Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3016916 03/30/23 11:06 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Good Heavens! It seems like a lifetime since I dropped into this forum.

I was a regular back in the day, well 20 years ago!

I raised my husband's child from an affair. I ended up adopting her when she was 14 years old.
Honestly, she has always looked like me, so it really isn't obvious to anyone. I have 2 boys that
were born after my daughter and they all look similar, so when I talk about my pregnancies, that's
when people ask, "What about her?" "OH, that was the easiest one. I didn't actually have her."

I have close to 750 posts on here. Nearly all of them are on this board. I go back and read them and
really can see how I grew with the support of this community.

I did finally end up divorcing my WH. I have been divorced since November of 2020.
I now have a grandson that I love beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

I will start checking in more often. I will try to help anyone. I read a little and I see there are some that aren't
finding anyone to discuss the issues with. It was so helpful for me to have someone to talk to and find that
I truly wasn't crazy with how I felt.

You're going to find a way through this. I did, and if I can, Anyone can!
Don't hesitate to reach out. I'll update my profile to have my FB so you can connect offboard if need be.
Just be sure to mention MB when messaging!

Stacia Lee
Former BW 54
Divorced after 27 years.
DD/OC - 21 now, with a 2yr son of her own
DSs - 18 & 12

God will lead you to
No waters He cannot part;
No brink He cannot cross;
No pain He cannot bear.
B
B
Welcome back to MB. Why did you and your WH end up divorcing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi BH,
xH couldn't stop his affairs. He had one that nearly cost the life of our youngest son. We had separated and on one of his weekends, OW ran over my then 3-year-old son with her car, breaking his collarbone.
In another bad decision, we got back together for another 7 years, while I waited to be able to support myself and the kids. Also during that time, I managed to adopt my daughter.
He didn't want me working but I finally got a job and was able to move out with the kids.
Narcissism and controlling actions are difficult to break away from. We were married for 27 years.
Excuses are just that, excuses. As they say, Words are wind. It is actions that mean the most and I was finally able to see his lack of actions.

I have since met a wonderful man that is a polar opposite of my xH.
He is patient, hardworking and very loving. He looks at me the way that I always dreamed about. He puts US first. We met just before my divorce was finalized.

God knew I needed him, and he says that God knew he needed me.
I have never known anyone like him and I wouldn't change a thing!

God will lead you to
No waters He cannot part;
No brink He cannot cross;
No pain He cannot bear.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation