Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
BrainHurts #2897696 04/23/17 11:59 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Yes, I'm the petitioner, so it is my lawyer and he is looking out for my best interests, not hers. I am thinking about talking to another lawyer about the kids because I may file for custody.

I had a good conversation with 13yr old and he seems more adamant that he doesn't want to stay with WW if OM comes around. We talked more about their affair and I think he feels even better because he was suspicious about some things and it cleared up confusion. We went to the movies and when I got home, the wife calls me and says that 17yr old texts her and tells her he is not going to live with her anymore. I ask her if she's been with OM in the past couple days and she says yes. I said he probably either saw you or heard something. She indicated that she's hiding it well.

I talk to 17yr old to find out what happened and he said he didn't want to talk about it and leave him alone. Kids are supposed to go back today at 3:00. She's already threatened that she is coming over to the house to "find out what is going on". She threatens and manipulates the kids and they know it. She can't see that her actions are causing her discomfort. She is a MAJOR blameshifter.

Told her I do not want her here. She won't listen. I bet she shows up because the kids eventually do what she wants so she used to manipulating them.

I need a way to keep her away from the house. The locks have been changed. 17 yr old know he can do what he wants.

DeepSorrow #2897699 04/23/17 03:12 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Oldest son doesn't want to talk about anything with me or her. He is struggling. She told me OM was at her house Friday night. I bet 17yr old saw him there, but not sure.

WW is saying that she wants to work with me on house, finances, kids. Different attitude from her all of the sudden. I wonder why the change. I made some remarks about OM, and she didn't get mad. Is this the same wayward???

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/23/17 03:16 PM.
DeepSorrow #2897700 04/23/17 04:17 PM
M
M
I feel really sorry for your kids. I would keep standing up for them and if she tries to bully them, tell her that forcing them will make the relationship worse. She needs to back off if she wants to repair that relationship. She can't force them to see her. PERIOD.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897701 04/23/17 06:15 PM
D
OP Offline
D
NEED HELP!

WW came to house and tried to force 17 yr old to go with her. He pushed her down and cut her chin. I tried to take her to the emergency room and she called me names. She left and I called the county police to report it.

DeepSorrow #2897702 04/23/17 06:26 PM
T
T
You need to go to the police station if they won't come to your house, and make an official report. Your son will also have to be interviewed. If you don't, she will be allowed to spin it however she wants. She'll try anyway, but I think letting it ride would come back and bite you all in the butts.

tl

DeepSorrow #2897703 04/24/17 04:32 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by DeepSorrow
NEED HELP!

WW came to house and tried to force 17 yr old to go with her. He pushed her down and cut her chin. I tried to take her to the emergency room and she called me names. She left and I called the county police to report it.

Hi DeepSorrow, since I am also dealing with police and difficult incidents, I would emphasise to you DOCUMENT EVERYTHING with dates, times and descriptions of what occurred. Even if you just open a memo note on your phone, you should have a record of an incident immediately after it happens. You will forget things if you don't write it down immediately and your perspective of the situation will change with time. If you report what was said, use quotes rather than describing the sentiment. Take your statement to the police just to make them aware - and then document that you took your statement to the police and write down the name and number of who you spoke to.

Make sure you mention the names of any people you told the story to at the time, so that they can also verify your state of mind/reactions. If there are any witnesses (including your son), get them to write their version of events as soon as possible after it happened - and keep a copy of their statements, with phone numbers and names, just in case. Even if you never use these things, it will form the basis of a powerful collection of evidence. And it really doesn't take much effort to write 100 words in the immediate aftermath. It is just like posting on this forum.

Remember: names, dates, facts, details, witnesses. No emotion.

BW (me) 40
WH, serial cheater, 41
Four children:
DS1 8
DS2 7 (from one of WH's previous affairs, lives with me)
DS3 6
DD 2

D-day Jan 4 2017
Plan B (first attempt) Feb 21 2017
Plan D Aug 28 2017
Plan B (properly) Aug 31 2017

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - and blaming it on you....or being lied about don't deal in lies..." IF, by Rudyard Kipling https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
DeepSorrow #2897705 04/24/17 07:34 AM
M
M
DS, can you give us an update? Very worried about your son.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

chalkncheese #2897706 04/24/17 07:34 AM
L
L
Great advice from chalkncheese. Your WW is going to try to pin this on you. Stay strong.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
thndrnltng #2897708 04/24/17 08:53 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
You need to go to the police station if they won't come to your house, and make an official report. Your son will also have to be interviewed. If you don't, she will be allowed to spin it however she wants. She'll try anyway, but I think letting it ride would come back and bite you all in the butts.

tl

Yes! Get everything officially documented ASAP.

I would talk with your son about violence and anger. An angry outburst is temporary insanity. Anything you are thinking of doing or saying when you are angry is crazy, and it will make your problems worse, so it is important to not say or do anything until you have calmed down.

I feel for your son - I went through being hassled by my wayward mother and her attempts to force me to see her even though I didn't want to. But angry outbursts are just going to make things worse for him.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2897709 04/24/17 09:39 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Got this text from WW that cheated on me for 10 years.

"The saddest part of this is you sat there and watched our son treat me like this - you are not teaching him how to respect women."

I want to respond, but trying not to.

DeepSorrow #2897712 04/24/17 10:00 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Although my son's actions were inappropriate, WW treated him horribly, and son told her he didn't want to talk about it and leave him alone for more than 30 minutes. She tried to force him to go with her and started taking his stuff which led to him to push her away. She fell down and cut her chin. I tried to take her to the emergency room and she would not let me. Called me names, everything's my fault, etc.

I talked to him about going to counseling, etc. My WW and MIL blameshift everything possible. Everything is my fault every time. It's really bad, and there is no changing that. They are telling me that his behavior is my fault.

DeepSorrow #2897714 04/24/17 10:11 AM
U
U
Please stop fretting about this, I can tell you feel bad and maybe a little bit guilty... I don't know if your son was just trying to defend himself and in the scuffle she fell, or he intentiallh pushed her down. If the latter it is not good that he reacted in that manner. But NONE of that is *your fault.* It sounds like you tried to help her after the fact, that was the right response.

Of course she is going to blame you for her poor relationship with your son. All waywards do this, it is the only option other than taking responsibility. Expect it. This is why divorce and then Plan B is so very important right now. Where are you at on that?

I thought your divorce was supposed to be settled weeks ago and yet it still seems to be in process. I am concerned that you share a lawyer, this is not some amicable friendly divorce here you realize. Even if you were the petitioner, your shared attorney is obligated to represent both of your best interests and not just yours. IMO you need to change this.

DeepSorrow #2897715 04/24/17 10:18 AM
M
M
I talked to him about going to counseling, etc.

Did you talk to him about this?

Originally Posted by markos
I would talk with your son about violence and anger. An angry outburst is temporary insanity. Anything you are thinking of doing or saying when you are angry is crazy, and it will make your problems worse, so it is important to not say or do anything until you have calmed down.

I feel for your son - I went through being hassled by my wayward mother and her attempts to force me to see her even though I didn't want to. But angry outbursts are just going to make things worse for him.

And did you get everything reported to the police so she can't pull something later?

Originally Posted by thndrnltng

tl

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
DeepSorrow #2897716 04/24/17 10:19 AM
M
M
She tried to force him to go with her and started taking his stuff which led to him to push her away.

Taking his stuff from where? You're not letting her in the house, are you?

DeepSorrow #2897717 04/24/17 10:20 AM
M
M
Got this text from WW that cheated on me for 10 years.

"The saddest part of this is you sat there and watched our son treat me like this - you are not teaching him how to respect women."

I want to respond, but trying not to.

I think it's going to be important to make it impossible for her to contact you except through an intermediary who will filter this stuff out.

DeepSorrow #2897719 04/24/17 10:48 AM
P
P
Although my son's actions were inappropriate, WW treated him horribly, and son told her he didn't want to talk about it and leave him alone for more than 30 minutes. She tried to force him to go with her and started taking his stuff which led to him to push her away.

The reason to talk to your son about angry outbursts and about doing nothing while angry/upset is NOT because she didn't deserve what was coming to her.

The reason to talk to him about this is for his own future. HIS future. Because if he lets himself react that way when someone near and dear to him treats him horribly, then he's going to end up in serious trouble somewhere down the line. She's not going to be the last person that treats him horribly.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

unwritten #2897720 04/24/17 10:56 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by unwritten
I thought your divorce was supposed to be settled weeks ago and yet it still seems to be in process. I am concerned that you share a lawyer, this is not some amicable friendly divorce here you realize. Even if you were the petitioner, your shared attorney is obligated to represent both of your best interests and not just yours. IMO you need to change this.

We are reaching the 30 days to submit for a judgement this week. I am going to talk to another lawyer.

markos #2897721 04/24/17 10:59 AM
D
OP Offline
D
And did you get everything reported to the police so she can't pull something later?

I called the police 2 times. Told them what happened and got their guidance on how to handle it. I could get a temporary restraining order. I have not decided yet.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/24/17 11:00 AM.
markos #2897722 04/24/17 11:01 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Taking his stuff from where? You're not letting her in the house, are you?

I did. That will not happen again.

markos #2897723 04/24/17 11:02 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I think it's going to be important to make it impossible for her to contact you except through an intermediary who will filter this stuff out.

I'm waiting until divorce is final and then going into Plan B. It is too easy to break Plan B right now without separate lawyers. I am going to talk to one, but I might have the divorce final soon.

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation