Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
DeepSorrow #2897808 04/25/17 07:50 AM
M
M
What happened yesterday when your son shoved her? Did he leave to go with her or did she leave without him? Does she not see that she is wrecking her relationship by trying to force him?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897814 04/25/17 11:45 AM
U
U
I would make sure your son also documents the in ident in his own words.

MelodyLane #2897816 04/25/17 01:00 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What happened yesterday when your son shoved her? Did he leave to go with her or did she leave without him? Does she not see that she is wrecking her relationship by trying to force him?

My son did not go with her. I asked her to leave because she was calling me names and needing to go to the hospital, etc. She would not let me take her to the ER to get stitches. She does not see that she is wrecking her relationship. Their family blames exposure for turning the kids against her. Since I exposed, I am the reason for their pain. This is the primary reason for the Brother-in-law text. He is angry about exposure and both my wife and siblings lived through an ugly divorce with their parents. Her mother manipulated them, and they all believe I am doing that with the kids to turn them against her.

They wanted me to say that we just couldn't work things out and go on.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/25/17 01:04 PM.
DeepSorrow #2897817 04/25/17 01:27 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Her family makes me feel guilty, even though adultery is the root cause.

DeepSorrow #2897818 04/25/17 01:39 PM
M
M
You will feel a lot better when you haven't heard from any of them in a long time, so be sure to make it impossible for them to contact you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2897819 04/25/17 02:02 PM
B
B
You are doing the right things the right way DS. Over time, your life will change but, if she stays on this same trajectory, hers will not and people will come to realize it isn't you or you manipulating the boys. My ex-FIL and ex-SIL fully supported my now XH in his A and saw me as evil personified. They both now think I walk on water. It just took time.

DeepSorrow #2897823 04/25/17 05:29 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by DeepSorrow
[

In other words, they wanted you to lie to cover up her adultery and teach your children to be dishonest. They would have eventually found out, by the way. It was never in the best interest of your children to lie to them. I am sure your wife wanted to lie about the reasons for your divorce, but that is not healthy or normal.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897824 04/25/17 05:43 PM
M
M
In short, your wife wrecked her relationship with her children by having an affair. She is 100% to blame. Unfortunately for her, your kids learned right from wrong from you and don't approve. That is the risk one takes when they commit adultery.

Exposure 101

DeepSorrow #2897825 04/25/17 05:55 PM
M
M
[

"Sorry, but I don't lie to my kids."

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897826 04/25/17 06:39 PM
D
OP Offline
D
[

This is what I've said all along during this process when she would bring up telling the kids about the divorce.

DeepSorrow #2897827 04/25/17 06:51 PM
M
M
[

This is what I've said all along during this process when she would bring up telling the kids about the divorce.

Isn't it interesting that other people have an opinion that you should lie to your own kids when it is not their ox getting gored? I can somewhat understand your wife feeling that way because she is the guilty party.

But these other clowns don't love your kids and are not responsible for them. So easy to be all full of opinions when it is not their kids being harmed. Hope you tell them to shove it.

Exposure 101

DeepSorrow #2897828 04/25/17 06:51 PM
D
OP Offline
D
13 yr old was at MIL after school. WW stops by to pick him up. MIL and WW were talking bad about me while he was in the bathroom. It made him upset. He confronted WW in car home that if she continues seeing OM, he didn't want to live with her. She told him that she would not stop. He said it was fine if she found someone else. She said that was not fair.

13yr old calls 17yr old to pick him up. She threatens him that he is coming back for 2 more days custody.

My son tells me that she has filed some sort of police report, I am not sure, but I think she is targeting me. I am going to the judicial center tomorrow to file restraining order. I should have got it today, but was too busy at work to leave (important meetings).

I'm a little worried because I have never been in trouble with the law and not used to this kind of thing.

DeepSorrow #2897829 04/25/17 06:53 PM
M
M
Do you think she has filed assault charges against you?

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897830 04/25/17 06:54 PM
M
M
I would contact your lawyer first thing in the morning and tell him what you know.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897831 04/25/17 07:01 PM
D
OP Offline
D

I am pretty sure that is the case. Unfortunately I did hug her to calm her down. She's going to claim I hit her because of what brother in law is saying.

DeepSorrow #2897832 04/25/17 07:04 PM
M
M

I am pretty sure that is the case. Unfortunately I did hug her to calm her down. She's going to claim I hit her because of what brother in law is saying.

Did your sons witness this? Didn't you call the police afterwards?

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2897833 04/25/17 07:06 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Son saw it and I called the police to report it.

DeepSorrow #2897834 04/25/17 07:21 PM
B
B
Alternatively, she may have made a report against your son and then intends to use it as leverage to force him to see her: "I'll drop the charges if you agree to come with me when it's my turn for visitation."

MelodyLane #2897835 04/25/17 07:27 PM
D
OP Offline
D
But these other clowns don't love your kids and are not responsible for them. So easy to be all full of opinions when it is not their kids being harmed. Hope you tell them to shove it.

I have told MIL to shove it. The FIL won't contact me, Sister won't call me. Brother needs to be shut down. I have already blocked them all on social media. I am going to block their phone numbers.

This family enables this. I should have know 21 years ago and looked elsewhere.

DeepSorrow #2897844 04/26/17 07:10 AM
C
C
Hi DeepSorrow, it sounds like you are having a really tough time. I'm so sorry. Here are somethings i have learnt from my recent experience with police and courts:

1. If someone says something about you that isn't true, deny it immediately, in writing if possible. If your brother in law has made you aware that your WW is telling people you hit her, you must respond that you did not and would not. If you don't deny something at the time, people will wonder why you didn't.

2. Get a timeline of events sorted out to give to your lawyer. These issues did not come out of nowhere and it is important that you give your lawyer the information to enable them to control the storyline that the police or courts hear. Sort out causes and consequences so that your WW cannot put forward her interpretation first. Having control of the interpretation of events is important. But make sure you stick to facts and events with no emotion.

3. Make sure you report everything that happens to all relevant people (again, in writing if possible) including your wife. I have needed to demonstrate to lawyers and police that I took action to make my husband aware of things that were happening, and that i gave him the chance to respond and intervene, before I took further action to protect myself and the children. I also needed to show that I had formally reported things to his employer and asked for their intervention before pursuing other avenues involving lawyers and courts. Being able to produce a paper trail that shows I did all this in a logical sequence has helped me a lot - and it provides a sharp contrast to the lack of logic of a wayward mind. Just always remember to report things without emotion so that no one can accuse you of being nasty for the sake of nastiness. You are trying to protect your family and all your actions and statements should reinforce that.

Just try to ignore people making you feel bad about yourself and your actions. It is really hurtful, but as long as you know you are doing what is right for your family and your children, you will be fine. All this negative noise will pass.

BW (me) 40
WH, serial cheater, 41
Four children:
DS1 8
DS2 7 (from one of WH's previous affairs, lives with me)
DS3 6
DD 2

D-day Jan 4 2017
Plan B (first attempt) Feb 21 2017
Plan D Aug 28 2017
Plan B (properly) Aug 31 2017

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - and blaming it on you....or being lied about don't deal in lies..." IF, by Rudyard Kipling https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation