Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by armymama
Originally Posted by needinput
I don't think his superiors will do anything about this affair.

Push them for a no contact order. It should be simple since he is in US and she in Korea. Then, if he is caught communicating with her, he will open himself up to more trouble.

I will ask again. I asked before but they have said anything to him. He was so scared before this meeting and now he is happy. Again, started to treat me disgusting (gas-lighting me).

N
OP Offline
N

Push them for a no contact order. It should be simple since he is in US and she in Korea. Then, if he is caught communicating with her, he will open himself up to more trouble.

They cannot catch him communicating with her. They would have to monitor his phone or email. They won't do that. Apparently, everyone knows and no one says anything about it.

Last edited by needinput; 02/26/16 04:59 PM.
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by WrestlerChemist
Maybe not - but it stresses the affair partners out so much that the affair itself dies anyways.

I can only imagine how much it stressed him out, even I could not sleep or function the day before and during the meeting.

M
M

His 1st Sgt. told me that my husband has said that he has not been and is not currently involved in an affair and that he is even eager to come see me. Yeah right, he is eager to come here to start the divorce process. His Sgt. released him after a 15 min meeting.

And did oyu disabuse him of this notion and tell him the truth? Did you tell him that your H was in touch with his adultery partner just yesterday? I don't understand why you aren't helping yourself out here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

They typically extend a no contact order and that is what you should push them for. Have you heard back from them today? Did you tell the commander about his threats?

No, no contact order is usually issued in the case of me and my husband in case he becomes violent and I fear for my safety. I was told they will do investigation regarding the affair - I told them everyone in the unit knows and nothing was done about it. I did not say anything about the threats. I need to find out some info and will probably be doing this next week. I am too exhausted from all this drama. I need a break.
\

The no contact order to which I am referring is issued for the affair partners. Was that done?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
I just talked to my husband. He now tells me there is no affair partner. In fact, he said that he made up the AP because it would be easier for him to end our relationship. I reminded him that I have seen her picture and some of her messages on his phone and he cannot tell me that she never existed. I am starting to think that he is making things up in his mind or distorting and mixing both his fantasy world and the reality. He is believing his own lies. May be coming out of the fog.

After reminding him that I have seen her texts and she still exists, he repeated that he is not in an affair. So I asked him if she did something wrong or she just pulled back after finding out last night that I have called his command. Either this is a play or it could be true, not sure. He refuses to tell me anything. Two days ago he claimed to love her and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He was telling me that it would be about 1.5 years until he could possibly see her.

Today, he said he feels empty inside and that he gave everything from himself and now he wants to be a single man. He does not want to be involved in any relationship with anyone. He listed all my negative traits (I and the AP are exact opposites of each other) - said that I am too authoritative and too independent and type A personality, I have been in school all these years, I wok too much, we have no kids, he does not love me anymore, is not attracted to me, is tired of the life we have been living together for all these years, he wants a different life. He said he will be divorcing me for sure sooner or later and I complicate things for him financially if he continues to be married to me.

N
OP Offline
N
And did oyu disabuse him of this notion and tell him the truth? Did you tell him that your H was in touch with his adultery partner just yesterday? I don't understand why you aren't helping yourself out here.

No, I am exhausted. I need a break from all this.

N
OP Offline
N
The no contact order to which I am referring is issued for the affair partners. Was that done?

Not done. I asked for it but not done.

Last edited by needinput; 02/26/16 08:12 PM.
A
A
Typical FOG talk. All Waywards use the same script. It's like there's a manual out there that they all stumble upon. Waywards can't be trusted while in the fog.

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
WH filed divorce 11-23-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
M
M
I just talked to my husband. He now tells me there is no affair partner. In fact, he said that he made up the AP because it would be easier for him to end our relationship. I reminded him that I have seen her picture and some of her messages on his phone and he cannot tell me that she never existed. I am starting to think that he is making things up in his mind or distorting and mixing both his fantasy world and the reality. He is believing his own lies. May be coming out of the fog.

After reminding him that I have seen her texts and she still exists, he repeated that he is not in an affair. So I asked him if she did something wrong or she just pulled back after finding out last night that I have called his command. Either this is a play or it could be true, not sure. He refuses to tell me anything. Two days ago he claimed to love her and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He was telling me that it would be about 1.5 years until he could possibly see her.

Today, he said he feels empty inside and that he gave everything from himself and now he wants to be a single man. He does not want to be involved in any relationship with anyone. He listed all my negative traits (I and the AP are exact opposites of each other) - said that I am too authoritative and too independent and type A personality, I have been in school all these years, I wok too much, we have no kids, he does not love me anymore, is not attracted to me, is tired of the life we have been living together for all these years, he wants a different life. He said he will be divorcing me for sure sooner or later and I complicate things for him financially if he continues to be married to me.

You need to go into Plan B and stop talking to him. What is exhausting you is talking to this lying falling down drunk. Do you understand how Plan B works?

Exposure 101

M
M

No, I am exhausted. I need a break from all this.

Apparently not becuase you continue to do completely unproductive things like talk to your lying, fogged out husband. You should ask the Commander to issue a no contact order like they typically do.

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
You need to go into Plan B and stop talking to him. What is exhausting you is talking to this lying falling down drunk. Do you understand how Plan B works?

So you still think he is in an affair? I am starting to believe that she probably pulled back. The reason I am saying this is because two days ago he was telling me that he is very happy. Also, in the past he would always say he loves another woman and wants to be with her. He seemed to be really upset today. Now, he claims not to be in an affair. So I really think something happened. He told me he does not trust anyone anymore and that he thinks I have a recorder on my phone and told me he will tell me everything in person.

Last edited by needinput; 02/26/16 08:29 PM.
M
M

So you still think he is in an affair? I am starting to believe that she probably pulled back. He seemed to be really upset.

hmmmmm now why would a lying liar tell you lies about his affair? Who has the greatest reason here to LIE? think

I don't believe for a minute you are that naive. If you believe that then you are clearly in denial.

Exposure 101

M
M
He has had 2 days to gaslight you and it is working. I can tell he has a history of feeding you nonsense and you have a history of accepting the most ridiculous lies. This is part of the problem.

Exposure 101

N
OP Offline
N
He has had 2 days to gaslight you and it is working. I can tell he has a history of feeding you nonsense and you have a history of accepting the most ridiculous lies. This is part of the problem.

No, before the affair he has not lied. I am not sure in what sense you mention "history" here.

N
OP Offline
N
So you still think he is in an affair? I am starting to believe that she probably pulled back. The reason I am saying this is because two days ago he was telling me that he is very happy. Also, in the past he would always say he loves another woman and wants to be with her for the rest of his life. He seemed to be really upset today. Now, he claims not to be in an affair. So I really think something happened. He told me he does not trust anyone anymore and that he thinks I have a recorder on my phone and told me he will tell me everything in person. I don't know what to believe anymore. I could be in a denial, as you mentioned Melody.

Last edited by needinput; 02/26/16 08:34 PM.
M
M
So you still think he is in an affair? I am starting to believe that she probably pulled back. The reason I am saying this is because two days ago he was telling me that he is very happy. Also, in the past he would always say he loves another woman and wants to be with her for the rest of his life. He seemed to be really upset today. Now, he claims not to be in an affair. So I really think something happened. He told me he does not trust anyone anymore and that he thinks I have a recorder on my phone and told me he will tell me everything in person. I don't know what to believe anymore. I could be in a denial, as you mentioned Melody.

You are foggier than him if you believe that. And are clearly in denial. He has changed his story because he doesn't want to get in trouble of course.

What has happened is that you busted him and he knows he will get in trouble.

Exposure 101

A
A
Yes, he is still in an affair! If she has cooled things down, it's because she found a better target in Korea. You said it yourself that he thinks you are recording him. So, of course, he will not admit to an affair.

Have you read/learned about Plan B? Go into Plan B ASAP.

Persist with the command. Tell them you want no contact between H and sleazy OW.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M

No, before the affair he has not lied. I am not sure in what sense you mention "history" here.

Of course he has a history of lying. He lied to the military just yesterday.

Exposure 101

A
A
Did you read the link about gaslighting? Pretty typical wayward behavior from your husband.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 509 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation