Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
P
P
My gut says something is wrong... but what???
YOU'RE A DISRESPECTFUL JERK TO YOUR WIFE.
You could change that, if you would listen to those posting to you instead of argue.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Here is his show apples123.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
I thought so but there are so many details that TM isn't discussing here I had to check.

B
B
Originally Posted by apples123
I thought so but there are so many details that TM isn't discussing here I had to check.
Yes, I hear you there.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by typicalman
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Yes! this was the show.

I wrote a couple weeks ago and didn't bring up the issues with the children.

The other thing happening a lot is that each time the children fight or one of them gets hurt, mom says "what did dada do to you" ... "did dada punch you?, let me see it"... "did dada say a bad word"... 95% of the time my children say "no, Dada didn't do anything, this is what happened.." about 5% of the time they blame me for something to help get themselves out of trouble. It's truly bizarre behavior and I would imagine it confuses the children quite a bit. I really feel that something is really wrong and I'm considering calling child protective services... I'm just concerned that they are going to laugh at me because there is no physical harm and then it will be he said, she said.

You can hear Dr. Harley's hypothesis on the show about my wife... namely that she felt that I didn't care about her and justified her affair. At one point right before the break, Dr. Harley mentioned that "there may be something deeper going on" and I think there is something very much not right.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

A
A
She should feel that way . he hasn't done anything to show her he cares.

A
A
His "my way is the only way" approach to marriage is coming back to bite him in the butt.

A
A
I also understand now why your legal position is so weak considering the things your wife did.

You are controlling and abusive. You cut this woman off from all support other than you then tried to convince her she was crazy. Its like you read a manual on how to gain control over your spouse.

If my sister's husband treated her the way you treat your wife, I would be on a plane to move her and her kids in with me tonight.

A
A
With regard to her complaints, the move is probably her biggest obstacle. Are you addressing this?

T
OP Offline
T
I also understand now why your legal position is so weak considering the things your wife did.

You are controlling and abusive. You cut this woman off from all support other than you then tried to convince her she was crazy. Its like you read a manual on how to gain control over your spouse.

If my sister's husband treated her the way you treat your wife, I would be on a plane to move her and her kids in with me tonight.

It's the oposite... one thing that was wrong on Dr Harleys show...she did not go run to her mom's house... she rented an apartment 2 hours away from her mom and less than 1 mile from the OM.

In terms of controlling and abusive...what are you talking about. My wife always does what she wants to do whether I like it or not. She traveled by herself and had an affair... multiple times. I completely trusted her. Please let me know what you are talking about.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by typicalman

It's the oposite... one thing that was wrong on Dr Harleys show...she did not go run to her mom's house... she rented an apartment 2 hours away from her mom and less than 1 mile from the OM.

In terms of controlling and abusive...what are you talking about. My wife always does what she wants to do whether I like it or not. She traveled by herself and had an affair... multiple times. I completely trusted her. Please let me know what you are talking about.

Also... what do you mean "cut her off" .. did you listen to the show... she was free to use facebook, the phone, and traval all she wanted... she had my 100% trust. This was my mistake I now know. I do not live near my family either...so what? We did not live near family before we moved either.

T
OP Offline
T
With regard to her complaints, the move is probably her biggest obstacle. Are you addressing this?

Yes... we talked about moving... there is a place we mutually agreed to move... now she does not want to move...it's really weird

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Prisca
My gut says something is wrong... but what???
YOU'RE A DISRESPECTFUL JERK TO YOUR WIFE.
You could change that, if you would listen to those posting to you instead of argue.

Yes.. I me asking my wife if she had a "plan" was disrespectful. I stopped doing that. Last night we talked and I simply said that I simply was not going to make assumptions about what she was going to do or what would make her happy but if she wanted to tell me.. I am simply here to listen and help her.

What is weird here as Dr Harley has said, women usually have a plan for divorce long before they actually do it... but, in this case, there seems to be no plan.

This makes me suspicious of some possibilities. ..
Does she plan to take the kids and run again?
Is the other man waiting in the wings to move down here with her once we get the divorce done?
What could she be up to?

Also, I don't think my wife would complain that I try to make her feel "crazy".... that has never ever come up. I have never ever talked to her in any way about any kind of mental problem. When conversation comes up that approaches anything about her erratic behavior.. I just change the subject or pretend it didn't happen.

My therapist who has spent time with both of us says that my wife does not act like an abused woman in any way.

Anyway.. I am really trying. I asked her out on a date twice yesterday... she did not say no, it's just hard to find any time to schedule it. I keep asking though.

T
OP Offline
T
I just wanted to post something about plan A....

I have been in plan a for almost a year now. The main thing I have changed was to meet her top emotional needs. I eliminated demands and anger. I still struggle with DJ'S obviously. .. but, if you talk to her, these are her biggest complaints...

She wants 100% of my paycheck
I filed divorce on her so that has been hanging over her head

By the way...we went out last night. She said that she has a lot of fun. She talked our first date... we laughed at our kids together. I am a fun guy for her to be out with... and we have a fun family dynamic. She has been more affectionate towards me... we've hugged. It's just weird though...like I am waiting for her to turn on me.

A
A
Keep doing that! Good job.

A
A
Generally in Plan A, you don't talk about divorce.

Cut-off = no job, no family, no friends, 1000+ miles from home.

A
A
Perhaps someone who has done Plan A could advise you about what you should do about the divorce. Or you could write Dr. Harley. I don't feel qualified to tell you if you should end that. Though you could always refile later.

Individual counselors can be very harmful to marriage. Be careful with that.

A
A
I encourage you to read some of Prisca's and Markos's threads, old and new. Their situation was once similar to yours but they have turned it around. I've learned a lot from them.

T
OP Offline
T
Generally in Plan A, you don't talk about divorce.

Cut-off = no job, no family, no friends, 1000+ miles from home.

No family, no friends... I am in the same boat as her on that one.

No job... I know there is that dynamic of being a stay at home mom. Staying at home was her "dream", and by working hard, I made that dream a reality for her. I also have us in a very affluent area with lots of other stay at home moms... she met several other moms through the kids. There were play dates, mom's day outs, and she had met many other friends and moms. She did not open up to them much though.

Personally, her lifestyle, staying at home is not something I could do. It would drive me crazy... I need to get out of the house. It made her happy though.

A couple years ago, I encouraged her to get back in the workforce... she really didn't want to...

A
A
You also reneged on your commitment to move back home if she wasn't happy.

As far as the being in the same boat, you aren't because you were the one who talked her in to moving so you could have the job you wanted. You said so in your show.

ETA; You also misrepresented her leaving when you first started posting. You never mentioned that the place she moved is the place YOU HAD PROMISED to return her to if she was unhappy. The area you used to live, the place she considers home. You made it sound like you were completely surprised and she only did it to be near the OM. But that isn't the truth.

Have you relistened to your show yet? Listen to the things you say. I told her...it wasn't a good time until 3 years...I only submitted resumes locally (aka the place my wife wants to leave.)

Last edited by apples123; 12/05/15 08:23 AM.
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation