Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2901761 08/17/17 09:03 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi All,

I have been separated/divorced from my wayward for 3 years now and my very good I'M is unable to continue.

My ex lives about an hour away, but is reliable about his weekends with my 5 year old. He also does weekly skype calls with her. The AP is out of the picture, so that is not a stressor.

We have been court ordered to use that My Family Wizard software, so that is what he communicates with. From my end, the only thing I ever initiate is scheduling issues if necessary. I haven't spoken to him in 3 years and am very healed, but want to stay in plan B/no contact forever if possible.

I am 36, my daughter is 5. My IM can only continue until Sept. 1.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
E
E
Hi! Have you been able to find anyone yet?
I would do it but just don't feel like I would be able to long term with 3 kids and one being special needs....

Just wanted to say Hi as I remember you and was hoping that you were able to figure out a new person.

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino
N
N
I'll say hi, too, but I can't do it, either, since I'm a man. Hope you're doing great otherwise. I've been in a dark Plan B, too. Fortunately, we didn't have children, so I have no reason to be in contact with the ex at all. Haven't seen or heard from her in more than 2 years now. Plus, I've got a baby girl on the way with my wife!

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
A
A
Hi Piglet,

Did you find an IM? I'm currently in Plan B and have my sister as an IM but am considering going with someone more neutral because I hate that I read into my relationship with her because of what she might know. Maybe we could be each other's IM? I have read your thread, are you living in OC still? If so maybe we could meet. It would be nice to meet a local single mom. I have a 3 year old and 9 month old.

BW (Me): 39
FWH: 39
DD: 5
DS: 3

D-Day 1: 5/8/17
Plan B started: 6/19/17
For real: 11/13/17-4/3/18
Affair ended: 3/25/18

DD 2: 2/14/20

P
OP Offline
P
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. Especially hi to Elaina and nmwb77, who I remember from my active board days. Nmwb...I am glad you are so well and remarried with a kiddo on the way. How exciting. I am divorced and in a relationship now with a great guy. Overall, I am very happy.

Amac, thanks for the response. I am in OC and would love to meet if the boards connect us. I was able to find an IM, but I would be happy to hear about your situation and see if I would be the right fit for you. If you want, feel free to ask the moderators to connect us. You are in early days, so this is the best time to have a neutral IM.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
A
A
Yay Piglet, so glad you are in OC! What are the chances of that? And glad to hear you are finally divorced and happy in a new relationship. Yes I'm in the early days and struggling as I'm sure you have read from my thread. I will ask the moderators to connect us. Looking forward to getting in touch with you.

BW (Me): 39
FWH: 39
DD: 5
DS: 3

D-Day 1: 5/8/17
Plan B started: 6/19/17
For real: 11/13/17-4/3/18
Affair ended: 3/25/18

DD 2: 2/14/20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation