Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 55 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 54 55
M
M
DrD, you have to decide what you want, to be married or to be divorced and proceed on that basis. No one would fault you if you decided to get divorced. If that is the route you decide, I would urge you to file, get legal protection and move out. The absolute worst thing you can do is stay there in a state of limbo giving her the cold shoulder. That will eventually just wear you out emotionally. You will grow more and more bitter and angry. That doesn't help anyone. I don't think you have the make up to do Plan A and that is ok. I could never do Plan A myself. There is no shame in that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I also hope you are informing the OM's wife when you catch your wife in contact with the OM. Everyone should know.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
My goodness...from my wife via email:.

"The boys and I have been invite to a NYE gathering. Jack asked if you could go. I replied that you could if you wanted but NYE have been difficult for you in the past. I gave Jack the option to go to the gathering or stay with you. I would prefer not to be together that evening. The boys are welcome to come to the party but I want to be sensitive to your time with them as well. Please let me know what you would like for that evening so we can prepare the boys accordingly.

I have 3 camping trips planned, they are marked on the calendar. These are for just the boys and me. Jan 2-3, Feb 16-18, and March 23-26. Please let me know if you have plans that you would like to book with the boys and the dates can be recorded on the calendar.

I do hope you are giving mediation some thought, it is very apparent that this is a harmful relationship for both of us, yet we need to find a way to be cooperative and kind coparents to the boys, no need in repeating history. We can learn from the damaging relations of our families and move forward in a positive way for the boys."

Why doesn't she just divorce me and leave...

D
OP Offline
D
So nice to have your wife tell you she doesn't want you there. Why? So you can meet new men with your kids with you? I'm sick to my stomach.

G
G
She wrote me an email this morning on the basis that we haven't had time to talk...the real case is that I am simply not talking to her. In this email she goes on about money and how I haven't yet deposited my share into our joint account.

I want to reply by telling her if she's that concerned about it then she should use the money she got for selling the ring I gave to her and that she didn't have the honor and dignity to give back to me. Or that she should hit up her boyfriend for money if she's concerned about it. Or I'll just ignore it.
Whatever you do or don't, make sure you handle finances in a way that it doesn't harm your chances on custody.

G
G
And if you go into plan B, how about a plan B letter before you stop communicating?

N
N
My brother dragged his feet on child support and my SiL moved with their daughter to be with the OM and his kids right before Thanksgiving. Please don’t make this path of least resistance for your DW. You have gotten good advice, please continue to look for the right AD and if you have no Plan A left in you then move to Plan B. You are not alone please keep coming back we can support you through it. What happened with your suicidal one is hie under a doctor’s care?

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
G
G
Originally Posted by DrDetroit24
So nice to have your wife tell you she doesn't want you there. Why? So you can meet new men with your kids with you? I'm sick to my stomach.
When you are emotional or angry, people in general make bad decisions. Calm down and think before you act. Look at emotions as a traffic light. Anger is red, stop.

D
OP Offline
D
Another email from this witch:

"I do hope you are giving mediation some thought, it is very apparent that this is a harmful relationship for both of us, yet we need to find a way to be cooperative and kind coparents to the boys, no need in repeating history. We can learn from the damaging relations of our families and move forward in a positive way for the boys."

I just want to write back:
This marriage is not harmful to me. Your continuous affair cheating on our family and your continuous lies are what are hurtful to both me and the kids.

You are not being harmed right now. You are enjoying life while living under my support while complaining about needing make more money. If your concern is around money then use the money you got from selling the ring I gave to you and which you lacked the honor and decency to give back to me before cheating on me and the kids.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
She wrote me an email this morning on the basis that we haven't had time to talk...the real case is that I am simply not talking to her. In this email she goes on about money and how I haven't yet deposited my share into our joint account.

I want to reply by telling her if she's that concerned about it then she should use the money she got for selling the ring I gave to her and that she didn't have the honor and dignity to give back to me. Or that she should hit up her boyfriend for money if she's concerned about it. Or I'll just ignore it.
Whatever you do or don't, make sure you handle finances in a way that it doesn't harm your chances on custody.

She's handling the finances. I'm just transferring the money to our joint account because that's all I am and have been for her - a check.

D
OP Offline
D
And if you go into plan B, how about a plan B letter before you stop communicating?

I never had a Plan A apparently.

What good is a Plan B letter? She's done.

I just need to get some mediation agreement examples, refine it, and then file for divorce.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
DrD, you have to decide what you want, to be married or to be divorced and proceed on that basis. No one would fault you if you decided to get divorced. If that is the route you decide, I would urge you to file, get legal protection and move out. The absolute worst thing you can do is stay there in a state of limbo giving her the cold shoulder. That will eventually just wear you out emotionally. You will grow more and more bitter and angry. That doesn't help anyone. I don't think you have the make up to do Plan A and that is ok. I could never do Plan A myself. There is no shame in that.

I'm slowly coming around on divorce. It appears I am too stupid or thick or whatever to just accept it, own it, and move forward.

And I'm getting more bitter and angry each day. All I feel is shame and guilt for letting my family down and creating a situation where my kids will suffer.

I hate where I am at right now. I don't want to divorce her but it seems to get out of the way I am feeling now is to do just that.

H
H
Dear DrD,

You wife may be a cheating witch, but mind you, she is a very calculating and strategic witch.
This e-mail is a classical e-mail, set up to make you come across as a bad parent and uncooperative in court.

Please do come here for advice before mailing her the answer she deserves and digging your own grave.

me, DH
all the children
D
OP Offline
D
I don't know how to respond. I would like some help, please.

M
M

I never had a Plan A apparently.

I am confused what you mean by this. You have been in Plan A for some time. Wht does this mean?

What good is a Plan B letter? She's done.

I don't think you understand what Plan B means. It means that you cut off all contact with her. Something you can't do while living together..

I just need to get some mediation agreement examples, refine it, and then file for divorce.

Why don't you just file for divorce and stop with the "mediation" nonsense? You don't need to do mediation.

Exposure 101

M
M
I don't know how to respond. I would like some help, please.

Don't respond at all. Just go file for divorce and let your attorney "mediate," THAT IS THEIR JOB. Your wife is trying to set you up to say things she can use against you in court. Don't reply. Just go file for divorce.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Melody... Need mediation, I think, to determine spousal support (prefer she and I work that out rather than a judge), parenting time, custody arrangement.

Re Plan B, right, can't be done while living together. I ain't leaving the house.

M
M
Melody... Need mediation, I think, to determine spousal support (prefer she and I work that out rather than a judge), parenting time, custody arrangement.

What exactly do you mean by "mediation?" Is that where you hire someone to work this out for you?

Exposure 101

M
M
Re Plan B, right, can't be done while living together. I ain't leaving the house.

If you are getting divorced, one of you will have to leave. Otherwise there is no point in getting divorced.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

What exactly do you mean by "mediation?" Is that where you hire someone to work this out for you?

Rather than a contested divorce where a judge determines the outcome, using an attorney to draft a settlement between us.

Page 50 of 55 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation