Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
You are wise to be careful with anonymity on the internet. Know that when circumstances ask for it, the moderators can hide your thread or change your posts.

I
OP Offline
I
I have been here before several years ago.

M
M
Originally Posted by Intenselove
I am afraid to say too much here, but I have testimony from more than 2 people. (So she has admitted it to more than 2 people)

Has she admitted it to you? Do you have other physical evidence? And I would not wait to expose it. You don't want to give her time to lie about it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
You are wise to be careful with anonymity on the internet. Know that when circumstances ask for it, the moderators can hide your thread or change your posts.

Thank you

M
M

What was your screen name?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
OP Offline
I
I have no reason to think that she is on this site, but I can’t be sure. If she knew of my posts, it could harm my case.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

What was your screen name?

If I stated my screen name, it would likely give me away.

I
OP Offline
I
She has not admitted it to me. I have text messages from the people she admitted it to.

I
OP Offline
I
Did I mention she is pregnant, and the child is probably not mine.

M
M
Did I mention she is pregnant, and the child is probably not mine.

Did she say the child is not yours? What does she say about the affair?

Exposure 101

I
OP Offline
I
She is adiment that the child is mine.
She is a liar.
The child is probably not mine.

I
OP Offline
I
I need to file for divorce first because I am told there are advantages .
My lawyer told me I can’t file while she is pregnant, but I was told by two other lawyers that I can file while pregnant.
I think maybe my lawyer doesn’t want to fight.
Also there is evidence that she is abusing my child.
I need a lawyer that will fight for my child and I.

M
M
I need to file for divorce first because I am told there are advantages .
My lawyer told me I can’t file while she is pregnant, but I was told by two other lawyers that I can file while pregnant.
I think maybe my lawyer doesn’t want to fight.
Also there is evidence that she is abusing my child.
I need a lawyer that will fight for my child and I.

If that is the case, I would definitely get hard evidence of an affair and file on grounds of adultery if you can. Even in many no fault states, they do take adultery into consideration when it comes to child custody and asset allocation.

Exposure 101

I
OP Offline
I
I don’t know if I can get hard evidence at this time.
There are 3 people who she has admitted adultry to.
The baby is probably not mine, so that would take care of it.
My W went to her home country for 63 days early this year, and I can prove OM was there with her.
This is so maddening. I hate having to live here with her.
I hate having to talk to her.
She has seen the pain this caused several years ago, and she still does it.

Last edited by Intenselove; 12/25/19 11:23 PM.
I
OP Offline
I
When I expose, how should I word exposure since I do not intend on saving the marriage?
I can contact a few of her friends by text and what’s app.
Also I can probably use Facebook.
It seems her family just enables her affair.

Last edited by Intenselove; 12/27/19 11:14 AM.
M
M
When I expose, how should I word exposure since I do not intend on saving the marriage?

I would just send a factual message that you have discovered she is having an affair with XYZ and have decided to leave the marriage since this is not her first affair. She had several other affairs back in 20XX. Something like this to family and friends:

Dear Family and friends, I am sending you this message because you have been an important person in our lives and I felt you should know the truth. I am seeking a divorce from WW because of her affair with Joe Blow. This affair has been going on since ___DATE___ according to the evidence. This is not her first affair; she had several affairs back in 20xx and I forgave her. As her friend, I hope you can persuade her to end her destructive behavior. You should also know so you can take steps to protect your own marriages.

Something like this to OM's family and friends:

Dear friend of OM:

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of his friends should know the kind of person he really is. Joe is having an affair with my wife, Sally xx. I believe that his friends should know this, so you can protect your marriage from him. My wife and I have 2 small daughters and this affair has wrecked our marriage.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify his parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.

Thank you, BH

Exposure 101

M
M

Expose to all of her family. Some will be enablers, but not all. Don't discount anyone because you think you know how they will react. Exposing to a few of her friends is a waste of time because she probably befriends enablers. Don't do a trickle exposure. Did you read my thread about exposure?

Exposure 101

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Expose to all of her family. Some will be enablers, but not all. Don't discount anyone because you think you know how they will react. Exposing to a few of her friends is a waste of time because she probably befriends enablers. Don't do a trickle exposure. Did you read my thread about exposure?

I have read your thread about exposure.
I wish I could speak with someone privately and go over exact evidence, and details.
I believe given the evidence, a jury would say she is / was havIng an affair, but she does have some wiggle room.
(That is how she is denying the affair)

I
OP Offline
I
My W left her write up from her doctor out in the open.
It says she has an std.
I have recently been tested and everything came up negative for me. (Praise the Lord in heaven!)
So my questions are is it legal for me to have this info because she did not give it to me, but she left it out in the open?
Should I confront her with this info.
(It will be hard for me not to confront her)

M
M
My W left her write up from her doctor out in the open.
It says she has an std.
I have recently been tested and everything came up negative for me. (Praise the Lord in heaven!)
So my questions are is it legal for me to have this info because she did not give it to me, but she left it out in the open?
Should I confront her with this info.
(It will be hard for me not to confront her)

I would take a photo of anything like this. And I would not confront her about it.

How does she communicate with her OM? And have you filed for divorce yet? What is your separation plan?

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 259 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation