Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
M
M
Originally Posted by Winslow
Understood. She told me last night that after finding the gps on her car she took her phone to verizon to see if i had installed spy apps or anything on it, and she changed her passwords to everything again. I was like "why would you care if you werent doing anything wrong?" And her reply was (im paraphrasing) "am i not allowed to have any privacy? You dont trust me and I cant be with someone who doesnt trust me. You have no reason not to trust me"

"You don't trust me!!!" is the CLASSIC refrain of cheaters. IT IS TEXTBOOK. People who have nothing to hide, don't hide.

But I would not have this discussion with her or she will hide better. Just keep snooping and be as clever as possible

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
My daughters phone is partially syncing with my wifes phone so i can see her browser history amd contacts. I noticed on her browser history today she is looking at cars for sale. I assume she is planning to buy her own car soon

M
M
My daughters phone is partially syncing with my wifes phone so i can see her browser history amd contacts. I noticed on her browser history today she is looking at cars for sale. I assume she is planning to buy her own car soon

i wonder if you can see some of her apps if you sync with itunes? Can you sync it with itunes?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yeah i tried it but it I dont know my wifes itunes login.

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
She went to bed without saying anything to me last night. I text her and said thanks for going to the movie with us and goodnight.

This was her reply - I can't help but ask what this morning was about? I don't want to be made out to be the bad guy in our situation. Last night was a productive conversation. I'm glad I could be honest with you.

Me - I had to go for a drive to clear my head. Dad called to ask me work related questions and i guess he sensed some tension so we talked for a little while. Last night was productive even though it was difficult. I like getting stuff out in the open. I will never tell you a lie. I love you too much to ever do that. Thank you for being honest with me. Thanks for talking to me. I like listening and am working hard to be a better listener.

She didnt reply. Noticed this AM she took her wedding rings off. Not sure if thats an attempt at getting a rise out of me or what. She hasnt taken them off in the 5 years we have been married. Hurts like hell to see her hand empty.

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Movie went fine. DD sat between us. Wife didnt have much to say to me but it was fun for both of us to take our daughter to her first movie ever. DD loved it. Wife took a selfoe of all 3 of us when we sat down. That surprised me. Anyway when we got home from the movie my wife said "oh i forgot i needed to go to target. I will be right back". She left 15 mins ago. Target is about 3 miles from our house. Curious to see how long this trip takes.

Do you have the VAR set up??

Yes. Will check it tonight after everybody goes to sleep. Have to kill the security cams at the house and then go retrieve it, connect it to my computer to upload files, then replace it in the car and power up the cameras again. Lot of work to do every day without getting caught

She was gone about 45 mins and came home with bed sheets for thr upstairs bed in a target shopping bag. I checked the voice recorder last night and there was nothing. Just her driving and listening to the radio.

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Anyone heard of an iphone spy program called webwatcher? It can be installed remotely (no device access required) and no jailbreak required. Apparently all you need is the person's apple id login.

I have my wifes apple id and password after asking her what it was last night so i could download netflix onto my daughters phone. Hopefully she didnt change it after giving it to me.

M
M
Anyone heard of an iphone spy program called webwatcher? It can be installed remotely (no device access required) and no jailbreak required. Apparently all you need is the person's apple id login.

I have my wifes apple id and password after asking her what it was last night so i could download netflix onto my daughters phone. Hopefully she didnt change it after giving it to me.

I have used webwatcher for computers but not the iphone and it is awesome. You should go for it! And do it quick before she changes her password.

Exposure 101

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
And she changed it.
DANGIT!!!!!!

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
What if I just tell her "i need your itunes password" and if she wont give it to me the convo turns to "what are you hiding?"

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Wife wanted DD to sleep with her upstairs last night. DD had a meltdown wanting Daddy. I told wife she was welcome to sleep in the bed with us. She went and got her pillow and slept with us. Wouldnt touch me and was still cold toward me, but its a baby step.

This morning was good. Wife and DD wanted to go to church so i got DD ready in a matching dress and shoes, did her hair, etc. wife was thrilled that I did a good job. On their way out the door i noticed my wife was wearing her wedding ring. Seemed to be in a good mood. I stripped the bedding and washed it (usually wife does this).

Last edited by Winslow; 07/10/16 09:29 AM.
B
B
Why didn't you go to church with them?

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Its a long story, but despite a very religious upbringing, I am agnostic and have no desire to attend church.

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Also, I found a book my wife just started reading called "Finding Me Again" and the author is Nancy Kay, who happens to be my wife's therapist and was our marriage counselor until my wife asked me to stop going with her.

B
B
You may want to ask yourself what's more important to you...you agnostic belief and lack of desire to attend church or your marriage? An hour or two out of your Sunday to sit with your wife and child (you can day dream, plan your day, think whatever thoughts you may have, meditate, just chill) may be VERY important to her. My husband is "spiritual" but not religious. There is nothing more I would like than for him to attend Mass with my so and me every Sunday....and our marriage is VERY solid/strong. There may be a good chance that your wife is putting the disconnect between your beliefs and hers under an microscope and adding that to her list of what she's "done" with....

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
You may want to ask yourself what's more important to you...you agnostic belief and lack of desire to attend church or your marriage? An hour or two out of your Sunday to sit with your wife and child (you can day dream, plan your day, think whatever thoughts you may have, meditate, just chill) may be VERY important to her. My husband is "spiritual" but not religious. There is nothing more I would like than for him to attend Mass with my so and me every Sunday....and our marriage is VERY solid/strong. There may be a good chance that your wife is putting the disconnect between your beliefs and hers under an microscope and adding that to her list of what she's "done" with....

Excellent point. I will try to start attending with them. Have a feeling wife is going to start moving out over the next couple days. Her sister is leaving for vacation for 2 weeks and her roommate is moving out during that time. Room is opening up at their house tomorrow morning. We will see.

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
No report. VAR turned up nothing today except radio and road noise. Wife still cold. She is still sleeping upstairs. Says she has "a lot think about". Im still being nice but not kissing azz. No change so far.

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Tonight has been nice. DD and I have been upstairs in the bonus room playing while my wife did her aunts hair downstairs. When they were done my wife came upstairs to see what we are up to and brought popcorn. We both played with DD and for that moment she wasnt cold towards me

W
Winslow Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Update: she laid down with DD and I in our bed until DD fell asleep and then she went upstairs to go to bed. We seem to be getting along fine, she is purposely being cold towards me and sleeping in a separate room. I dont understand what this is about. She is treating me like the cheater!

Edit: There is a room open at her sisters house as of tonight and she hasnt given me any indication that she is moving out. Just keeps saying she has a lot to think about, feels like we have been "here" a thousand times and feels "stuck on this rollercoaster and just wants off". Her concerns seem to revolve around us always having the same problems that never get fixed, she feels like I always manipulate her and talk her back into the relationship when we have problems, etc.

Last edited by Winslow; 07/11/16 10:28 PM.
D
D
Her concerns seem to revolve around us always having the same problems that never get fixed, she feels like I always manipulate her and talk her back into the relationship when we have problems, etc.

Problems which may seem insignificant to you could be serious to her. You need to address her complaints for her to want to be with you.

Have you ever asked her to list the problems which never get fixed? Tell her that you want to work to solve the problems, so would she be willing to list them?

This may seem silly, but if she agrees, I would LISTEN, write them down, and ask her to read your list to verify that you have defined the problem accurately. Don't make opinion statements about anything she says. Just repeat it back and write it down. Tell her that you care about her happiness and will figure out a plan to solve the problems.

Can you try this? It is possible that the counselor has her convinced that you'll never change and she needs to leave you to find her own "authentic self". If you show a willingness to accommodate her needs and pay attention when she is bothered, it will go far.

Can you try this?

She is hiding something though or she would not be changing passwords. Keep snooping.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation