Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3006858 11/28/18 09:59 PM
OP Offline
It�s been a long time since I�ve been here.

Marriage is suppose to be all about teamwork. I sit back and watch my married friends get ahead in the things that I desire for my family(husband and children). However, my husband is not the one to hold down a job due to being lazy and not punctual. We are actually late for everything, and it burns me up. He�s never on time for appointments. He refuses to take the second car so that I can go to church and be on time. He will straight curse me out if we try to leave without him. He�s also belittling. I don�t even argue back with him at all anymore. I just let him say whatever. The kids are growing such a dislike for him. Anyway, I realize that when we were separated, I was able to keep the bills paid working full time and running my business, keep the house in order and go to school full time. I ended up getting laid off of my job causing bills to get further behind, so I was depleting my bank accounts, running up credit cards, using school money I saved to further schooling, using money saved toward a home and borrowing from family. Family only did it for the kids but they warned me not to take him back in. He promised that he would do better, which he hadn�t and now the stress has taken a toll on my health. While money shouldn�t be everything, I�m now in a position that without the money, we continue to struggle leaving the kids without a lot of times. I have about 3 months on my lease, and I�m seriously considering moving back with my parents until I can get back on my feet. Hopefully, my new job will give me a transfer. This has been an ongoing battle for over 7 years. Like right now I�m feeling stupid. So would I be wrong to just take the kids and go?

Diamond in the rough!
M
M
Hello again, 1stlady, I went back and read your other threads and you have been separating and/or talking about separating for several years on this forum. In 2016 you said he was abusive, in 2015 you told us he wouldn't work and played video games all night. Why keep your kids in such a horrible situation?

Are you married to him?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

OP Offline
Hi. Yes we have been married since 2012. We have separated twice. And I guess I have kept him around due to biblical principles, but I am beginning to see that it just ain't going to work. Can lead a horse to water but that don't mean he will drink it. I tried and tried, but now I am tired. Being in therapy has helped me to see a lot of things especially when it comes to codependency.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Hello again, 1stlady, I went back and read your other threads and you have been separating and/or talking about separating for several years on this forum. In 2016 you said he was abusive, in 2015 you told us he wouldn't work and played video games all night. Why keep your kids in such a horrible situation?

Are you married to him?

Diamond in the rough!
S
S
Originally Posted by 1stladyserrano
And I guess I have kept him around due to biblical principles...
What Biblical principles state that you need to "keep him around"?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Hola.. Quiero denunciar a esta mujer que me robo a mi marido y destruyo mi familia, esa golfa, fea y regordeta deforme se llama Diana Carolina Chafloque Navas. Tengan cuidado!! . Por su culpa mi esposo se olvidó de sus hijos y de sus responsabilidades con ellos…desgraciada..

mateo flores
D
Administrator
Administrator
D
Hi mateo, since this is an English speaking forum, you need to avail yourself of google translator and post in English. google translator

Secondly, please start your own thread on the Surviving an Affair forum so posters can give your feedback on your personal situation. Thank you, Denali

MBDenali@gmail.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation