Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
D
Administrator
Administrator
D
A reminder to posters that the purpose of this forum is to help posters with MB concepts. It is not a platform for personal opinions and agendas. If you can help this poster find solutions using MB concepts, we encourage you to post. If not, please refrain from posting.

MBDenali@gmail.com
P
P
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Dajavude
Should I just get her phone somehow tonight when they stay somehow ?

If i could get proof on her phone then i could expose now?
Whatever it takes to get proof and find out who OM is, that is what your priority is.

Giving her a "life plan" isn't going to do anything for her when she's having an affair.

When you get her phone put spyware on it.

And when you finally get that proof, come back here before doing anything else.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
Originally Posted by markos
P.S. Get your thread moved over to Surviving an Affair.

Don't ignore this. Click Notify and ask the mods to move your thread.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

I
I
Is there anything i can do, an approach, that if she is wracked with guilt and crying etc, that i might be able to reach her to stop this some other way?

No - even though they have moments of incredible remorse they are powerless against the pull of the affair. This is an addiction we are talking about. The only thing that works is to publicly ruin the affair. If you personally try to strong arm her conscience she will not only resent you enormously but she will have to harden her conscience to escape. Once people do that they become monsters and don't feel any guilt whatsoever.

I was glad to hear she was crying because you may still have time to expose before her conscience hardens. She has been wayward a long time.

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
A wayward spouse is so trapped by the addiction that he or she does not have the will-power to do the right thing. Once in a while the fog lifts and the cruelty and tragedy of the affair hits the wayward spouse right between the eyes. In a moment of grief and guilt, he or she promises to end it. But then the pain of withdrawal symptoms often brings back the fog with all its excuses and rationalization, and the affair is on again

Every if you got through to her, she'd suffer such incredible withdrawal symptoms for her lover, her promise wouldn't last. You yourself thought you were done with her until you experienced withdrawal. Love is the most addictive brain chemical possible. Affairs are even more addictive than legitimate love. Until exposure ruins them.

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/31/15 02:28 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

D
D
She is staying in house tonight and my heart tells me I should vacate our bedroom, clean ensuite, and provide a meal for her and my stepson withou asking.

Not sure what you mean by "asking". But don't give her any clue that you know something's up until after you get proof and expose.

It's okay here to be a bit strategic in getting proof for the sake of saving the marriage.

I
I
She is staying in house tonight and my heart tells me I should vacate our bedroom, clean ensuite, and provide a meal for her and my stepson withou asking.

That sounds great.

DV: the cranes, the translated love notes, the poetry - you are clearly a romantic guy and this will definitely be a strength in the near future.

But trying to use romance against an affair is like whispering against the backdrop of a storm. She will simply be unable to register anything over her affair. Affairs are secret fantasies with no problems or even slight disagreements.

Also - is there any possibility your wife is snooping on you? It's sometimes done to protect the A. The recent guest on your thread sounded like she had a personal agenda. If so - hurry.

If Mrs DV is watching, pull up a chair and start your own thread smile

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/31/15 02:39 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
L
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
You are probably correct - it's all more than likely too late and a waste of time.

Actually, after seeing other opinions expressed with proper rational, I now am leaning towards the dually proposed minimized, yet consistent Daily gestures that both Marcos and Prisca expressed.

In THEIR variation, it is NOT Just One Big Grand Gesture.

It is showing consistency, WITHOUT being a ONE AND DONE gesture.

I like it.

Now, WHAT DR. HARLEY BOOKS HAVE YOU READ SO FAR, COMPLETELY, FROM FRONT COVER TO THE BACK?

You have avoided answering that question directly posted to you 2-3 times already.

LTL

P.S.
I have read your entire topic thread from Beginning to End.
Not very well then. I am not sure why my answering a question that I have answered before is relevent but just out of generosity of spirit, Love busters, his needs her needs, surviving an affair.

FYI if you yell at me again I'll just ignore any further input you provide.

WOW!!!

Maybe there is more to your situation that needs to be discussed.

A pattern usually gets observed which is very telltale when any poster completely skips and ignores the same question posed repeatedly.

Most of us want to know how much of Dr. Harley's writings you have Absorbed, so that if we feel you need to upgrade your knowledge base regarding Dr. Harley's professional perspective, then we could redirect the poster and request that they avail themselves to the full and comprehensive text that has been point by point written with the intent for clear and concise instantly useable instructions.

The reason that I specifically stated that I had read your entire thread, is that you had just recently berated and totally blown off another poster, in particular,one who consistently provides extraordinary advice. I was seeking to Ruffle your feathers in advance, because you seem very easily agitated.

So, which persona is the authentic version of you?

The one who after the fact would like to fold up 1,000 paper cranes and writes romantic poetry?

Or the one who blows his stack against anonymous posters, whom just do not want to see another human being have to endure the pain of a breaking down marriage and face the realistic probability that there spouse is having an affair?

Another point about stating that I had read your entire topic thread from beginning to end. I read EVERY Thread from beginning to end, yet I do not sit down and take notes about minute detail changes from one poster to the next. Most situations have So Many similarities to them, it's uncanny, due to the Nature Of The Addiction That Affairee Behavior Causes.

I read my content that I posted to you a couple of times over, so that if I needed to correct the way I deliver my messages, I can understand where I am responsible for conveying my thoughts incorrectly.

The ONLY thing that I could minutely conceive of being interpreted as "Yelling" at you, is the one sentence where I capitalized it asking which books you have read.

Seriously, wouldn't it have been so much simpler just to politely respond to the requests made by several posters instead of waiting for the "Yelling" at you to finally get you to update the posters with the answer.

By the way, although Capitalization may be a method for Shouting or yelling, I only use it on various words for emphasis. Especially when the majority of my posting are done from my cell phone. I just had Both of my knees replaced with new implants 2 weeks ago and was in the hospital for acute intensive rehab therapy and am now continuing my rehab from my Sisters home, so I have the availability to use an actual computer instead of my cell phone, hence the much longer post than usual.

So, now comes along another question asked repeatedly. Have you requested, by hitting the Notify Button, to have the Moderator move your topic thread to the more appropriate forum, entitled, Surviving An Affair yet?

LTL

S
S
Originally Posted by Prisca
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Should I just get her phone somehow tonight when they stay somehow ?

If i could get proof on her phone then i could expose now?
Whatever it takes to get proof and find out who OM is, that is what your priority is.

Giving her a "life plan" isn't going to do anything for her when she's having an affair.

When you get her phone put spyware on it.

And when you finally get that proof, come back here before doing anything else.

x2

I find the "denial" type of BS often sabotage affair fighting efforts by going off and following their own plans (such as confronting the WS) after they get some evidence. Please don't do that.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
D
OP Offline
D
Well she stayed overnight, they didn't eat the pumpkin soup, our only face to face interaction was her asking to talk to me where she wanted to advise me that all social contact with her son was to go through her because he was feeling uncomfortable with my new attention, and to stop leaving her cranes because they were not having the effect I desired and were making her feel uncomfortable.

They left shortly after and will be gone house sitting for three weeks.

I kept looking her eyes and all I could think of was wanting to hold her again. I want this pain to stop. Now.

P
P
I want this pain to stop. Now.
Did you find out who the OM is?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Prisca
Did you find out who the OM is?

No. I basically have no way of finding out if there is.

J
J
You need to move off your butt and fight this affair.

M
M

DV, we deal with men and women in this situation here all the time, sadly. It is like seeing people who have fallen into a vat of acid and are burning to death. It's tragic.

We have a plan to help you get out of the vat of acid, but you have got to keep moving and keep putting one foot in front of the other. You can't be saying "I can't." You have got to do the next step, and then the next step, and then the next step. I know it hurts, and I know it's like you are dissolving in a vat of acid, but we are telling you how to get out of it. Don't sit down in the acid and say "I can't."

If there's any spot where you stop and say "I can't," then that is the thing that is going to eat you alive. You're going to lose you marriage in the most painful way possible if you do not find out the identity of the OM. I promise you. If you aren't going to do this, then you had better just go ahead and file for divorce, because that would be less pain for you in the long run.

Find out the OM or get a divorce lawyer and make a quick end of this.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
No. I basically have no way of finding out if there is.

That is not true.

You are headed for some serious pain, DV, if you do not deal with this.

You've been telling us for weeks that you "can't deal with it," but if you take that approach then this thing is going to dissolve you whole and eat you alive. Better get out of it fast, or get through it fast, but don't sit there whining about it while it kills you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
They left shortly after and will be gone house sitting staying with another manfor three weeks.

I fixed that for you.

Do you want to stay married to this woman?

M
M
She is staying in house tonight and my heart tells me I should vacate our bedroom

Your heart has led you to a failing marriage and a cheating wife.

Are you ready to admit that like the rest of us you don't know jack about this and get some help? Or are you going to keep making it up as you go along?

M
M
DW, you need to see your doctor immediately and get him to prescribe some short term antidepressants so that you can stay rational and follow a plan to better your situation.

Otherwise you are just going to keep flitting around fiddling while Rome burns.

M
M
If you want to stay married to her, follow Marriage Builders by finding out who the OM is.

If you do not want to stay married to her, see a divorce attorney.

M
M
I went back to your first post and found this.

I also don't feel like I would be sufficiently motivated to dig in and restore the marriage were an affair involved.

There is an affair involved. Do you want to get a divorce, or keep your marriage?

M
M
On the first day you came here, you told us:

I have moved into a spare room

And I'm positive we told you that was ridiculous.

Yet here you are a month later still talking about getting out of the bedroom.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Are you ready to admit that Plan Dajavude doesn't work and try Plan Marriage Builders? FIND OUT WHO YOUR WIFE IS WITH.

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation