Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 41 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 40 41
M
M
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
By the way, thank you for posting that the POSOW was arrested when She contacted the Police.

That made my night. I was in pain from having just had 2 teeth extracted and couldn't sleep and that news made my night go more smoothly.

LTL

That is hilarious!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
skd Offline
S
Originally Posted by Ginger872
Unfortunately, I can't reach my lawyer until she calls me back, but I know what I need to do, and I promise, I will do it. Someone mentioned one of those DIY legal separations, but I feel more comfortable speaking with my lawyer first.
Food for thought on the legal separation. 1. My attorney & Dr. Harley explained to me that from a financial standpoint it is better to just file for D instead of legal separation because if this would end up in D you are paying first for the separation then their are even more costs involved to make it a D. 2. Also Dr. Harley explained that going through the separation first will drag the whole process out a lot longer if you ever decide he will not follow the MB program. 3. If your H turns himself around and will NEVER see or talk to the OW again and practice EP and the rest of the MB plan the D can be delayed or dropped. Because he is a repeat offender of infidelity a significant amount of time (whatever the veteran posters recommend) should pass before a D filing is dropped. 4. I had a former employee that opted for the DIY D and it ended up costing her more because ultimately she had to secure an attorney anyway. Not to mention with the assets you have and a business I think it would be to great of a risk.

Since she doesn't have an assistant, if you have to, go to the attorneys office and camp out there until she sees you and have make sure you have the retainer in hand.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
H quit MB Seminar 10/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
S
skd Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Don't fear Plan B it is amazing and life changing.
Ditto X 1,000,000 weightlifter

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
H quit MB Seminar 10/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
I
I
Originally Posted by skd
Unfortunately, I can't reach my lawyer until she calls me back, but I know what I need to do, and I promise, I will do it. Someone mentioned one of those DIY legal separations, but I feel more comfortable speaking with my lawyer first.
Food for thought on the legal separation. 1. My attorney & Dr. Harley explained to me that from a financial standpoint it is better to just file for D instead of legal separation because if this would end up in D you are paying first for the separation then their are even more costs involved to make it a D. 2. Also Dr. Harley explained that going through the separation first will drag the whole process out a lot longer if you ever decide he will not follow the MB program. 3. If your H turns himself around and will NEVER see or talk to the OW again and practice EP and the rest of the MB plan the D can be delayed or dropped. Because he is a repeat offender of infidelity a significant amount of time (whatever the veteran posters recommend) should pass before a D filing is dropped. 4. I had a former employee that opted for the DIY D and it ended up costing her more because ultimately she had to secure an attorney anyway. Not to mention with the assets you have and a business I think it would be to great of a risk.

Since she doesn't have an assistant, if you have to, go to the attorneys office and camp out there until she sees you and have make sure you have the retainer in hand.

I also think being served with a D would smack some of the cheek out of his chops.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
OP Offline
G
I will be back on this afternoon. I'm overwhelmed, and just plain exhausted, I need to take a little me time to breath, and then figure out the next first step.

I did call back the contractor, and ask him not to contact H......I don't want him here, and he said he won't call him till he hears from me again.

At this point, anything will knock the chops off of H......he thinks I'm to timid, and won't grow a set of balls! Ha....he's got a surprise coming then.

M: 47 H: 52
H asked for divorce: 3/31/15
H Moved out: 4/7/15
H Took divorce off the table: 4/17/15
I filed for divorce: 5/18/15
I entered Plan B: 5/21/15
S
S
The OW pulled her FB page offline, and no one will speak to me about her anymore. I don't know that I could even figure out who the mother is. Either way, whatever happens, it is not something I am comfortable doing, and I will not do it. I respect the elderly to much. I called H dad yesterday, and he said to me, "I don't mean any disrespect, I care about both of you, but I am 70 years old, I'm in bad health, I'm on lots of medications, and the last thing I need to effect my health is to get in the middle of this."

I just can't bring myself to do it.

I am late to this party and honestly haven't read the entire thread carefully but just want to add a comment for anyone who might be reading or will read this later. And for you too, Ginger.

The reaction of the people you expose to is not really that indicative of whether your exposure was successful or not. It really isn't.

What is a much better measure of how effective your exposure is if in the infidels are angry and upset that you exposed. The rants and threats of calling police is a huge indication that you dealt a massive blow to the affair. When the wayturds don't care, that's when you know it wasn't really effective.

Likewise, the fact that they really really don't want you to contact OW mother tells me she would be a GREAT exposure target. I know you are working on it, but just want to add encouragement to do whatever you can to find her ASAP.

Can you also post OW on one of those cheaterville sites? I say go for it and add as much turmoil as possible to this affair as possible.

Last edited by SusieQ; 05/16/15 02:57 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
indiegirl, the info you shared describes me to a "T". You always have such great info.

I don't fear Plan B, not at all. I will welcome the peace and quiet. I just fear the days when he is here working on the garage.

This won't work. He shouldn't be hanging around if you are in Plan B. How long will it take for him to finish the garage?

I'm not sure, Melody, but if I had to venture a guess, knowing how lazy and procrastinating he's been with everything else lately, I'd say a good month if not more. The insurance only gives 180 days to get it done, and we got the check about 45 days ago. I know that I do not want him here.

The amount they gave was based off of a quote given by the construction company he chose.......a customer of the restaurant. The deal was, H was going to help him do it, so the construction company wasn't going to have to pay any employees. I am going to contact that construction company, I know him well, and talk to him.

The other thing I need to speak with the lawyer about, the check from the claims department for the garage damage was nearly $7,000., if he is going to do it himself, I need to know if any left over money is to be split between us.

I agree with Melody. This garage thing isn't going to work.

You need to wrap up your exposures and get into Plan B very soon. This isn't going to work.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted by SusieQ
The OW pulled her FB page offline, and no one will speak to me about her anymore. I don't know that I could even figure out who the mother is. Either way, whatever happens, it is not something I am comfortable doing, and I will not do it. I respect the elderly to much. I called H dad yesterday, and he said to me, "I don't mean any disrespect, I care about both of you, but I am 70 years old, I'm in bad health, I'm on lots of medications, and the last thing I need to effect my health is to get in the middle of this."

I am late to this party and honestly haven't read the entire thread carefully but just want to add a comment for anyone who might be reading or will read this later. And for you too, Ginger.

The reaction of the people you expose to is not really that indicative of whether your exposure was successful or not. It really isn't.

What is a much better measure of how effective your exposure is if in the infidels are angry and upset that you exposed. The rants and threats of calling police is a huge indication that you dealt a massive blow to the affair. When the wayturds don't care, that's when you know it wasn't really effective.

Likewise, the fact that they really really don't want you to contact OW mother tells me she would be a GREAT exposure target. I know you are working on it, but just want to add encouragement to do whatever you can to find her ASAP.

Can you also post OW on one of those cheaterville sites? I say go for it and add as much turmoil as possible to this affair as possible.
^^^^ yes.

Please read this again and take it to heart.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
By the way, thank you for posting that the POSOW was arrested when She contacted the Police.

That made my night. I was in pain from having just had 2 teeth extracted and couldn't sleep and that news made my night go more smoothly.

LTL

You're welcome! Glad to help!! rotflmao

G
OP Offline
G
When Plan B goes into effect put alarms and locks on your garage. If he complains to your IM she should say she's been told the lawyers are sorting that stuff out.

Since the garage is damaged, and it probably won't be fixed for a while, since he's not allowed on the property, the only thing covering the garage door itself is a tarp. It's been such a huge inconvenience! He could easily get in.

G
OP Offline
G
You are not entitled to keep excess funds from an insurance claim payout. That would be insurance fraud.

The negotiated settlement claim was based on the contractors sworn writted proposal.

Typically, most HO-3 homeowners policies allow for ACV and RCV payouts. The ACV, Actual Cash Value after depreciation, is what you get if you do not complete the repairs and do not submit the final Certificate Of Completion, swearing the job is done.

The RCV, Recoverable Cash Value is the Held Back funds, which insurance lingo calls Depreciation. That dollar amount is only legally payable when the work is completed.

You may have a different policy than a standard HO-3 Policy, such as a Farm policy, since you mentioned a barn though.

It is VERY Easy to request an extension from the claims department to allow for additional time to get tbe work done.

Another point, the longer you are allowed to delay, then their pricing database gets updated with increased regional pricing and you then request that the claim be paid out to the future current timeframe to pay for the work.

I WOULD NOT LET THE WH SET FOOT ON THE PROPERTY TO DO THAT MONTH LONG PROJECT.

A true contractor can accomplish that in much less time.

LTL

Thank you for the info. When I called the contractor, his concern was that the quote he put out was underpriced by the insurance claims assessor, by like $700. It was quoted with my H helping the construction owner, I don't know why he did it that way, but he did. So to get said construction guy to do it for less, I am going to run into problems.

But I am going to call my insurance company and discuss things with them to see what can be done.

G
OP Offline
G
Ginger, are you certain he will be done with the garage next week? Because once you go into Plan B, it will be important that he is not hanging around.

Good point, it's likely he will drag it out so as to keep a fingertip hold on her.

I would send him an email saying he has two days maximum to clear things out because you need to reorganize it. That way you have it in writing that you gave him an opportunity.

Part of your prep might mean having some people round to clear anything he's left there after deadline. Get anything he could reasonably describe as his (stuff you don't want to be tripping over anyway) and send it to a storage facility or relative - You can tell him where in the letter.

I'm not letting him in here, I don't trust him. He took alot of stuff from the garage, decor for the OW.....and his apparently....home. He took our boat too. He had told me he wanted the mower, but he didn't take that. He has no moral compass right now to not take just whatever he feels like taking. He wants it, he's taking it.

He doesn't care about whatever else he has here, and honestly, it's nothing of value. It's the last thing on my list to deal with, there's other things I have to do quickly before then. He already has his clothes, and all the paperwork for the business, that's all he cares about. After that, I can pack his things up, and have the IM tell him where they will be.

I find it so odd, yesterday when he was here, he was harassing me about the business FB page. He wants it, he said he has to get posting on it, and get it going again, like it's my fault the business is going under because I haven't been active on that page. And now, I'm just laughing, after finding out from my friend that he hasn't even been there to care about the restaurant at all. Jerk! You are done controlling me!

G
OP Offline
G
He obviously doesn't know that you have made any withdrawals of your portion of the marital assets yet, does he?

When he finally figures it out, tell him to speak with your attorney about it.

There. No More Drama.

But, he will explode. Count on it.

LTL

No, he doesn't. That's what happens when you don't balance your bank account books! smile And yes, he will explode.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by skd

Great info, thank you!! smile

G
OP Offline
G

Thank you for this, it continues to confirm that I did the right thing. I was getting grief from his brother that I was doing it to destroy the business, they just don't understand that he has already done that himself, without my help.

G
OP Offline
G
indiegirl, the info you shared describes me to a "T". You always have such great info.

I don't fear Plan B, not at all. I will welcome the peace and quiet. I just fear the days when he is here working on the garage.

This won't work. He shouldn't be hanging around if you are in Plan B. How long will it take for him to finish the garage?

I'm not sure, Melody, but if I had to venture a guess, knowing how lazy and procrastinating he's been with everything else lately, I'd say a good month if not more. The insurance only gives 180 days to get it done, and we got the check about 45 days ago. I know that I do not want him here.

The amount they gave was based off of a quote given by the construction company he chose.......a customer of the restaurant. The deal was, H was going to help him do it, so the construction company wasn't going to have to pay any employees. I am going to contact that construction company, I know him well, and talk to him.

The other thing I need to speak with the lawyer about, the check from the claims department for the garage damage was nearly $7,000., if he is going to do it himself, I need to know if any left over money is to be split between us.

I agree with Melody. This garage thing isn't going to work.

You need to wrap up your exposures and get into Plan B very soon. This isn't going to work.

I am working on things to try to get them together quickly, and no, I will not allow him to be here.

L
L
You are not entitled to keep excess funds from an insurance claim payout. That would be insurance fraud.

The negotiated settlement claim was based on the contractors sworn writted proposal. I

Typically, most HO-3 homeowners policies allow for ACV and RCV payouts. The ACV, Actual Cash Value after depreciation, is what you get if you do not complete the repairs and do not submit the final Certificate Of Completion, swearing the job is done.

The RCV, Recoverable Cash Value is the Held Back funds, which insurance lingo calls Depreciation. That dollar amount is only legally payable when the work is completed.

You may have a different policy than a standard HO-3 Policy, such as a Farm policy, since you mentioned a barn though.

It is VERY Easy to request an extension from the claims department to allow for additional time to get tbe work done.

Another point, the longer you are allowed to delay, then their pricing database gets updated with increased regional pricing and you then request that the claim be paid out to the future current timeframe to pay for the work.

I WOULD NOT LET THE WH SET FOOT ON THE PROPERTY TO DO THAT MONTH LONG PROJECT.

A true contractor can accomplish that in much less time.

LTL

Thank you for the info. When I called the contractor, his concern was that the quote he put out was underpriced by the insurance claims assessor, by like $700. It was quoted with my H helping the construction owner, I don't know why he did it that way, but he did. So to get said construction guy to do it for less, I am going to run into problems.

But I am going to call my insurance company and discuss things with them to see what can be done.

Your contractor friend does not understand how the insurance claims process works best to properly compensate the homeowner for the full and proper value of the insurable loss.

The claim can get reopened at any time and supplemented for proper payments.

The insurance carriers try to baffle everyone with a very comprehensive cost database estimating program, (Which Is Managed By Insurance Board Members), and say this is all they can pay.

The actual Policy, which is a Legal Contract, states that they will pay the necessary and reasonable costs to bring the insured back to whole again, prior to the insurable incident.

One way to Maximize your claim to the proper amount, is to hire a Public Adjuster, who will pretty much guarantee substantially increasing the claim amount payable, even after their 10% fee is calculated in.

I typically find that I can increaseea damage claim from a minimum of 20% to 200% just by correctly identifying and including missed line items from the written scope of loss.

Look into it.

I have some nationwide PA friends I network with that could steer you in the right direction.

BUT..... The bottom line main point, is that you do NOT want your and his POSOW stepping foot back on YOUR Marital Residence.

Btw, a legal separation is about as time consuming and costly as filing for an actual divorce.

You can always slow the divorce down, or put a halt to it, IF you are the one to file the initial suit for dissolution of marriage. The Respondent never has that option, but the Plaintiff does.

LTL

G
OP Offline
G
I have some nationwide PA friends I network with that could steer you in the right direction.

Yes, please. My H always handled things like these, and I would appreciate any help I can get.....gladly!!

BUT..... The bottom line main point, is that you do NOT want your and his POSOW stepping foot back on YOUR Marital Residence.

I feel the same way! I do not want him here!!

You can always slow the divorce down, or put a halt to it, IF you are the one to file the initial suit for dissolution of marriage. The Respondent never has that option, but the Plaintiff does.

I like this idea. As long as it can be delayed, or stopped at any point of my choosing, I am good with that. Would a D vs a LS be something that would deter him from returning if he ever did turn himself around?

G
OP Offline
G
So, at this point, my next step would be to speak with my lawyer to get the ball rolling with the D, restraining order against POSOW and H, and then contact him, letting him know he is not allowed on the property.

Then hopefully by then I will have the mothers name, and contact her.

Then send out the Plan B letters? I found her address too, it's 4 PO Boxes over from mine in the same PO! Disgusting!

Then I am fully in Plan B, and my IM will deal with everything, only letting me know what I need to know.

L
L
What State are you in?

LTL

Page 18 of 41 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 986 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation