Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
P
P
I took him to the Doctor and the doctor gave him a preventative inhaler and a rescue inhaler.
But maybe the doctor, being an authority figure, can talk to him about the importance of taking his medication. Or maybe he has some ideas for you on how to get him to take the meds.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
I would take him to the doctor and tell the doctor the whole story, that you are having trouble getting your seven year old to use his medicine, and tell him your wife is telling him he doesn't have to use it and tel him the whole story of what your wife is doing, how she is in the fog, etc.

I'd ask the doctor's advice, and also ask him to speak to my child in the hopes that that could help him.

I'd also mention this to Dr. Harley - are you on the show tomorrow?

I think I'd also tell people about this, possibly your child's school and any other caregivers. I'd be tempted to make this a part of exposure - but I think I'd run that by Dr. Harley.

My wayward mother had a bad prescription drug addiction during her fog, and at one point she was loading up on asthma meds in my name after I had moved out. At one point the doctor told my dad she was ordering too much medication for my brother, as well.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by markos
I would take him to the doctor and tell the doctor the whole story, that you are having trouble getting your seven year old to use his medicine, and tell him your wife is telling him he doesn't have to use it and tel him the whole story of what your wife is doing, how she is in the fog, etc.

I'd ask the doctor's advice, and also ask him to speak to my child in the hopes that that could help him.

I'd also mention this to Dr. Harley - are you on the show tomorrow?

I think I'd also tell people about this, possibly your child's school and any other caregivers. I'd be tempted to make this a part of exposure - but I think I'd run that by Dr. Harley.

My wayward mother had a bad prescription drug addiction during her fog, and at one point she was loading up on asthma meds in my name after I had moved out. At one point the doctor told my dad she was ordering too much medication for my brother, as well.

I just finished w/ Dr Harley today.. please listen and tell me what you think.

Suggestion #1 was Plan A.. basically, as long as I can
Suggestion #2 was Separation (letting her see what divorce is like)
Suggestion #3 was Divorcing

We talked off line a bit about doing plan A much longer (years even) for the benefit of the kids. We did talked about personality... this is really someone that is going to be difficult to negotiate with because emotions are running her life (he suggested that I may be right about the PD).

We also talked about the affair... he thinks that she is still contacting the OM, but his view is that she realizes that it is never going to amount to anything. At this point, he may be just someone for her to talk to. She needs to be talking to me instead.

I will re listen to the show and see what else I can pick up.

Overall... it felt that this is more of a personality problem than an affair problem.

I left with the idea that I should do plan A... see where we can get things and how things are with more time of me meeting her need versus someone else and see if there is any improvement in her ability to negotiate.

T
OP Offline
T
Based on the suggestion above.. .I'm wondering if I could go to the school nurse, explain the situation and ask if she would be willing to do his inhalers with him at the beginning of school and before he leaves at the end of the day. Might that work?

T
OP Offline
T
Also.. I didn't tell the entire story. I had both my children in therapy which my WW has terminated and also Speech therapy which she also opposes.. Speech is on Saturday, so even though she tells him he doesn't have to go, I just pick him up, put him in the car and take him. My younger son took an ambulance ride and was in the Hospital last Spring for pneumonia that got out of control... he could have lost his life. He has has this twice in one year. His doctor said that leaving asthma untreated makes him more susceptible to this. It's completely logical that a reasonable parent would treat them for asthma... but my WW doesn't "feel" emotionally that the children should have to take medicine if they don't want to. We talked a lot about emotions running. We talked a lot about emotions being in control with Dr. H. We didn't get into all this, but it's also a reason why my WW is dangerous (in my opinion) for these kids. If she does rebuild her love bank for me more.. I hope her emotional need to be permissive with the children will subside.. I will keep trying to do that. In the mean time, I will need to care for these kids the best I can even if it means outsmarting her and doing some things behind her back. I need to do my best for them.

A
A
Sometimes nebs can be easier to take atthat age. Call and ask the pediatrician explaining the situation.

A
A
This is a situation in which you should ignore your wife's wishes. Your son needs his meds.

Markos- you would be shocked at the number of people who don't take their meds. Inhalers and insulin especially.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by apples123
Sometimes nebs can be easier to take atthat age. Call and ask the pediatrician explaining the situation.

Basically that is what I have for him (I think)... it's a big plastic contraption that they breath into 5 times per 1 puff of the inhaler. He is just cranky in the morning or want to watch TV or something like that and he doesn't want to deal with it. A 7-year old is just not going to be rational when mom tells him he doesn't need to do it and dad does.

At school.. it may be a whole different story if he gets to take a few minutes out of class and feel special.. and also doing this with a someone who is not his parent. Then.. also, I will not look like the bad guy. I like this idea.. (of doing it at the school)when / if my wife finds out she may get mad.. but the other thing that may be good is that my wife will realize that there is some level of public embarrassment and accountability if she will not take proper care of the kids.. namely that the school is going to know about it.

A
A
That's a spacer.Nebulizers use liquid formulations. Again - ask the pediatrician.

T
OP Offline
T
That's a spacer.Nebulizers use liquid formulations. Again - ask the pediatrician.

I will need to take him to the doctor.. I'm starting to get terrified just thinking about this... I will take him in behind mom's back.. she is going to be really mad.. .and do I try to keep this a secret from her (tell my son not to tell her) or go the honesty route... either way, I'm going to be in BIG trouble if / when she finds out!

A
A
You should be very careful. You are also his parent. You too can get in trouble for neglect if you are not giving your son his meds. CPS doesn't give a flip that your wife wants control of this.

Go to his doctor so you have documentation. But the doctor is likely to tell you if your won't give the boy his meds, you must do so.

T
OP Offline
T
You should be very careful. You are also his parent. You too can get in trouble for neglect if you are not giving your son his meds. CPS doesn't give a flip that your wife wants control of this.

Go to his doctor so you have documentation. But the doctor is likely to tell you if your won't give the boy his meds, you must do so.

His doctor is not the best, I would say (at least at raising an alarm)... he wakes up in the morning coughing and was waking up in the middle of the night coughing. We tried allergy medicine first because he has a lot of nasal drip going on, then I kept bringing him back in (while my wife was off having her affair) and the Doctor caught the wheezing. This happened because I was persistent. After a few weeks of both allergy medicine and the inhalers, I seemed to have it under control. He spent a week with Mom and didn't take his inhalers once..and it all seemed to come back. No one is saying that his life is in danger, but the fact that a 7 year is coughing like a smoker tells me that something is not right and it should be dealt with. The school also told me that he was coughing excessively after activity in the gym one day when I picked him up. With CPS.. it just becomes he said / she said. My wife says there is no problem. I am just about to cry right now because I just want to help my kids and she stands in the way... it's so hard to imagine a Mom like that. I feel so helpless.

W
W
Im honestly horrified that you want to stay with a woman who has not only cheated on you, but is NEGLECTING and actually, medically abusing your children. Please don't stop giving your son his medication and taking him to speech therapy, no matter what your wife wants.

BW-27
FWH-31
DS-6
Married several years
D-Day- 11/22/13
Plan A+Exposure
NC+Beginning of Recovery-04/2014

In Recovery and happier and more in love than ever
M
M
Originally Posted by typicalman
Based on the suggestion above.. .I'm wondering if I could go to the school nurse, explain the situation and ask if she would be willing to do his inhalers with him at the beginning of school and before he leaves at the end of the day. Might that work?

I'd do it. It might not solve the situation, but it helps get the situation documented. That's another reason I'd talk to a doctor again as well. Tell everyone plain and simply that your wife is trying to prevent your son from taking prescribed medication.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
R
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with theses WW mothers? I am a lose for words what thy are willing to do to there own kids. Thus includes my WW and my kids.
And this power trip stuff. Ahhhh.....

BH 34
D-Day- 6/2015
Married 4 years
DD 11 and 4
DS 1
Plan A+Exposure

R
R
Hey, I listen to the you on the show, I don't remember anything about the kids being brought up.
Anyway, I feel your pain I am were you are it sounds like with my WW, we're she down right hates me and I can't get her to go out with me. Her affair ended it looks like, but instead of coming back she desided to join a dating site and is out meeting guys.

And her care of the kids is not there anymore. My step daughter seems to have gotten her anger and has hurt her.

BH 34
D-Day- 6/2015
Married 4 years
DD 11 and 4
DS 1
Plan A+Exposure

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Yes! this was the show.

I wrote a couple weeks ago and didn't bring up the issues with the children.

The other thing happening a lot is that each time the children fight or one of them gets hurt, mom says "what did dada do to you" ... "did dada punch you?, let me see it"... "did dada say a bad word"... 95% of the time my children say "no, Dada didn't do anything, this is what happened.." about 5% of the time they blame me for something to help get themselves out of trouble. It's truly bizarre behavior and I would imagine it confuses the children quite a bit. I really feel that something is really wrong and I'm considering calling child protective services... I'm just concerned that they are going to laugh at me because there is no physical harm and then it will be he said, she said.

You can hear Dr. Harley's hypothesis on the show about my wife... namely that she felt that I didn't care about her and justified her affair. At one point right before the break, Dr. Harley mentioned that "there may be something deeper going on" and I think there is something very much not right.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Ron_C
Hey, I listen to the you on the show, I don't remember anything about the kids being brought up.
Anyway, I feel your pain I am were you are it sounds like with my WW, we're she down right hates me and I can't get her to go out with me. Her affair ended it looks like, but instead of coming back she desided to join a dating site and is out meeting guys.

And her care of the kids is not there anymore. My step daughter seems to have gotten her anger and has hurt her.

It's very sad... my wife refuses to wear her wedding ring (she claims to have pawned it). You can hear on that show that she didn't even mention my name at her reunion... she was really looking for an affair. Her angry outbursts are off the charts now. I'm getting afraid that she is going to hurt one of the children.. she gets to the point where she almost hits them.. then she makes up with them and turns to blame me for causing their behavior. I believe that my wife is really sick.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by typicalman
Originally Posted by Ron_C

It's very sad... my wife refuses to wear her wedding ring (she claims to have pawned it). You can hear on that show that she didn't even mention my name at her reunion... she was really looking for an affair. Her angry outbursts are off the charts now. I'm getting afraid that she is going to hurt one of the children.. she gets to the point where she almost hits them.. then she makes up with them and turns to blame me for causing their behavior. I believe that my wife is really sick.

One of the things Dr Harley and Joyce mentioned a few times is to keep trying even though you get rejected. At some point, you just get numb to it... but I wonder if it makes a difference. At one point yesterday, I said " I say this because I care about you"...I got a really strange stare for a while.

Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation