Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by apples123
Just saw you did. You are not in Plan B if you look at his Facebook. Have you filed any legal action?

I don't look at his fb, he has mutual friends with me of course and when he comments it shows on my feed. No legal action has been done, except odd speak with a lawyer for advice.

Last edited by Lovestarr6; 07/09/15 01:51 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013
Lovestarr6, have you read the info available here about Plan B? Did you send your husband a loving Plan B letter after you thoroughly exposed?

After doing those two things (exposure and Plan B letter), then you need to totally block any access that he has to you...and also any access that you have to him.

This must include your Facebook...if you are seeing details about him in your feed, then you need to remove those friends from your Facebook. Honestly, if they are still talking with him about plans, ignoring his behavior (accepting it), and not supporting you...then you don't want them as friends anyway, right?

I'm sorry for this pain. I didn't have to Plan B, but many others here did, and the beginning is the worst. Once you are totally dark for a couple of weeks, you will gradually start to feel better. BUT...each time that you see or hear news of him, it feels horrible again...so you definitely want to close up all of those gaps today.

Have you changed your phone number and email?

I did the plan b letter.
I have read a lot. I'm sure this is normal, but I feel my case is different that what I've been reading. He still hasn't admitted his cheating, or EA. He blames me.... He was nice to me two weeks ago, and then when he turns cold everyone on the form said to go into a real plan B, so I did. We have been separated now for a most 2 months, I feel he loves his new freedom. There is no real benifit of getting me back, so why would he.

Last edited by Lovestarr6; 07/09/15 01:53 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
How did you expose?

I called my in laws and told them. Everyone else got a message from me. And if they needed proof I have it to them.

B
B
Lovestarr, you gave him a chance to own up to his wrongs. When you gave him your Plan B letter, he knew what was required for you to be willing to stay in the marriage. He has a way back to the marriage if he chooses it.

When you exposed all around, did you ask for everyone's help in contacting him to ask him to end his affair(s)?

When a man chooses to leave the home to carry on an affair, it is very difficult for the betrayed wife. The wife cannot "pursue" the husband, because it is not attractive to a man and will not "win" him back. It is very painful to the woman, as you are finding out.

This is why it is vitally important for you to get yourself an IM, and you make it impossible for your husband to ever have further contact with you (and vice versa) unless and until he agrees to every requirement that you have stipulated for being willing to recover the marriage.

If he is "not having an affair", then it should be easy for him to agree to all of your requirements, right?

Sadly your case is not different. Are you thinking that it is different because you have children?

When you KNOW that he has had an affair(s) and he still won't admit it, that is not different at all...it is called lying. Every single wayward out there blames their spouse for their own sins. I'm sorry for your pain, but you must help yourself by sealing things up so that you hear nothing about him for this time.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
T
T
You can block him on FB so that it's impossible to see anything he posts. Go for it. Even I, the techno-dolt, have done it to people.

tl

P
P
Originally Posted by Lovestarr6
Just saw you did. You are not in Plan B if you look at his Facebook. Have you filed any legal action?

I don't look at his fb, he has mutual friends with me of course and when he comments it shows on my feed. No legal action has been done, except odd speak with a lawyer for advice.

Please delete facebook. I wrote a post on putting parental controls on your computer so you cannot make a dummy account later in the Plan B thread. Also, delete any other social media you may have that would link to him (twitter, instagram, etc). Also, if you need to block him and the OW as search terms in google. I actually have multiple blockers including blocklist, simple blocker, and stay focused (because they do different things) that are password protected by other people. Use Chrome instead of internet explorer, safari or mozilla if you can (chrome has the most blocking extensions). In fact, uninstall those other browers if you can. You can also download parental controls for your smart phone as well and have OTHERS password protect it.

He is projecting happiness and roses as many people do on facebook. This is even a known phenomenon. He has an added incentive to do this to make you even more miserable. Don't believe it and don't be miserable. Just block the temptation outright.

I had a heck of a time because my STBx and OW are social media junkies. I just decided I wasn't going to be even more miserable on their account and took away the temptation altogether. It is hard because social media is already designed to be addictive and then you have the urge to check up on him on top of it all.

Also, don't worry about the dumped friends. They will not matter to you in 6 months. They are more worried about their relationships with your WH than your family. Therefore, they should be dumped anyway.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet

Please delete facebook. I wrote a post on putting parental controls on your computer so you cannot make a dummy account later in the Plan B thread. Also, delete any other social media you may have that would link to him (twitter, instagram, etc). Also, if you need to block him and the OW as search terms in google. I actually have multiple blockers including blocklist, simple blocker, and stay focused (because they do different things) that are password protected by other people. Use Chrome instead of internet explorer, safari or mozilla if you can (chrome has the most blocking extensions). In fact, uninstall those other browers if you can. You can also download parental controls for your smart phone as well and have OTHERS password protect it.

He is projecting happiness and roses as many people do on facebook. This is even a known phenomenon. He has an added incentive to do this to make you even more miserable. Don't believe it and don't be miserable. Just block the temptation outright.

I had a heck of a time because my STBx and OW are social media junkies. I just decided I wasn't going to be even more miserable on their account and took away the temptation altogether. It is hard because social media is already designed to be addictive and then you have the urge to check up on him on top of it all.

Also, don't worry about the dumped friends. They will not matter to you in 6 months. They are more worried about their relationships with your WH than your family. Therefore, they should be dumped anyway.

Thank you!! That rally helped me a lot! And you're so right. I will deactivate my fb, delete the apps for it and IG. I need to stay strong, I need to stick to my guns. I started feeling thay this was my fault, maybe I shouldn't have refused him sex while were together, but I am remembered i didn't walk out, or cheat. He did

L
OP Offline
L
I am just going to deactivate my fb and all social media. I don't want to accidentally see pictures from nights out, or anything

P
P
I would recommend deleting facebook altogether. It's too easy to get back on in a moment of weakness.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
I would recommend deleting facebook altogether. It's too easy to get back on in a moment of weakness.

I work off of social media so to delete it would be to cut off my source of income. I have enough to stay afloat for a month but I would have to get back on eventually.

I
I
Blocking and unfriending joint contacts can work well.

You've changed your phone and email details too right?

What would you do if he sent you a letter or showed up at your job? You need plans to block any and all means of contact.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
OP Offline
L
I feel like there is no more hope. I feel like I messed up. By talking to people who didn't have my best interest at heart. Now I feel my whole marriage is gone. How can I help myself get over this pain? My husband is already out talking to different women, someone told me to check to see if we were still married. It was an old fling of his. She messaged me to check before we wrote back. I feel like I am loosing myself.

A
A
This is why you should change your phone number and email.

A
A
And get rid of social media.

A
A
My husband is already out talking to different women, someone told me to check to see if we were still married. It was an old fling of his. She messaged me to check before we wrote back.

He was already seeing women. Nothing has changed.

A
A
Please, stop torturing your self.

What are you doing to take care of you? Massages, nights out with friends, etc.

I highly recommend you read Indiegirl's initial thread, "Independent Behavior Nightmare.." start about halfway through to see how to Plan B.

A
A

L
OP Offline
L
You're so right. I just had a few hours with a girl friend, and I feel better. I need to do more of that.

A
A
Wonderful! You should take great care of yourself; that's what Plan B is for!

B
B
How did you expose?

I called my in laws and told them. Everyone else got a message from me. And if they needed proof I have it to them.
Who did you expose to on OW's side?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 86 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation