Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
D
OP Offline
D

WW just called. Wanted me to stop telling people, delete whatever evidence I had. Said I was hurting people. I said her actions are hurting people. She hung up.

M
M
Originally Posted by DeepSorrow
WW just called. Wanted me to stop telling people, delete whatever evidence I had. Said I was hurting people. I said her actions are hurting people. She hung up.

Oh wow! that is some serious blameshifting! shocked

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Do you think the OM's SO has contacted your wife yet? Do you think she will?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Originally Posted by MelodyLane

She hasn't, but she would if I asked her too.

Mother of OM and says "Look what you are doing to your kids". I said, "I did this?" She hung up.

M
M

She hasn't, but she would if I asked her too.

Mother of OM and says "Look what you are doing to your kids". I said, "I did this?" She hung up.

No wonder her loser son is this way! crazy If that were my son, I would be horseswhipping him and calling people to apologize. I wouldn't be blaming the victim. crazy

Exposure 101

U
U
I am happy to hear you are not allowing this blameshifting.

Of course WW wants you to stop telling people and delete the evidence. She is embarrassed about HER OWN disgusting behavior and their consequences. That has nothing to do with you.

As far as OM is concerned, it sounds like he is also a serial cheater and his SO should leave him in the dust. If I were you I would not care at all about what his family says to you.

Ultimately, you are not seeking to recover your marriage here. You did the right thing and brought this behavior into the light of day. It doesn't really matter what WW or anyone else who enable her think about what you did.

D
OP Offline
D
I'm sorry Melody - I meant Mother of WW not Mother of OM.

I contacted SO and gave her my wife's phone number.

A
A

Good answer!

M
M
I'm sorry Melody - I meant Mother of WW not Mother of OM.

I contacted SO and gave her my wife's phone number.

Good move! Do you think she will call her?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Yes - I really think she will. She said she was going to tell my WW how she felt. My wife gets off work at 3:15 CT, so I will let you know what happens.

My MIL is also a problem. I need to ignore her. Her and WW are mostly worried about kids not staying with WW, looking out for themselves rather than addressing the real problem. My WW told me to enforce with the kids our custody agreement. MIL threatens me about not talking to them.

An outpouring of support is coming into OM's SO on Facebook. I did exposure through PMs so I am getting a lot of support as well. Many people shocked, others not shocked because they heard many of the other rumors which this confirmed. The common response is "I do not understand why she does this".

WW took her Facebook down last night. It is back up today, but she blocked me.

W
W

Yes - I really think she will. She said she was going to tell my WW how she felt. My wife gets off work at 3:15 CT, so I will let you know what happens.

My MIL is also a problem. I need to ignore her. Her and WW are mostly worried about kids not staying with WW, looking out for themselves rather than addressing the real problem. My WW told me to enforce with the kids our custody agreement. MIL threatens me about not talking to them.

An outpouring of support is coming into OM's SO on Facebook. I did exposure through PMs so I am getting a lot of support as well. Many people shocked, others not shocked because they heard many of the other rumors which this confirmed. The common response is "I do not understand why she does this".

WW took her Facebook down last night. It is back up today, but she blocked me.

I am so curious to take a look at SO's Facebook page and responses she is getting. Any ideas of how you can point me to it? Maybe be last name and city? I ask because I will be walking the same walk as you in my case. I am also tempted to post my WW's affair or something like what SO has done on my page when my time comes.

I think it is super effective and will really hit my WW and OM well to the bone. Her friends and relatives will see it too when they go to my page. It can even stay for weeks or months. It can be shared. She will never have an affair again sealing one of the reasons for exposing affairs - so the WW/WH do not repeat affairs. I am liking this. It looks it is most powerful avenue of exposure.

BH(me)-48 WW-43
Seperated
M
M
My WW told me to enforce with the kids our custody agreement. MIL threatens me about not talking to them.

Guess what? You can't FORCE them to see her. A judge is not going to force teenagers to see their parents and it is very common that teenagers want nothing t do with a wayward parent. So let her know you will leave it up to the kids to decide if they want to see her or not.

And your MIL can shove it. You are not obliged to ever lie to your own kids to cover up the crimes of their mother. Your MIL does not have their best interest at heart, sadly.

Exposure 101

G
G
Originally Posted by WierdSituation
I am so curious to take a look at SO's Facebook page and responses she is getting. Any ideas of how you can point me to it? Maybe be last name and city? I ask because I will be walking the same walk as you in my case. I am also tempted to post my WW's affair or something like what SO has done on my page when my time comes.

I think it is super effective and will really hit my WW and OM well to the bone. Her friends and relatives will see it too when they go to my page. It can even stay for weeks or months. It can be shared. She will never have an affair again sealing one of the reasons for exposing affairs - so the WW/WH do not repeat affairs. I am liking this. It looks it is most powerful avenue of exposure.

You need to stop obsessing about this. Follow the advice you have been given by Dr. Harley himself.

Everytime you feel the urge to do something stupid, take a walk. If nothing else, your health will benefit.

W
W
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
Originally Posted by WierdSituation

You need to stop obsessing about this. Follow the advice you have been given by Dr. Harley himself.

Everytime you feel the urge to do something stupid, take a walk. If nothing else, your health will benefit.

Thank you.

BH(me)-48 WW-43
Seperated
D
OP Offline
D
Venom is coming out from WW about snooping methods and who I exposed to. I point all questions back to her affair.

SO did not get to talk to WW but SO sent her this text with no response.

"WW this is SO. I want to start by asking you to stop pursuing OM. I know that he started all of this but as a wife and a mother you should have stopped before it started knowing it was wrong. OM and I have had some problems but cheating was not the answer. It defines who you truly are and it isnt a proud reputation. OM and I have been together almost 7 years and now that could be destroyed because of both your actions. This did not only hurt me but has affected my son on so many levels. He had already lost his dad years ago and OM had filled that void. So again I'm asking for you to stop this and let me fix my family. You should already know how you have hurt your husband and your boys from your previous affairs. Please don't ruin mine."

M
M
Bravo to the OM's SO! That was really nice of her.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Here's what I sent to OM.

"OM, this is DS. I don�t really know you, but I have little respect for you going after my wife, WW. Maybe you would be happier in your relationship at home if you focused on your own family instead of mine. As a father yourself, you should know what you are doing to my boys, XXXX and XXXXX. They are good kids and you & WW have destroyed them. They will NEVER accept you, and you are doomed if you continue to pursue WW. SO and your family are hurting and they don�t deserve what you�ve done to them. I have made sure the whole town of XXXXX knows the person you really are. Stay away from my family and never talk to WW again, and quit trying to ruin other peoples lives."

Hopefully this was alright. He was once a BS and his kids were affected by his wife's infidelity. So I used that in my message.

D
OP Offline
D

Well, after exposure, I am starting to get information about the other affairs.

B
B
That was a good message you sent to OM? Did he respond?

What and how have you found out about her other affairs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
OP Offline
D

OM has not responded to my text. I did not expect him to.

Friends are now coming to me sharing what they know. Seems like a lot of people do not want to get involved when they know about infidelity, and the BS does not. Now that an affair has been exposed, they come to you and discuss it.

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation