Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 55 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 54 55
D
OP Offline
D
Home now and she's home and I just want to scream at her and tell her to get the f#$k out.

M
M
Originally Posted by DrDetroit24
Home now and she's home and I just want to scream at her and tell her to get the f#$k out.

#CONTROL

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
She tried to turn it around on me. After I told her I was hurt when finding out about her seeing the OM her response was that I had hurt her for 16 years. So I replied that none of that justifies her continuing to hurt me or our family with her continuing affair with the OM. She played the, "thanks for bringing this up in front the kids" and I simply said that they deserve to know the truth and that truth will not hurt them especially when discussed calmly and with care.

M
M
She tried to turn it around on me. After I told her I was hurt when finding out about her seeing the OM her response was that I had hurt her for 16 years. So I replied that none of that justifies her continuing to hurt me or our family with her continuing affair with the OM. She played the, "thanks for bringing this up in front the kids" and I simply said that they deserve to know the truth and that truth will not hurt them especially when discussed calmly and with care.

You did great! Did you tell her the OM's W knows about this? Did she have questions about how you knew?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I would MAKE DANG SURE you have that GPS feature on. You need to be able to track her whereabouts at all times.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
She's called her friends to help her move my stuff out of the office... I've started moving it back. We had an agreement and her seeing her boyfriend doesn't change that.

D
OP Offline
D
After confronting her I took the boys out and when I came home she was moving my things out of the office.

Now she's telling me that she's moving down here and I replied that we agreed we would wait two weeks. I'll also let her know that I can sleep down in the office while she takes the bedroom.

She's very angry that I am dragging her through the mud in front of the kids.

D
OP Offline
D
She's also said something about me tracking her every move.

M
M
She's very angry that I am dragging her through the mud in front of the kids.

It's sad that she is dragging you and your boys through the mud. Will she agree to leave this this woman's husband [insert her name] alone like his wife requested?

Exposure 101

M
M

Yep!

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
I also let her know that I love her and am willing to work on this marriage.

Very chaotic when I first walked in. As I brought stuff back downstairs she stood on the stairs blocking my way and when I went to slide past her she yelled out don't touch me. So I squeezed by anyway without touching her.

I also suggested to her that we didn't need to do this in front of the kids and that the parenting class likely talked about not doing this kind of stuff in front of the kids.

Lastly, I see she brought out the divorce paperwork she got last Friday.

I'm emptying out the savings tonight so that she cannot burn the kids money on divorcing me.

She's outside talking to one of her divorced friends...

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Yep!

When I told her me tracking her doesn't matter, she insisted that he did. I just continued to tell her that her continuing to hurt our family by seeing another man and also interfering with another family was hurtful.

M
M
You need to turn on your phone recorder and record your conversations with her!! Don't get too close to her physically. I am worried she will call the cops on you and say she was assaulted.

Exposure 101

M
M

Yep!

When I told her me tracking her doesn't matter, she insisted that he did. I just continued to tell her that her continuing to hurt our family by seeing another man and also interfering with another family was hurtful.

Apparently she has something to hide.

Exposure 101

M
M

Yep!

Just say you will do whatever you deem necessary to protect yourself and your sons. If she doesn't like getting caught she should stop doing things she doesn't want others to know.

If push comes to shove, you can just say someone saw her at the OM's and told you about it.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
You need to turn on your phone recorder and record your conversations with her!! Don't get too close to her physically. I am worried she will call the cops on you and say she was assaulted.
Doing that now

M
M
Please try and de-escalate the situation. Her bringing friends into your home is not going to help.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Just about ready to transfer out joint savings to my own savings acct. Hope this is okay to do.

M
M
Just about ready to transfer out joint savings to my own savings acct. Hope this is okay to do.

I would leave some in there for her. You just don't want to give her ability to cause financial harm.

Last edited by MelodyLane; 11/01/19 10:14 PM.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

I would leave some in there for her. You just don't want to give her ability to cause financial harm.

Transfer done...that is going to cause hell around here.

Unfortunately, transfer is merely pending. Won't actually happen until Monday.

Last edited by DrDetroit24; 11/01/19 10:26 PM.
Page 32 of 55 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (sergio45), 491 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation