Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Originally Posted by Lovestarr6
Mind you we have friends, but they are all single and I do not trust any of them with my son to exchange him. We just moved back to our home state, so all of our reliable friends are still in the military and are out of state. Our case is unique which I hope you can advice me on.
I am sorry to say that you are not in Plan B at all! It is precisely because of the continuing contact that you find yourself in your present condition. You can certainly trust your friends to facilitate exchanges more than you can trust your WH not to use the opportunity of contact to mess with you!

Get in a real Plan B. The emotional protection it will afford you will give you hope for the future. If you stay as you are, expect more of the same.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
A
A
We don't have much, and I really can't afford a lawyer now that I am unemployed due to having to love away because of all this. He said we'd do a simple divorce. I don't even know what that means!

Don't trust him. Your divorce will not be simple. You need a lawyer of your own. Many will give you a free initial consultation. You need to protect yourself.

L
OP Offline
L
Ok let me make it clearer we have no friends who are not pot heads or worse. Not here in California. We just moved here so all of our friends are out of state. Really all we have is family and his now party friends

E
E
Ok let me make it clearer we have no friends who are not pot heads or worse. Not here in California. We just moved here so all of our friends are out of state. Really all we have is family and his now party friends

Hi...
Every state has an abuse hotline- call it.
They normally can tell you where the "safe" exchange places are.
Normally, police stations, certain gov. Counseling agencies, certain libraries etc have a safe place to exchange kids. You are going to have to get pro- active and call until you figure out a good place to exchange where you will never see him.
(They have this set up as folks with restraining orders cant see their ex partners but still need to exchange kids)
Now- go find out how to make this happen!

Second, your IM doesn't have to live near you. Use one of your friends from where-ever & protect yourself.

You can do this! It will be sooooo much better when you do!

Also: if your unemployed, the abuse shelter can help with FREE legal counsel. Do not Ever go into a divorce alone!!!! Esp if you are poor enough to be able to get free legal services.

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino
L
OP Offline
L
I'm iunsure of why you're reccomending for me to call an abuse line. My husband isn't abusive, never has, in this time he hasn't even yelled at me.

B
B
Can you move to your own place and then use his parents for child exchanges? Then you could get into a real Plan B.

If you are living with his parents, are you still sleeping with him?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

E
E
I'm iunsure of why you're reccomending for me to call an abuse line. My husband isn't abusive, never has, in this time he hasn't even yelled at me.

***EDIT***

Last edited by Toujours; 07/03/15 01:59 PM. Reason: TOS: personal attack

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino
L
OP Offline
L
I moved an hour away to my sister's house. I plan on getting my own place when I get this position I am waiting for. It will be more than enough pay for me to support myself and our son. We barely talk sooo intamcy definitely doesn't happen. I asked his mom if she would be the person of contact and she said she didn't want to be in the middle of our stuff. Everyone thinks we will work it out, and I really. Think anyone believes I am fed up with not being valued.

We talked yesterday, about life and our lack of having father figures....he even flirted with me... I didn't reciprocate. Just kept it friendly. I get whatever one is saying that is I keep it friendly I maybe making it worse for our reconsiliation, but his major complaint with me is that I wasn't his friend anymore and I never listened. If I cut him off, he will then be proven correct, won't he? Sorry I'm not fighting the program, just want to make sure I am doing this right.

Last edited by Lovestarr6; 07/03/15 06:12 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
Not sure what your reply was. Looks like it was taken down

Last edited by Lovestarr6; 07/03/15 06:12 PM.
L
L
Not sure what your reply was. Looks like it was taken

She was baffled that you are not going to use the Free Legal Resources and Other Aide offered by any Abuse or Womens Shelter.

Call them for advise and assistance, even though you do not feel any physical threats, they Still can help in many other ways.

LTL

L
OP Offline
L
Baffled why? I thought she labeled the situation abuse so I thought she was telling me to go there because she sensed something. Also, I never knew anyone could go to those resources for help. I figure it was only for abused women. Thank you for the information. I will research for my nearest aid, and confide in them for assistance and advice for divorce, if that happens.

L
L
Your welcome. You, like most that first come here, probably miss out on Vital information that gets posted to you.

I recommend going back to the very beginning of your topic thread and reading everything again, with a calmer, less anxiety ridden frame of mind, And take Notes and follow up on the pertinent suggestions, along with posting further for additional clarification if necessary.

LTL

B
B
Baffled why? I thought she labeled the situation abuse so I thought she was telling me to go there because she sensed something. Also, I never knew anyone could go to those resources for help. I figure it was only for abused women. Thank you for the information. I will research for my nearest aid, and confide in them for assistance and advice for divorce, if that happens.
Will your sister be your IM?

Good idea to look into a lawyer and possible aide.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
I can ask her. She's my twin so she's ver sensitive to me, and how I am feeling. I pray this is the right choice. Cutting off communication, even the little we do talk, seems like it'll a hurt me. I've already stopped checking his social media sites. The lack of confirmation of his affairs makes me feel like I am doing the wrong thing, but how do you deny emails and photos?? Well he does. I wish I could talk to someone one on one who has been through this exact thing. Every step of the way, because praying for him and improving myself hasn't worked at all. I feel he sees me as just another person now, nothing special. He says stuff like "I need to make money to take care of myself and our son"

L
OP Offline
L
I red everything. I stopped talking to friends about what's going on, so this and prayer are the only way I get my info and motivation to stay strong

L
OP Offline
L
Been in an actual plan B since last week. I have to say this is very painful to me. I see him making plans to have fun on fb with mutual friends, and those friends choose to not even talk to me anymore. How do I handle grieving the loss of my WH, and my friends? I'm sorry to say, but plan b has made me lose faith in our marriage. I can't sleep at night, and nights like last night are often. I cried for hours until I just fell asleep. I feel like I am doing something wrong, that will forever ruin my marriage's chances of reconsiliation.

A
A
Did you never expose? He is spinning fairy tales, if you didn't.

A
A
Just saw you did. You are not in Plan B if you look at his Facebook. Have you filed any legal action?

A
A
How did you expose?

B
B
Lovestarr6, have you read the info available here about Plan B? Did you send your husband a loving Plan B letter after you thoroughly exposed?

After doing those two things (exposure and Plan B letter), then you need to totally block any access that he has to you...and also any access that you have to him.

This must include your Facebook...if you are seeing details about him in your feed, then you need to remove those friends from your Facebook. Honestly, if they are still talking with him about plans, ignoring his behavior (accepting it), and not supporting you...then you don't want them as friends anyway, right?

I'm sorry for this pain. I didn't have to Plan B, but many others here did, and the beginning is the worst. Once you are totally dark for a couple of weeks, you will gradually start to feel better. BUT...each time that you see or hear news of him, it feels horrible again...so you definitely want to close up all of those gaps today.

Have you changed your phone number and email?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation