Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
T
James it's time to get your BW
to post here for support and for
here to see that recovery done the
right way can be successful.

J
JamesNY Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I don't know where the OW lives or if she lives nearby. Neither my wife or I have run into her anywhere.

When the affair was going on, the OW would email me at work or text me. I had her name stored as something else and we would text in code so if my wife did see it, she would think I was meeting a friend to work out at the gym. That's how the affair was able to go on as long as it did. My wife thought I was at the gym in the evenings, but I was with the OW. I would also see her some weekend mornings, telling my wife I was at the gym or playing tennis. My wife would take the kids on play dates with other moms and when that happened, the OW would come over to our apartment. I saw the OW less when we bought our house, but same excuses.

I don't think my wife is ready to talk about this with anyone, but I will tell her about this forum.

G
G
Do I understand correctly OW came to the house you currently live in?

J
JamesNY Offline OP
OP Offline
J
She came to our current house a few times when we had just moved in.

M
M
You need to move. The house will always be a trigger and a cruel place for your wife. As an extraordinary precaution you need to move.

B
B
Originally Posted by JamesNY
She came to our current house a few times when we had just moved in.
Does your BW know this?

Have you read the article on Just Compensation?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
JamesNY Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My BW does know I've had sex in our house with the OW, but she hasn't said anything about wanting to move.

Yes, I did read the article.

B
B
My BW does know I've had sex in our house with the OW, but she hasn't said anything about wanting to move.

Yes, I did read the article.
Why don't you offer to move?

What did you understand about Just Compensation?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
JamesNY Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My BW loves the house, the street we live on, and the neighborhood in general. If she's happy, I don't want to take it away from her. If she does say she wants to move, I will be fully supportive.

What I understood about just compensation is I need to take steps to show my wife that I'm a safe partner and another affair will not happen. I've done this by giving her the passcode and passwords to my mobile phone, work phone, personal and work email addresses. I'm not on any social media. I don't go to happy hours with coworkers, I don't have female friends or interact with females outside of the office or my wife's relatives.

I have taken a lot of steps over the years to prevent another affair from happening, I just haven't articulated them to my BW because she didn't know about the affair until now. I'm transparent with her and I will do whatever she needs me to do to feel safe and that I'm valuing our marriage.

G
G
You don't understand the impact of triggers yet. Triggers prevent recovery.

G
G
I have taken a lot of steps over the years to prevent another affair from happening, I just haven't articulated them to my BW because she didn't know about the affair until now. I'm transparent with her and I will do whatever she needs me to do to feel safe and that I'm valuing our marriage.
For you, the affair was years back. For your wife, it feels like it is happening today, plus she has to deal with several years of dishonesty. You need to understand that.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation