Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 55 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 54 55
M
M
Originally Posted by DrDetroit24
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Webwatcher is a good solid spyware. Did you check into that?

I did and am, again. Reviews for it are not very good (at least the ones I have read).

It is rated excellent in PC Magazine Online. It gives the pros and cons here: https://www.pcmag.com/review/264758/webwatcher?source=autosuggest

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Flexispy has traditionally been pretty solid too.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
This is funny. I'm looking at webwatcher, fonemonitor, and spyzie. When looking at the demo for spyzie and fonemonitor, their dashboards are exactly the same. I noticed this among some other spyware programs that are out there, too. Makes me think there's so much scamming going on.

D
OP Offline
D

I did and am, again. Reviews for it are not very good (at least the ones I have read).

It is rated excellent in PC Magazine Online. It gives the pros and cons here: https://www.pcmag.com/review/264758/webwatcher?source=autosuggest

Oh, I know, I saw that, but the comments in that pcmag article tell the story. It looks horrible.

M
M

Oh, I know, I saw that, but the comments in that pcmag article tell the story. It looks horrible.

WOW! That looks scary! I have used it myself years ago and it worked well. But those are bad reviews!

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
WOW! That looks scary! I have used it myself years ago and it worked well. But those are bad reviews!

I know. I think I've narrowed it down to spyzie and mspy, but after reading on several different sites about several different apps there is one consistent theme - the apps don't work.

M
M
Flexispy has a real good reputation and has been around for years. Many members have used it.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
These spyware things are just too sketchy. I don't trust them.

M
M
These spyware things are just too sketchy. I don't trust them.

No, they're not. Members have been using them for years. I used SpectorPro for years, webwatcher after that and have never had a problem. Flexispy is a top rated company. We have been using this stuff since I have been on this forum with great success. I don't know of anyone who ever had a problem. That doesn't mean that every app is trouble free but there are good products out there.

Exposure 101

A
A
Webwatcher is excellent, highly recommended.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
D-day, plan A, & exposure Jan 2017
Divorced Nov 2017
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by abrrba
Webwatcher is excellent, highly recommended.

I really want to try it, but the user reviews at pcmag and bbb from recent users are awful.

A
A
Respectfully, with your marriage on the line, is now the time to quibble over some reviews? Webwatcher has been very useful for many on this forum who needed to get the intel to save their marriages. The two hardest things that most betrayed spouses find are snooping and exposure. It's not easy, it's distasteful, it's scary, I get it. But you need to get over your fear or your conflict avoidance or whatever and get it done.

You have the best advising you (MelodyLane), and she can tell that you don't have the whole story. I can tell, too. Believe me, as another betrayed husband, I can spot the signs. If you want the best chance to end your WW's affair, you'll avail yourself of the tools needed to get the job done. You've received recommendations for WebWatcher and Flexispy, both of which have been used successfully by many here. We can only help you so much, you have to help yourself, too.

Best of luck.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
Divorced Nov 2017
D
OP Offline
D
Wow, what an evening. Had our conversation with the boys. I let my wife initiate it and she beat around the bush talking about this parenting class tomorrow and how it will help our boys to handle some changes that might or may be coming. She went to say that while she has been sleeping on the couch this may have been confusing for the boys and that this is not how marriages are supposed to be. She followed that up by explaining that her and I are in different places as to where the marriage is going and that while she wants to go one way, I want to go the other.

I let her finish and then took a few moments before saying my part to ask the boys if they had any questions. They didn't.

I started out by saying clearly what their mom did not and explained that she wanted a divorce. I told the boys that I did not want a divorce, that I did not want to break our family apart. I took them through their mom asking to separate on Father's Day and then reminded them that when they returned home from their summer trip that their mom and I talked to them about separating and that we were going to counseling in an attempt to work on the marriage. They remembered that. I then told them when "we" found out that their mom was having an affair with OMWs husband, their mom moved from separation to divorce. I mentioned affair with with the OMWs husband a couple more times and my wife was clearly frustrated. She interrupted me and politely reminded her that I let her go without interruption and would appreciate the same courtesy.

I explained to the boys that I made our marriage difficult but that mom and I could work on it, we could fix it if we chose to. I talked to the boys about some of my behaviors and their impact on them and their mom. I said that while we could fix the marriage if we chose, we couldn't lie about the affair their mom was having. I reiterated that I love their mom deeply and I am committed to fixing our marriage rather than breaking apart our family. I explained that I would not help their mom with a divorce, that I would fight for our marriage and family, and, in doing so, I would not be attending the parenting class because I thought it would be confusing and hurtful to them.

By this time, my wife was crying when she finally got up from the table and while clearing some glasses started in how I've lied for 16 years in our marriage about making it better. I responded, calmly, by noting that trying and failing to fix something is not the same as lying about something. The next thing we hear in the kitchen is a glass breaking on the floor. She says it was an accident, but who knows.

I didn't get to tell my my boys that I though their mom was pushing so hard for divorce now so that she set herself up to hook up with the OMWs wife. After she broke the glass, it was clear that my oldest boy was getting very emotional and we needed to take a break. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, my wife was crying and talking out loud about how bad the marriage has been, that I am a liar, etc.

G
G
Flexispy has a real good reputation and has been around for years. Many members have used it.
It's been a while, but when I did my research, I remember Flexispy having a great helpdesk. Seemed very trustworthy (and good for noobs) to me.

If you think spyware is scary, don't ever use Google again. Or any Android phone. I prefer spyware that I install myself to big data companies that know everything about me. Think about that.

D
OP Offline
D
Respectfully, with your marriage on the line, is now the time to quibble over some reviews? Webwatcher has been very useful for many on this forum who needed to get the intel to save their marriages. The two hardest things that most betrayed spouses find are snooping and exposure. It's not easy, it's distasteful, it's scary, I get it. But you need to get over your fear or your conflict avoidance or whatever and get it done.

You have the best advising you (MelodyLane), and she can tell that you don't have the whole story. I can tell, too. Believe me, as another betrayed husband, I can spot the signs. If you want the best chance to end your WW's affair, you'll avail yourself of the tools needed to get the job done. You've received recommendations for WebWatcher and Flexispy, both of which have been used successfully by many here. We can only help you so much, you have to help yourself, too.

Best of luck.

I think it's obvious that I am taking the suggestion seriously. I've looked and researched several different programs and gone after recent user reviews of each. With respect to webwatcher, we're not really talking about "some reviews". Heck, Melody was at least partly shocked by what she saw despite having used the same software before. I'm not finding any recent positive experiences of users using webwatcher or very many of these programs. I'm not quibbling, I'm interested in not giving away a $100.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
It's been a while, but when I did my research, I remember Flexispy having a great helpdesk. Seemed very trustworthy (and good for noobs) to me.

If you think spyware is scary, don't ever use Google again. Or any Android phone. I prefer spyware that I install myself to big data companies that know everything about me. Think about that.

I dont think it's "scary", I just don't like the idea of giving away my money. Thanks, though, for the recce on Flexispy. How long ago did you use it?

G
G
Many years ago, when I needed a keylogger, I used another (russian, don't remember the name) program that is not available anymore. It will probably have terrible reviews, but did the job very well.

I researched some 2 years ago for a friend and remember I was impressed with Flexispy and their helpdesk.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Good products cost money, but it will save you a lot of time. In the end, it will probably save you a lot more money using spyware than without.

A
A
I think it's obvious that I am taking the suggestion seriously. I've looked and researched several different programs and gone after recent user reviews of each. With respect to webwatcher, we're not really talking about "some reviews". Heck, Melody was at least partly shocked by what she saw despite having used the same software before. I'm not finding any recent positive experiences of users using webwatcher or very many of these programs. I'm not quibbling, I'm interested in not giving away a $100.

I can't say I understand your reasoning, as regards $100. Two years later I'm *still* paying my divorce fees, besides alimony. $100 is a drop in the bucket compared to the costs of getting divorced. Forget, even, the cost of the divorce itself. The extra cost of maintaining two separate households? Even if you never have to pay child support or alimony, you'd have only 1 salary contributing to the household. I really shake my head when a betrayed spouse is delaying finding out the truth, for the paltry cost of a tool like WebWatcher or Flexispy.

I'm not saying you're not taking the suggestion seriously. But considering that it's your marriage and family at stake, I just don't understand the delay over such a small amount. Get yourself a prepaid card at the super market, and get it done!

The best of luck, I hope things work out for you and your family.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
Divorced Nov 2017
D
OP Offline
D

I can't say I understand your reasoning, as regards $100. Two years later I'm *still* paying my divorce fees, besides alimony. $100 is a drop in the bucket compared to the costs of getting divorced. Forget, even, the cost of the divorce itself. The extra cost of maintaining two separate households? Even if you never have to pay child support or alimony, you'd have only 1 salary contributing to the household. I really shake my head when a betrayed spouse is delaying finding out the truth, for the paltry cost of a tool like WebWatcher or Flexispy.

I'm not saying you're not taking the suggestion seriously. But considering that it's your marriage and family at stake, I just don't understand the delay over such a small amount. Get yourself a prepaid card at the super market, and get it done!

The best of luck, I hope things work out for you and your family.

It's not simply about the money....it's virtually all negative reviews...it just doesn't work...at least webwatcher. I'm still looking for one with recent user reviews that actually suggest that the software works.

Last edited by DrDetroit24; 10/18/19 11:38 PM.
D
OP Offline
D
So, narrowed down to mobistealth, mspy, and Flexispy.

Flexispy is first to go...some features that I like require rooting and having spent months following whether LG G8s from Sprint can be rooted, I know that they cannot be.
Mobistealth has most of the features I think I want, such as text and call history and FB/Instagram/Snapchat logging. Missing skypechat logging, but I can live with that. Does Gmail logging, but while other companies make a distinction between Gmail and Email, these guys don't. But I have 24/7 access to wife's yahoo email.
Mspy also requires rooting for many items like FB/Instagram/Snapchat, so it's out, too.

So, Mobistealth looks like the best choice for me. 3 months for $85 with a discount code.

Page 21 of 55 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation