Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2977107 08/22/03 09:15 AM
M
MYB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm working on day 2 of plan B. And h is supposed to deposit reg. child support plus a specified amount of back child support into account today. Well it turns out that the paperwork for having the support come directly out of his check has gone through. He was already complaining about not being able to give me what we agreed upon, now when he see’s that his bi-weekly paycheck is substantially smaller I have a feeling he is not going to deposit the back CS he owes me. He’s just going to look at his check and say oh, they’ve put the paper work through and try to avoid the fact that he owes me more. I definitely don’t want to call him. I really don’t want anyone calling on my behave. But in about 2 hours (I know my h like the palm of my hand) he is going to go to the bank and make a decision. I really don’t want to take the chance on him not depositing that money, because if he doesn’t I’m going to feel even more betrayed and I am going to feel like I need to contact the enforcement about it. So I think the best thing to do would be to send a friendly reminder that although they have taken the regular amount you still need to pay the backup today. Any quick advice. I don’t want to call. I think I'll have my mom do a conference call so I can but in if need be.

K
K
MYB, doesn't the court enforce arrearage for Child Support. I do not know what state you are in, but in both PA and NJ, from the time the paperwork is filed, until it goes through all support monies owed is then tacked on in arrearage. Unfortunately, it is not in one "lump sum", but it is sometimes a $10-$20 increase in the regular payment. Some men, if they are of means, like to pay it up front, but like I said, all states are different.

Unfortunately for the WS, they think that the fog protects them from being a father...it is his financial responsibility, as well as obligation to support his children and you know, you shoudn't give a darn what he thinks his check looks like; it is for his children and that is all that should matter.

I've been there where my spouse has fought me and now he realizes (because I do not hide my expenditures on the children from him) that it is his children who benefit, ie, camp, tuition, clothes, sneakers, shoes, trips, etc.

M
MYB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> MYB, doesn't the court enforce arrearage for Child Support. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I believe they do. But Last month while I was still plan Aing my h came up with this bogus robbery story and failed to pay any CS. I thought that if I reported him the sheriff’s would be all over him at his job…anywhere they could get him, atleast to serve papers. So He offered his method of repay and I excepted. This is his way out in his eyes. I'm sure.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation