Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
L
L
Originally Posted by julesm
Is it possible to rebuild our marriage and for him to be "in love" with me again without full exposure???

It decreases the odds exponentially.

Others may go all the way to state that for sure it is impossible too.

If she is a good Nun, then she is very well versed in reconciliation, penance and forgiveness as well.

Since she is so well thought of by your Wayward Husband, she more than likely would be one of your most strategic allies in fighting this sin as defined in the Holy Commandments.

LTL

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
what i meant by a close cousin being a deal breaker is that a close cousin would be someone in our lives, close to our kids and family and that would be too much.

hurt@soconfused
J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
does everyone agree that i should expose? it really feels wrong! i know they are the ones in the wrong but should i really explode this bomb?

hurt@soconfused
C
C
Yes! Expose. It does feel counter-intuitive, but it is the best thing you can do for your marriage.

personal recovery
J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
ok i took the first step i forwarded the messages the ow sent me yesterday admitting to affair and being really nasty, to my 2 sister in laws, i feel sick!

hurt@soconfused
A
A
You are bring the truth to light. And you should DEFINITELY expose to your aunt who is a nun. This woman has made it her life's work to stand against evil. She will certainly want to stand against it in her own family.

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i feel like everything is more hopeless now than 5 weeks ago on dday!!

hurt@soconfused
J
J
i feel like everything is more hopeless now than 5 weeks ago on dday!!

Listen the most important thing is following a plan.
There is always hope.
In his book Leadership, Rudy Guliani explained the challenges he faced when terrorism struck NYC. I remember from the book how he explained he was tired and worn out, but still took time to read a little from Churchill and get some sleep.
He knew they had a plan (although it changed often) and he had hope they would get through it

Stick to the MB plan.

J
J
That maybe true but my wh is very close to his aunt and I know things would never be the same again he wouldn't be able to face her and this would hurt her a lot and she just lost her brother and sister

I thought A Few Good Men showed that people CAN handle the truth.

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i know i'm exhausted, physically and mentally worn out! i want to be able to sleep, eat and think about something other than this!!!

hurt@soconfused
J
J
i know i'm exhausted, physically and mentally worn out! i want to be able to sleep, eat and think about something other than this!!!

You need to finish all exposures

N
N
does everyone agree that i should expose? it really feels wrong! i know they are the ones in the wrong but should i really explode this bomb?

Everyone feels that way BEFORE they do it. You will feel better about it after you've done it and a few days passes. Eventually you will be glad you did it.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
B

Sorry jules. This is the reason why exposure needs to happen ASAP and shouldn't be dragged out. It's been 5-6 weeks since Dday and nothing could improve during that time. Exposure also helps you get a support system which any BS needs because it IS exhausting to deal with infidelity. Things will get better but the first steps need to happen or you will always be exhausted and anxious as nothing would change.

Hugs to you. Hang in there.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
A
A
When you forwarded the emails to your Sisters-in-Law did you also follow the sample letters they have on this site where you explain you are trying to save your marriage and looking for their support?

Remember, exposure is not just a tool to punish and humiliate - it is a tool to kill the affair, prevent future affairs, and get support for your marriage from family and friends. That's why you explain you want to save your marriage and need their support. And why you do it all at once - kaboom!

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
the truth is out! and i do feel better. i exposed on her side last night. i have had her brothers (who she looks up ) on the phone to me all morning expressing how disgusted they are, that shes band from all contact from our side of the family and they will be finished with her altogether if she tries to make any contact with me or wh.

hurt@soconfused
J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i did explain im trying to save our marriage and we cant move on if she is still in our lives. they support me 100%. thank god.

hurt@soconfused
I
I
Exposed to everyone? Kids too?

Exposures should hit them all at once. The addiction will lead them to mislead anyone missed out.

Well done!

Most people are supportive but it's also important to smoke out the unsupportive so you know who they are.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
julesm Offline OP
OP Offline
J
i did not expose to my children they are only 8&9 and i decided not to tell them. i am really hoping that things will change and all of this was the right thing to do.
when MB talks about withdrawl in WH does that mean that will probably happen from now?

hurt@soconfused
L
L
i did not expose to my children they are only 8&9 and i decided not to tell them. i am really hoping that things will change and all of this was the right thing to do.
when MB talks about withdrawl in WH does that mean that will probably happen from now?

Your children need to know the truth as to why there is turmoil in their home and lives. Otherwise, they look inside of themselves and feel they are partly to blame.

Do you want them to even partially feel that your husbands affair is partly due to them?

It is very simple.

You tell them that they need to know that Daddy is making wrong choices and married people are not supposed to date anyone else, and even though there are things You could have done better, cheating is NOT the way a good person should handle things instead of working on any problems.

They could be one of the greatest assets in breaking up the affair, but most importantly, they will know that Mommy is telling them the truth and they will know they can confide in you regarding deep feelings and issues, instead of sweeping things under the carpet, which is what you have currently decided to do.

LTL

B
B
Please read this and then explain why you won't expose to your children?
Exposing to Children

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation