Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2858741 06/26/15 01:59 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone.

I was just thinking the other day that I really should do a drive-by and say Hi to all my friends as it's now been 10 years since the worst time of my life when my wife went briefly nuts and had an affair.

10 years is like a drop i the ocean of time now - we have been married for 33 years this year - most of it happily.

Owe it all pretty much to Marriage Builders and the wonderful friends and support we found here.

What really prompted me to post I guess is that I found out the other day that the OM and his wife have now divorced. They were in a long term affairage - 20+ years but eventually the stink prevailed and they divorced.

After all this time, I must confess it's still something I think about often and the OM is someone I think about every day. It's just always with you. I know that's a horrifying thought for many people but it just 'is' - it's not something that I want to think about and it doesn't affect me emotionally - it just 'is'

My wife and I are very happy and in love. We are empty nesters and have been for some time. Life is Good and God is great.

Love to all my dear friends.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
bigk! It's so nice to hear from you! You were an inspiration to me when I came here, so desperate, and it's so good to hear that you and your wife are happy.

Thank you for dropping by.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Hi! I don't remember you from back then, but I do remember reading your posts on old threads. It's so great that you stopped back in, thank you!

Originally Posted by bigkahuna
but it just 'is' - it's not something that I want to think about and it doesn't affect me emotionally - it just 'is'
I never thought that I'd be able to say that I understand what you mean...but I think that I am beginning to get it.

Yes, thank God that Dr. Harley and Joyce saw fit to share their program so openly with so many people. And also a thank you to so many of the long term posters who freely share hours and hours of their time to help others.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
N
N
BigK!! What a nice surprise!!

So good to hear you & your W are happy together. You certainly deserve it. Yes, those nagging little memories seem to never be completely gone but at least they no longer rule our lives.

I've thought of you often and missed your postings on the forum. Thank you very much for the update!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
T
T
BigK--Great to hear from you, and even greater to hear that things are going well for you and your family! Best wishes from all the Neaks!

tl

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks friends. God Bless you all.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Good to see you around, bigk! I'm glad things are going so well. Don't be a stranger; we'd love to see you around more often!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
T
Good to hear from you. Though you staying away weakens the advice given here.

B
B
Nice to hear that things are going good for you and your wife. I remember you. So happy you were able to restore your marriage and keep your family together.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation