Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
M
OP Offline
M
Oh I'm in Alabama... Well I'm in NC she's in Alabama and that is where we will be in court.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
B
B
Originally Posted by NebDane
you need an attorney.

These legal troubles will follow you, background checks for jobs, etc. Get ahead of them now!
This is your future and the futures of your children, PROTECT IT.
Yes this. Can you contact a father's advocate group to see if they can help you with a lawyer or legal issues?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
Did the affair happen in NC? If so, hire a lawyer and sue the POSOM for alienation of affection.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by nmwb77
Did the affair happen in NC? If so, hire a lawyer and sue the POSOM for alienation of affection.

I wish it did, but no it happened in AL.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by ManKeepingHisFam
Originally Posted by nmwb77

I wish it did, but no it happened in AL.

no I wish it didn't at all! But I could have had legal action, for wich now I don't.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
M
OP Offline
M
It has been quite a while since I was on here. I have spent the last several months avoiding any and all conversations with WS except for those directly related to the children's benefit. I have had several weak moments where I wanted to know why this is happening. Never blaming or accusing her of wrong doing. Very apologetic each time. I still have the MB Radio app on my phone. I don't listen to it as often as I would like. I have been in a very dark state since I was here last though. Keeping only to myself. I moved back to city where WS lives and her and I share custody. No real change has happened between her and I. The court date scheduled for the Domestic Violence charges on me have been continued till this Wednesday, because she didn't show for the last one. She told me she was going to, but the judge got mad and continued it anyway. I have sent her a few messages saying that I forgive her, always staying positive and never blaming her. When my children stay with me, they tell me the dismal state that she is in and the OM is exactly what I thought he is... Very controlling, angry, and lazy. She will leave him in the next week or two according to her mother.

My lawyer has stated that she may be brought up on charges for falsifying a police report. I do not want this. I have prepared a statement for closing arguments that I would like for the forum to read and provide comments. Yes, I still very much love her and want her back. But I know it has to be her want and will to start this program and come back to me. She is still hostile with me at times. She has a part time job and I still have not found work and lost my car. I'm not even sure if I am datable. During my darkness... I quit the MB program. I lost my hope... Please read the below:
Your Honor, Mr Prosecutor,
This is the first time I have laid eyes on my precious wife since September 21st, 2015. Thats 212 days 5084 hrs, approximately. This is an absolute lifetime if not 3. But this all didn't start in September. There has never been any history of abuse, we never fought, and family and friends would swear to you that we had the perfect marriage. But the signs where there, and like WS will tell you, I didn't listen. The fact is, I neglected her. I took her for granted. I never valued her opinion over my own. We lost a child in 2011 and my grieving to stay as busy as humanly possible, was completely different from her own. I resented her for it. I was far from the greatest husband I thought I was and those around us thought. I finally learned this in January of 2015. She asked me for a divorce, but I wouldn't give it to her. I decided then that I would change. I opened books, went on marriage building forums, started seeing councilors, sought forgiveness and tried to make amends, but it was already too late. Just when our marriage started to become the very best it has ever been in, May of that year, tragedy struck her family and we took on the responsibility of care taking for a whole other family. This tripled our stresses and financial burdens. Utilities were being cut off and future plans to rebuild our life were put on hold. There is no question in my mind why this wouldn't drive her into another man's arms, especially it being September. But what brought this case to light was more sinister than her betrayal. When I found her in his bed, the look on her face and the expression in her eyes told me that she had gotten her revenge. So I made the same mistake I have made time and time again. If she is going to hurt me, than I must do the same to her. I stood there and told her that she had lost everything. That she no longer had a choice. When I got home, I called her and did it again. I further proved that when I took the kids to NC. These were actions taken by a broken man. It was never my intent to take her kids from her. With no job, no family, and very few friends here in WS's hometown, I had to do what was best for my children and I. I knew that would destroy her, but I felt I had no choice. I never touched her. But I think we can agree that what I did was far worse.

Since that day, I have been in absolute turmoil. I have been treated like a criminal, shunned from family and friends, relocated, homeless, penniless, and have all but lost the will to live. I told myself for 4 months that Karma would seek out its revenge and that I would find the justice I craved so dearly. What I didn't realize until late, was that Karma is doing exactly that, but opposite of my own disillusion. Everything that I have done to her in our 13 years of marriage is coming back on to me. She was and is a great woman, the perfect spouse, mother, and partner I could ever want. Her patience and love for me got us through more heartaches and troublesome times than any other woman could have. She is loved by everyone around her. But what she did to me and this court was out of pure desperation. Her boy friend's Niece coerced and helped her developed a plan to not only get her kids back, but also provide a foundation for her to get a free lawyer for the pending divorce, and it worked. I do not agree with nor condone the actions and decisions that were made. But I understand and agree with why they were made. I love this woman with all my heart and soul. I know we can come back from this. Ultimately though, the choice is hers. But I will not be involved in any more strife or actions against her. I forgive her for all that has happened and I pray that one day she will forgive me. With this being said, I petition this court to drop all charges and pursue no other legal action. Thank you.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
L
L
Let your lawyer do the talking for you.

If you say that crap in court, on record, she has recorded documentation of you basically admitting taking your children away from her.

Plus, you may wind up in jail.

Quit being a martyr by throwing yourself on the sword verbally and Shut Up.

LTL

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
Let your lawyer do the talking for you.

If you say that crap in court, on record, she has recorded documentation of you basically admitting taking your children away from her.

Plus, you may wind up in jail.

Quit being a martyr by throwing yourself on the sword verbally and Shut Up.

LTL
This is a domestic violence charge... Me taking the kids to NC shows motive as to why she filed false charges... Why would I go to jail?

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
M
OP Offline
M
LearnedTooLate... I think I finally understand what you are trying to say. What I am trying to figure out though...

Her and I have FINALLY started to communicate civilly. She is no longer being hostile to me, but then again, her current relationship is failing too... I have maintained the "nice guy" attitude. I'm not trying to be loving or romantic. Just yes ma'am and no ma'am, thank yous and I'm sorrys. I know, I'm not supposed to be in contact with her except to discuss the welfare of the kids. I have kept it to this. Communication has been halted dealing with anything relationship wise between me - the intermediary - and WS. My first intermediary quit. The new one is ok... But I stopped trying to talk to her about us, because it wasn't helping matters any.

Drinking is completely gone in my life. I know I will never have my wife back with that in my life or hers. I have some leads on a few jobs and a car. I know if I don't get my life straightened out, she won't even look at me. These are all love busters. In fact, I am very mindful of any love busters and avoid them at all costs. Reading the above statement that I created for the courts, I found several love busters.

The ultimate goal is to get my marriage back. I am well aware that if she is still completely against it, she is still with him, or if I offer love busters, this will never work and any love deposits will not take effect. Please offer any further guidance you wish to share. I am completely open to criticism too.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
M
OP Offline
M
So it seems I am talking with myself now. I hope that my temper or rants, or maybe it is pure ignorance that has drove so many people out of my life. I have some exciting news to share. Recent events have provided bliss and heartache. The charges against me have been dropped. My bride has fully accepted my final letter and has decided to move back in with me, with the children on the condition that we are just roommates for now. This is extremely difficult for me, but I am trying to maintain a positive atmosphere. This has given me new life!

However, I am already pushing her away. She still loves this guy, but can't live in his world. She and I have taken all the steps we know of to break off contact, changed phone numbers, blocked on social media (soon to be deactivated for both of us), and moved her completely out of their house. Yet she still cries for him. She doesn't know if she made the right choice coming home. She is extremely depressed. The sound of my voice irritates her at times or even what I say. But it kills me! She has told me to give her time and give her space while she works on this. She stated that she doesn't want to be in another relationship while she still has feelings for him. I am greatly offended by this but have not told her. Last night I took her phone while she was trying to sleep. I read messages that broke my heart that were to him while she was moving out. I brought them to her attention directly, but this upset her greatly because it showed her lack of trust on my part. I admit, this was a bad move. She told me today that she wants to be there when I go through her phone. I agreed never to go behind her back again. She stated to him in the messages that she still loves him and if it doesn't work out between us that she will come back to him. I couldn't handle this. I did not get loud or lose my temper. She told me that she was messaging him while moving to keep him calm and civil. I didn't think it would be like that! Now that we have completely blocked him from contacting my wife, he is now texting my mother-in-law with rather hateful slander toward me and her.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but wasn't the affair with my wife? Why do I feel like I am the one who had the affair? Why am I being told that I have to watch my back in public?

Alcohol and drugs are completely out of our lives and we have taken a vow to rebuild this marriage with God as our foundation. Her and I are trying to leave the last 8 months as a separation and what happened during is hush hush....

She is ready to start the program. Where do we start?

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
S
S
She is ready to start the program. Where do we start?
You start where Jon started, when Sue moved back with him only because she had nowhere else to go.

Have you read the book?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
A
She is in withdrawal from the affair, so a poor mood is to be expected. Many people start ADs to help them through this time. You should focus on making LoveBank deposits and avoiding lovebusters, while implementing the EPs you have mentioned.

Can the two of you get some time away together? that is how Jon and Sue jump started their recovery.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5061_qa.html

S
S
When was the last time you listened to the radio show that you were on?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
OP Offline
M
Yeah I figured she was in withdrawal. The problem is she still loves and misses this guy I'm not sure if it's real love. But I'm not sure what to do when she is withdrawing from me. She acts like she doesn't want to try. She said that she was going to deactivate her account tonight because the temptation to reach out to her ex-boyfriend is too great. At first she wanted to gain my trust back and said she'd be willing to do anything include let me read her text messages and look over her shoulder but now she gets mad when I do said it's because she's getting aggravated with it she's getting aggravated with me. She is slipping into a deep depression and is getting tired of hearing my voice. I've always had the issue of wanting to talk trying to work things out but I do too much talking and not enough listening and she told me that when she left me it was because I was talking too much.

This guy is manipulating her and contacting her mother and posting on Facebook and even though she blocked him once she unblocked him last night because of the Temptation got too bad. She is mad that I don't trust her and I am trying ever so hard and I jumped out with leaps of faith but I'm so lost right now.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
S
S
You clicked on my name, but you have not responded to either of my posts.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
OP Offline
M
I apologize SugarCane. I was on my phone and texting is not my passion.

It has been a while. I lost all hope for a good while and shut down completely. I stopped the program to be very honest. I was in a holding pattern. I have listened to today's.

Have you read the book?
Which one? I have read Love Busters and His need, Her needs. I do not have Surviving an Affair yet. I will pick this up tomorrow. I have read just about every article published on this website though. Maybe even twice. I know it's no substitute.

I want to get the workbook too.

My bride is very upset tonight. She is heartbroken over this guy and it is tearing me apart too. I try and pray for happiness and to fix the wounds with her. Thanking God for the miracle He has given us.

Last edited by ManKeepingHisFam; 04/26/16 12:29 AM.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by apples123
She is in withdrawal from the affair, so a poor mood is to be expected. Many people start ADs to help them through this time. You should focus on making LoveBank deposits and avoiding lovebusters, while implementing the EPs you have mentioned.
I'm sorry, AD's and EPs? I don't remember these abbr...

Can the two of you get some time away together? that is how Jon and Sue jump started their recovery.
If only we could! She has the only job right now and we are in financial ruin.

BH 34 (me)
WS 31 / OM 44
3 children 12/7/angel
Married 13y
D-Day 9/21/2015

Exposed/Separated Plan A
(Almost in recovery)
P
P
Ad=antidepressants
Ep= extraordinary precautions

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
I apologize SugarCane. I was on my phone and texting is not my passion.

It has been a while. I lost all hope for a good while and shut down completely. I stopped the program to be very honest. I was in a holding pattern. I have listened to today's.

Have you read the book?
Which one? I have read Love Busters and His need, Her needs. I do not have Surviving an Affair yet. I will pick this up tomorrow. I have read just about every article published on this website though. Maybe even twice. I know it's no substitute.

I want to get the workbook too.

My bride is very upset tonight. She is heartbroken over this guy and it is tearing me apart too. I try and pray for happiness and to fix the wounds with her. Thanking God for the miracle He has given us.
I read your thread through from beginning to end, and I listened to your radio show.

I can't for the life of me understand why you haven't listened to it several times, and written down the advice, and followed it step by step. Indeed, when you say you "stopped the programme", are you saying you never listened to it all the way through? Why is that?

I also do not understand why you have not got back in touch with Dr Harley, who practically begged you to keep him updated. He has such expertise with your problems, and he was reaching out to help you.

At the time of your programme, you had evidence of your wife's interest in another man, but there had been no concrete affair. The problem that Dr H identified was your alcoholism, and he was very concerned about this. He advised you to go to a support group like AA. He did not think that you would stay sober without using a support group daily.

Have you joined AA? If not, why not?

I accept that you say you have not touched a drop, but there is such despair in your posts that I think you are not surviving the problems in your marriage at all well. You need a support group for your sobriety, and you need to check in with Dr Harley as he asked you to, and to tell him about the recent affairs.

When I read through this thread, I could see so many problems from beginning to end. The main one is that you don't seem to have been advised to learn about Marriage Builders. You have been given piecemeal advice to end the affair, but not comprehensive advice to change your marriage completely. Because you took off with the kids and had a domestic violence charge against you, the thread got caught up with overcoming those issues, and now your wife is back and you have no clue what to do next.

(We are all responsible for that lack of education in MB. I hold my hands up as not having given direct attention to this thread until now.)

I didn't see where anybody told you to read Surviving an Affair, for example - something we normally do as routine. I don't see where anybody told you to download the MB app and listen to the radio show every day.

I think you urgently need to:

1. Write Dr Harley an email, providing a link to your show ,and asking for his help with the current situation. Go on the radio show if Joyce invites you.

2. Listen to your own radio show (there is a link in this thread) right the way through.

3. Download and begin reading Surviving an Affair.

4. Find a single-sex support group like AA, and go every day.

5. Make an appointment with you GP to ask for anti-depressants. You are clearly very low, and missing the alcohol (you talked about craving it, on the radio show) and you are having a horrible time with your wife. what you are going through is really too much to bear alone. You need ADs to help you cope with your difficulties.

6. Download the MB app and listen to the radio show every day, without fail.

I think you need to work on every single one of these things TODAY. Please let me know when you have done them all.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation