriage partner will not generally be the ones abroad. It makes no sense to deal with transient lifestyles and immigration hurdles that can last years.

At 22, I traveled the world, when I returned, I looked for a husband. It wouldn't cross most marriage-minded women to look abroad, particularly as some view the expat scene as a meat market.

The expat-scene is quite different when you are 30+.
When you are 22, the expat-scene is one big orgy in comparison, agreed :-)

Most older women in the expat scene are abroad because they are succesfull in their job over there (teacher, project leader, consultant, diplomat...) They are looking for husbands that can fit their lifestyle... I can as I have a compatible job (IT) I can do anywhere on this planet.

Anyway, I can find more serious 30+ dates in the expat-scene then back home with less competition. So why not???

J
J
The wrong show may have been posted.
I was on the Radio Show about dating ages and Dr. Harley advocated finding a woman my age.

G
OP Offline
G
Hey Jedi,

In your situation, listening to the previous show, I completely agree with the "date your age"-thing! A woman of 27 is thinking about starting her own family. Trying to blend into another family instead is just a bridge too far at that age...

But I don't have children, nor was I married before, Jedi!

Marrying someone 10 years younger as a man, is socialy acceptable in ANY culture on this planet:

- In Thailand they even have a word for it: Mia Dek.
- My cousin married a (childless) 40 year old when she was 30, they have 2 kids now and are happy together.

So I could use some very good arguments not to date younger...

C
C
Why not write Dr. Harley and ask him about your specific situation? I would include all the pertinent facts: your age, that you have never been married and have no children but would love to have them and that you live abroad. Specifically ask him if he would recommend that you date someone in her late 20s despite the age difference and if you should find someone in the states (if that is where you want to settle). I think its possible that most of the people your age that Dr. H deals with have been married and/or have children but the best way to know for sure is to ask him.

Many socially acceptable behaviors destroy marriages...opposite-sex friendships, traveling jobs and independent behavior to name a few...

J
J
Im not talking about someone 27. Im talking about dating 22 year olds

R
R
If you want to have children......let women know upfront.
Tell them you want to meet a partner who wants kids sooner rather than later.
I am thinking that women 30-38 are your best bet in seriously getting this done.

Keep open to them and hopefully you will find the girl of your dreams soon.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation